Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Aug 2008, 09:53 (Ref:2265011)   #76
ManAlive
Rookie

ManAlive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its all to do with a good base car a talented driver and the team operating in a professional manner, and sensible engineering principles as well as a certain driver psychology, and thats it. All this slagging is pathetic and for GP2 team members to be talking in such a manner shows very little professionalism, shame!!!
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2289960)   #77
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
F3 Rocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the GP2 season has ended I would be interested to know Runshaw & Bradrive's (as staunch supporters) views on Fillipi's future, does he have one in your oppinion? and in what formula? do you still think he is still good enough for F1? or do you think he should change direction and try sports cars or touring cars.? Or maybe USA??

This is a genuine enquiry not ment to offend.

If I where him I would try USA.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2290276)   #78
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not a staunch supporter. I just wouldn't describe him as an average driver considering his 2007 season, where he beat everyone in the field at one time or another on a very strong GP2 grid.

I was always expecting his form to turn around this year, but obviously that never happened. Last year he finished 2nd in the feature race at Spa, and had two strong 2nd place finishes at Monza. But his performance at those two tracks in the past week is beyond me. He qualified well yesterday in 4th, but his races were terrible. Based on these performance, I don't see Honda signing him for another year.

I think he should have one more crack at GP2, then go to the IRL, where i'm sure he would be in the top 10. Conway recently tested an IRL car for the first time and blew everyone away, i'm sure Filippi would adapt too.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 10:54 (Ref:2290757)   #79
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
I think he should have one more crack at GP2, then go to the IRL, where i'm sure he would be in the top 10. Conway recently tested an IRL car for the first time and blew everyone away, i'm sure Filippi would adapt too.[/quote]

I suppose it all comes down to his backers, if they have the budget for another year of GP2 where do they put him? What would another season like this one do for him, and if he did improve to top 6 maybe would that progress him to F1, I think he has missed his chance with F1, that leaves IRL I agree with you I think with new direction he could crack it. But there are a lot of Europeans looking for seats in the USA.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2290770)   #80
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think i have read on this forum that Fillipi will more than likely go back to Super-Nova next season...
Old 15 Sep 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2290919)   #81
F3 Rocks
Racer

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by META4
I think i have read on this forum that Fillipi will more than likely go back to Super-Nova next season...
He should have stayed with them this season and in GP2 Asia, it could be a total waste of time and money, read Ron Dennis's dissmisive views of this years GP2 on crash net.

After Vettels (from WSR) fantastic win at Monza and Giedo van der Garde's season in World Series (bound for F1) maybe its time to look again at WSR for the next crop of F1 drivers.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2291584)   #82
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
AFAIAC, Luca has shot his bolt in GP2 now. Sure if he's got funding he will be attractive to most team owners but based on what he did this year, it seems to me that has he been 'found out.'

Then again, perhaps Grosjean will have a 'shocker' next season and we can start this debate all over again from scratch!!

Also I think WSR had been just as useful a place to look for F1 talent as GP2 over last few years. If there are a standout driver or two, they will be noticeable whatever category they are in.

Just so happens that most guys see GP2 as a step further than Renault on the ladder and that has become the norm so to speak.

Tags
gp2