Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2284113)   #51
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
In what sense?
Because it's got nothing to do with a car component failure, clearly.

Quote:
"wasn't seen" is not much of an excuse considering it was clearly shown live on the tv feed. If they failed to see it, they should be more penalised than Pantano. And Pantano was not stopped when others overtook him. Granted he was going desperately slowly but tell me which rule allowed Parente to make a decision that he should go by. If Pantano had pulled over or stopped or indicated to other to pass, then ok.
Pantano's engine was stopped, which was abundently clear to all of the drivers around him, so it was obvious that the other drivers were entitle to go past unless you thought everyone else should stop because the driver in front of them had.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2284147)   #52
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except he hadn't, he was still rolling.

And no I fail to see what car component failure has to do with my argument. They are both 10 places penalties regardless of the cause.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2284374)   #53
tweak
Rookie

tweak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Except he hadn't, he was still rolling.

And no I fail to see what car component failure has to do with my argument. They are both 10 places penalties regardless of the cause.
Pantano was too busy on the radio complaining about Senna not doing his drive through, let the engine revs drop as he lost concentration, then the engine went to 'safe' mode as the temps dropped, which limits you to around 4500 RPM untill temps come up again. This is why he was going slowly, but still going, and the cars that passed him should be penalised as the 4 cars that passed Sperifico in the Brazil 2001 F3000 race were, when he slowed down dramaticaly like he had a problem, them resumed after 4 cars had passed. Later on all 4 got a drive through, and Justin Wilson won the race, consistancy !
Old 8 Sep 2008, 09:58 (Ref:2284498)   #54
ManAlive
Rookie

ManAlive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just two comments!!

1/ Chandock was penalised in the same way that Senna has been in Spa, when he was released into the path of a car in Valencia! Consistant even to the point that it was the same lollipop man!!

2/ Second point rules are rules regardless of what the outcome in the result of a penalisation. If you get a 10 spot grid penalty or a 25 second addition, regardless of where you finished the race or which position you were in during the race.

F1 is not GP2 and people who dont clearly and accurately understand and see what happens in the GP2 series should realise this.
Yes it was a very harsh call by the stewarts on Pantano but its not the FIA its the belgium stewards at Spa its the spanish Stewards at Valencia and its the Italian Stewards at Italy, the FIA dont make the call!! They police the rules and the local sheriffs as it were do the arresting!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2284668)   #55
Jackman
Veteran

Actually, the FIA appoint the stewards from their member clubs: it's got nothing to do with the local circuit.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2284673)   #56
Jackman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak
Pantano was too busy on the radio complaining about Senna not doing his drive through, let the engine revs drop as he lost concentration, then the engine went to 'safe' mode as the temps dropped, which limits you to around 4500 RPM untill temps come up again. This is why he was going slowly, but still going, and the cars that passed him should be penalised as the 4 cars that passed Sperifico in the Brazil 2001 F3000 race were, when he slowed down dramaticaly like he had a problem, them resumed after 4 cars had passed. Later on all 4 got a drive through, and Justin Wilson won the race, consistancy !
Item 40.8 of the 2008 Sporting Regulations:

"40.8 All competing cars must then form up in line behind the safety car no more than ten car lengths apart and overtaking, with the following exceptions, is forbidden until the cars reach the Line after the safety car has returned to the pits. Overtaking will be permitted under the following circumstances :

- if any car slows with an obvious problem."

Does that answer your question?
Old 8 Sep 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2284819)   #57
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Case closed, thanks Jackman
Old 10 Sep 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2286523)   #58
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am a but late to this party but I thought I may aswell give my thoughts.

I thought that they we two cracking races, reminded me of the good old days of GP2. Sadly the officials intruded with a series of uncalled for penalties, I thought that Senna shouldn't of been penalised because they didn't take into account the wet pit lane, if it had been dry I wouldn't have been so bothered. The disqualification and 1 race ban for Pantano was bizarre, I could only think it was because they were trying to make it up to Senna.

Two great drives from Maldonado, he showed how fast he can be (fastest in the field?) when he not throwing the car off the road or into somebody else. Mentions for two guy's I rate, Parente and D'Ambrosio, who both had a good showing, hopefully they'll both be regular front runners in their second year. My final well done goes to Di Grassi, even though he had an a dismal qualifying and first race, in the second he went from 20th to 6th!

Other things of note from the weekend were Flippi's career going further down the drain, and in race two, Zuber starting 26th out of 25 entries.

Tags
gp2