Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 Dec 2001, 00:07 (Ref:181464)   #1
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBR Champion Audi R8

Here is the latest project. It's the Champion Audi from leMans 2001. It is a BBR kit, my favorites.

As you can see, the kit was so nice that i forgot to take any pictures until i had it half built. the big danger in a BBR kit is that you open it to look at it and the next thing you know, it is finished. They are such a joy to build. It is coming out so nice, with so few problems, that i will probably do the Gulf car as well.

The IXO Audis (superb diecasts) are supposed to be out next week, but the BBR kit is so beautiful that I wanted to build it just for the joy of it.
Attached Thumbnails
championaudi02.jpg  
Old 3 Dec 2001, 02:37 (Ref:181492)   #2
Dr. Austin
Veteran

OK, now the resin tailights are in. The nose splitter is on and the headrest is in place.

Normally, the headrest would be a matt color, but I accidently bent the soft metal and had trouble getting it fit perfectly. It is close enough that a coat of clear will smooth the problem out, so I installed it now. It will be real shiney, but if it is too much I can always brush on a coat of dull lacquer and that will fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
twoaudis.jpg  
Old 3 Dec 2001, 18:59 (Ref:181783)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those look very smart indeed, Doc. I'll look forward to a picture of the Johansson (Gulf) Audi when you do that one - there's just something special about those colours!

I'm sure I've said this before (or someone else has) - do you have bottom-less pockets?
Old 3 Dec 2001, 19:18 (Ref:181788)   #4
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aysedasi

Those look very smart indeed, Doc. I'll look forward to a picture of the Johansson (Gulf) Audi when you do that one - there's just something special about those colours!"

IXO models (formerly the vitesse group than encompassed Onxy, Quartzo, trofeu,, skid) has just released both the Gulf and the Champion in superb 1/43 diecast. This is in the US, so they have already been released in europe.

"I'm sure I've said this before (or someone else has) - do you have bottom-less pockets?"

Well, no. I sell buy, sell, trade and build models for customers. I don't make a lot of money (I'm not greedy enough), but it helps defray the expenses some. Yes, I do spend waaaaay too much money on these things. But, I am surrounded by images of the things I love and they bring me peace. So, for me, it is worth it. It is still too much money, though. Ask my wife.
Old 26 Dec 2001, 05:42 (Ref:189646)   #5
Dr. Austin
Veteran

I wanted to post more images of the construction, but the BBR kis are so nice, you open the box, turn it upside down and the model pops out finished! Actually, it is not quite that easy, but they are such a joy and everything fits so well that I just forgot to take picturers. It was so pleasurable that I am actually sorry it is done!
Attached Thumbnails
finished.jpg  
Old 8 Jan 2002, 04:20 (Ref:195318)   #6
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very nice

Those are beautifull Dr., not only the cars but what they bring to you.

"I am surrounded by images of the things I love and they bring me peace. So, for me, it is worth it."

Do you have a room totaly dedicated to them? like a viewing room?
I'm sure it's a sight worth seeing.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 02:58 (Ref:195855)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i know what you mean there doc......i collect the 1/18 f1 cars (don't think i'm talented enough to build anything myself.....although i'm contemplating building a remote control car!!??...u gotta start somewhere!!)

but going back to what i was saying,i collect the f1's which are expensive but they bring so much joy so they're worth it, my pride and joy is my signed jpm car that sits on my computer desk...never been out of it's box.