Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2016, 12:58 (Ref:3645475)   #51
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Daniel. Time to dig.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:01 (Ref:3645477)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another VSC as Verstappen finally succumbs to Monaco.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:05 (Ref:3645479)   #53
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody awful from Red Bull Racing. Could end up costing Ricciardo victory unless he can pull off the very unlikely.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3645484)   #54
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Patience Danielson. Kinda thought Lew would
have to give up a spot after blowing the chicane.

Stewards say no penalty for Lew. (Lucky)

Last edited by canamman; 29 May 2016 at 13:23.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3645486)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No penalty for Hamilton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Another VSC as Verstappen finally succumbs to Monaco.
Monaco is not his place so far.

He was quick on the wet track.

Poor driving from Rosberg.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3645488)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No penalty for Hamilton?

Monaco is not his place so far.

He was quick on the wet track.

Poor driving from Rosberg.
Apparently Rosberg had brake issues.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:22 (Ref:3645489)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Another VSC as the Saubers collide.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3645490)   #58
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear. "Teammates".
Old 29 May 2016, 13:43 (Ref:3645499)   #59
canamman
Veteran

United States
US TV just said a team reported showers arriving with 8 to go.

If you have a pass in you , its time.
Old 29 May 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3645501)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The race can use some rain now. It's boring at the moment.
Old 29 May 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3645503)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Hamilton, though he certainly benefited from Ricciardo's pitstop. Nice to see Alonso bring the McLaren home 5th.

So, the Rosberg juggernaut falters.
Old 29 May 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3645557)   #62
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Hated seeing the prima donna win, at the expense of the better driver who was let down by his team.
The wet start made for a great race, but not a great winner as far as I'm concerned.
Old 29 May 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3645597)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep feel for Rici, but hamiltons use of tyres was very brave and helped him take advantage of the RB pit mess
Old 29 May 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3645646)   #64
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
When a car makes a pitstop for tyres?...whats the worst thing you could forget to have anywhere near the car?...
Old 29 May 2016, 21:43 (Ref:3645663)   #65
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted that the better driver didn't win. I find Hamilton and his entourage utterly unlikeable and fake. The sooner the rest of the field can get ahead and beat him the better as Nico..dear oh dear.

Anyway, rant over. I do think Max is going to bring out this bite in Daniel - even if the team are being calamitous / deliberately causing tactical cock-ups. That line-up is by far the most interesting now. Nico / Lewis is too lop-sided in terms of talent towards Lewis, as is Seb / Kimi.

Fingers crossed Daniel utilises this new precision and fight to execute a win in Canada.
Old 29 May 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3645665)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
When a car makes a pitstop for tyres?...whats the worst thing you could forget to have anywhere near the car?...
The worst of it was RBR made the call, not Ricciardo.
Old 29 May 2016, 23:09 (Ref:3645678)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
One thing that stick's in my mind, was how shoddy the podium interview was.

For a start, Brundle should have got up there but didn't, so he conducted the the interview from the trackside. Hamilton couldn't be bothered to stand, while being interviewed and Ricciardo certainly made sure everyone knew how he was feeling and it wasn't helped by Brundle continuing to ask him questions, when Ricciardo said he didn't want to talk about the race.

Maybe I'm making too much of it but it just seemed to lack any etiquette.
Old 29 May 2016, 23:12 (Ref:3645679)   #68
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
It's no surprise that you get all the conspiracy theories regarding F1. Makes you wonder if a certain 80+ gentleman hands over fat brown envelopes to certain teams to manipulate an exciting championship.
Mercedes saying Rosberg was having brake issues is a load of baloney in my view..Rosberg seems to be a bit of a patsy... Red Bull making such a stupid error is unbelieveable...
I know my view is an emotional one, based on the fact that DR earned the right to win that race and was robbed of it by other "stuff" that makes it all a bit questionable, and made even worse to bear seeing "the sulk" all happy after a gifted win and getting away with a controversial stewards decision at the chicane incident.
Old 29 May 2016, 23:18 (Ref:3645680)   #69
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I actually left the room when Brundle simpered to the Grimaldis about turning his back to them. Cringeworthy. It's an ad hoc podium area not a formal occasion at a palace.

And Justin Beiber for Hambo there, lol.

We'll see if Rosberg has faltered when we return to the conventional tracks.

Last edited by Paradise City; 29 May 2016 at 23:23.
Old 29 May 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3645688)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
It's no surprise that you get all the conspiracy theories regarding F1. Makes you wonder if a certain 80+ gentleman hands over fat brown envelopes to certain teams to manipulate an exciting championship.
Mercedes saying Rosberg was having brake issues is a load of baloney in my view..Rosberg seems to be a bit of a patsy... Red Bull making such a stupid error is unbelieveable...
I know my view is an emotional one, based on the fact that DR earned the right to win that race and was robbed of it by other "stuff" that makes it all a bit questionable, and made even worse to bear seeing "the sulk" all happy after a gifted win and getting away with a controversial stewards decision at the chicane incident.
Mr Rosberg had brake issues? Sure, didn't use them hard enough to be fast...

Getting blown off by a Force India in sight of the line didn't speak to brake problems...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3645689)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you but my view wouldn't be based on emotion, rather annoyance.
Old 30 May 2016, 01:04 (Ref:3645700)   #72
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn even when someone gets given a big advantage (Ricciardo nearly 15 sec lead on a track you can't pass on), Mercedes somehow pull it out of the bag. Even when they're not fastest, they still win. Really bad result for F1 in my opinion, I think there would only be diehard fans that wanted to see Hamilton win and then hang out with his "dog" Justin Bieber. Why does he even want Bieber hanging around anyway, pretending to be buds? No one but tweens like him.

Verstappen sure bought the excitement though! Would loved to have seen him start up front because with Ricciardo's bad luck in the pits, Verstappen might have been able to come through instead of letting that dirty Mercedes into the lead. He was very quick and passing everyone.

The worst thing of all; Nico's lead is halved. C'mon man, you're not going to win the championship being lapped by your teammate. I am not a Nico fan, but I couldn't stand to see Lewis win again.

Perez owning his teammate in conditions that Hulk is at his best in... interesting.
Old 30 May 2016, 07:05 (Ref:3645722)   #73
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Perez owning his teammate in conditions that Hulk is at his best in... interesting.
I hardly think Perez owned his teammate, more that he got a huge break with the traffic around the pit stops, having said that he drove well and made the most of the opportunity.
Old 30 May 2016, 07:29 (Ref:3645725)   #74
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't quite figured out where all this negativity and the conspiracy theory regarding Mercedes is coming from? Sure, it'd been great to have another winner and Ricciardo was quicker all weekend, but you can't really blame Merc on picking up the pieces when RBR is just too stupid to win it?

Hamilton cut the chicane but how do you penalise that if it's a one time offence? The defensive move out of the chicane afterwards looked agressive but he seemed to leave a car width to the wall. Of course that bit of road was still wet but again, hard to penalise him for it?
In the end RBR lost it themselves. The choice to leave Ricciardo out for another lap was spot on, the pit stop wasn't. They missed their chance, I'm afraid they won't get another one at Canada.
Old 30 May 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3645733)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Several drivers ended their F1 careers in that race though I feel!

Taxi for.....

Some exceptional driving in the top order but some very ordinary levels and desperate stuff further back.

Palmer (Mansell white line syndrome but plainly not quick enough), Kimi (half asleep) , Kyvat crashes again (will be lucky to finish the year), The Sauber clowns.

Dear oh dear.