Genuine race memorabilia 49 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Oct 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3153546)   #101
nivola1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Banbury, Oxfordshire
nivola1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi my name is Rob, a self confessed motorsport nut. I first got interested as a 12 year old back in 1979 and attended my first F1 race in 1983. Over the last few years my attention has turned to the 1930's era. My memorabilia collection consist of
Books- My Autocourse collection of 28 go back to 1976, Lots of driver autobiographies going back to 1935 (seagrave) and lots of signed stuff from mansell to moss...a good collection of foriegn books on the 1930's that have cost me dear!..oh and the only magazine I have ever kept is my grand prix international collection, issues 1-65 complete and all in binders (nice ).
Art- Just recently I got a hand drawn original picture of Alan Jones's 1980 Williams signed by Patrick Head and Frank Williams (before his accident). Williams has always been my first passion so I guess I'll keep this for the rest of my days.
Also have signed prints by Barry sheene (a very nice Dion pears print), Johnny herbert (benetton promo), Stirling Moss, Jack Brabham and a nice prodrive print signed by sainz, mcrea and burns.
F1 car bits- I have the usual stuff, several williams wheels and a front nose cone from Jaques Laffites 1983 williams fw08. When I was about 14 I got an original spark plug from a cosworth DFV it's not much but very special to me.
car badges and mascots- a great interest of mine i have many motorsport related stuff, radiator badges from Zolder and european car clubs. some 1960's goodwood enamel badges and bronze car cub plaques which are very nice. Car club cups from the 1920's ( need to research these more) and of course mascots a real passion of mine.
Well thats a brief overview of me thanks for reading this
Old 10 Dec 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3177146)   #102
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry. my "copy and paste" seems to have gone to the Maldives. Go to Google Image and type in A1 Ring , and you'll see what I mean.
Old 11 Feb 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3203039)   #103
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bare, but born and bred in Birmingham
HornetV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New here and this seems a good spot to introduce myself

I'm Ian, 20 from Birmingham (but now living in a place called "Bare")
My main interest in motorsport is NASCAR, been following that since I was a little sprog, my interest has since grown onwards to classic cars and vintage and historic racing, I just love all forms of classic iconic motorsport from the gulf 917 and Lancia LC2 to the Hudson Hornets via the Lola T70 (In other words "its all good in my eyes")

I grew up watching those little Metros zipping about in Rallycross to so there's a fair bit of Rally interest in my blood too

My job is Railway Fitter, basically I get covered in oil all day working on 50 year old locos,all good fun

I like good beer, good company and Rock and heavy metal music, from Chuck Berry to Deep Purple

Looking forward to being here and hopefully meeting a few members, getting back into motorsport after about 6 years "off the radar" and its good to be back!
Old 12 Feb 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3203437)   #104
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome HornetV8 !

Deep Purple is great !
Old 12 Feb 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3203507)   #105
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetV8 View Post
I like good beer, good company and Rock and heavy metal music, from Chuck Berry to Deep Purple
Blimey an old head on young shoulders ! welcome !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Feb 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3203653)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Ian
Old 13 Feb 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3203950)   #107
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Blimey an old head on young shoulders ! welcome !
Agreed Gordon. What a mature young man, with such good taste!!! Reminds me of the current Features Editor of Autosport; he was into all that practically from birth! He's 31 this month! Welcome indeed, Ian.
Old 13 Feb 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3203976)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes indeed sounds like just the sort of new member we need!

Ian may I ask what sort of Loco's you work on, Steam or Diesel?
Old 13 Feb 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3204010)   #109
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes indeed sounds like just the sort of new member we need!

Ian may I ask what sort of Loco's you work on, Steam or Diesel?
I'm on the diesel side, but the company I work for also operates steam, just the the other side of the door to us is that department

Thanks for the welcome chaps, I think im going to like it here with such likeminded folk
Old 13 Feb 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3204048)   #110
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Welcome HornetV8 !

Deep Purple is great !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Welcome Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Agreed Gordon. What a mature young man, with such good taste!!! Reminds me of the current Features Editor of Autosport; he was into all that practically from birth! He's 31 this month! Welcome indeed, Ian.
By the way, if you don't know yet, Ian, my avatar is Candice Night's new album. Candice is wife of Ritchie Blackmore, as you know so well, former Deep Purple guitar front, and she's the singer in Ritchie Blackmore's Blackmores Night...
Old 13 Feb 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3204256)   #111
keithc82
Rookie

keithc82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hey guys, my name is Keith, 30 from Dublin. Got into cars and motorsport relitively late, 1998 to be exact. I saw a mclaren f1 on a top gear VHS and feel for it instantly, started watching f1 around the same time. Naturally not having any previous knowledge I supported/support McLaren. Started getting into endurance racing over the last couple of years.

Away from work as a mechanic I eat, sleep and s*#t motorsport, everything from die cast, model kits, books, RC and artwork and of course watching it on tv on top of all that I spend every other weekend during the racing season as a scrutineer at the circuits around Ireland.

God bless my poor wife, I have her demented!!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Old 13 Feb 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3204280)   #112
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Welcome to the forum Keith, you will find I sometimes speak a load of bo****ks but I can be serious if I want to be.
My wife has put up with motorsport for 40 years and was my old racing mechanics girlfriend, so the two can exist !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Feb 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3205040)   #113
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still have that Top Gear VHS Keith. Loved it as a kid. Love it now actually! Can't believe it's 16 years ago.

Welcome!
Old 15 Feb 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3205142)   #114
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm on the diesel side, but the company I work for also operates steam, just the the other side of the door to us is that department

Thanks for the welcome chaps, I think im going to like it here with such likeminded folk
Ah! So are you at Tyseley or SVR maybe?

Excellent!

I'm no expert on these wonderful machines but both my father and my son are pretty keen.

At the SVR we have the pleasure of Sir Keith Park at present, possibly loudest releaser of steam ever! Deafening!

There's also 3 Class 50's, I think, which make a fantastic sound.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3205365)   #115
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ah! So are you at Tyseley or SVR maybe?

Excellent!

I'm no expert on these wonderful machines but both my father and my son are pretty keen.

At the SVR we have the pleasure of Sir Keith Park at present, possibly loudest releaser of steam ever! Deafening!

There's also 3 Class 50's, I think, which make a fantastic sound.
Nah work at Carnforth mate, Lots of Class 47s here which sound great on full whack with the turbo screaming away, quite loud when inside the engine room, I just like loud things I guess
Old 16 Feb 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3205760)   #116
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Nah work at Carnforth mate, Lots of Class 47s here which sound great on full whack with the turbo screaming away, quite loud when inside the engine room, I just like loud things I guess
Excellent!
Old 16 Feb 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3205880)   #117
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Blimey I remember the first of the old Class 47s appearing to replace steam just when I was leaving school, that would make them over 50 years old.
Are any of the originals still running ?
Old 16 Feb 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3205947)   #118
HornetV8
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Blimey I remember the first of the old Class 47s appearing to replace steam just when I was leaving school, that would make them over 50 years old.
Are any of the originals still running ?
Quite a few, built in 1962 till 64/65 and they are still going, not sure which the oldest one in our fleet is without looking, very good locos to maintain and still able to pull 12 coaches and another engine at 95mph, says a lot for British engineering 50 years ago (with a Swiss engine to power all the electrical stuff)

The oldest locos we operate on the mainline are the former southern based Class 33s built in the 1950s and still going strong
Old 16 Feb 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3205990)   #119
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*swoon*
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3320561)   #120
kapparomeo
Rookie

kapparomeo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone. I have to say that I'm not very familiar with motorsport or racing games, but with the encouragement of some tread-headed friends I'm starting to get into it. I hope that I can learn a lot here.
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3320632)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome!
Old 24 Jan 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3358098)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hi my name's Stephen, I'm 23 years old and I've watching racing since before I can remember. My earliest memory was in 1994, watching F1 and BTCC. Since then I've hardly missed either and watch pretty much every motorsport. Only now I have started posting, only because there are a few things I am anxious to know. I only originally signed into this forum to make it easier to find things. Yesterday I started my first thread in Motorsport History, but have no responses so far. I hope I can contribute more in the future.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3358151)   #123
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Welcome !
Old 24 Jan 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3358212)   #124
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Welcome indeed Stephen - good to have you on board!
Old 3 Feb 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3363796)   #125
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
I'm Phillip, I'm 16 and to be fair I think Motorsport was engraved in my brain from a very early age. I have grown up living on the doorstep of Mallory Park and it has become my second home since I was born. It has fueled an addiction at an early age that was so powerful my parents had to stop me going outside as a child as the distant noise would cause me to nag them for the rest of the day about the racing.

I'm mainly a fan of the club racing as it was what I grew up with, especially the Mini Miglia's, Legends and anything the 750MC produces. I've never been to any big events in the UK as I never really thought that paying stupid money for 60 laps of racing, 11 overtakes and the most expensive cars in racing was ever as good as 12 laps of craziness from 30 Mazda MX5's.

Although I did enjoy F1, weirdly at the Schumacher era (the time where no liked it ), I think it has become too artificial in recent years and I think they need to take it back to basics and leave it for a bit, instead of constantly fiddling with it to stop the Red Bull dominance. BTCC is the only sport I've watched religiously throughout my life as most racing as been stolen from anyone who hasn't got Sky. Over the past five years or so I've been filming the best and worst of British Club sport (although on a very restricted budget) and it's been the most interesting my life has ever been. I've met some fantastic people and caught some mental races and huge crashes on camera, which I intend to sell on to anyone who's interested, I'm piecing together what I hope will be a more up to date equivalent of the Havoc series.

On the subject of Havoc I think I've got a collection of VHS's/DVD's from various charity shops which sadly seem to be the only supply I can find. I've got several, 'Best of Havoc' VHS/DVDs so god knows how many they made, Crash & Crunch, All American Crashes, Crash Crazy, BPR World Championship 96, Murray's Motorsport Spectacular and a few Radio Le Mans VHS's from the 80's. It's a mismatched collection to say the least.

Hopefully I can find a role to fulfill on this forum. I don't see a Mallory Park correspondent yet so perhaps I could have a go at that. I'll try to keep my posts as short and to the point as possible as I have a tendency to go on a bit as I've never been good at summing things up quickly. Hopefully the whole filming business will go well and allow me to try and get more racing on TV for people who don't want to pay stupid money watch Motors TV. I'm also looking into building a rallycross car very soon and I may need advise with that little project.

Last edited by Pescara Productions; 3 Feb 2014 at 20:47.