Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2002, 14:15 (Ref:363685)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion Audi

It seems that Champion Audi will not be getting a second car to run in the last rounds of the ALMS. Dave Maraj is now hoping to buy a 2002 car for next year, and buy update parts for his 2001 spec R8.

Johnny Herbert and Stefan Johansson are the names in the frame for next year.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 05:23 (Ref:364178)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And what about the 2003 LM race ? Any projects coming from Dave Maraj ? Some privateer Audis, mmmm ?
Old 23 Aug 2002, 08:16 (Ref:364217)   #3
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
No mention of LM 2003 as of yet. But either Audi are not releasing the spare R8's at the moment or they have all been sold, and Dave is having to wait for one of Joest's 2002 cars for next year.
Old 23 Aug 2002, 11:34 (Ref:364357)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Egor, keep on the good informative job !

At the end, we could have a bunch of private Audis :
- Prost bought some
- Dave Maraj could have some too
- Goh could try once again (not bad this year)

Hey pals, a someone to push the "Gulf" Audi again ? I loved this one...
Old 23 Aug 2002, 12:33 (Ref:364404)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lots and lots of Audis then Fab?

How lovely.

Old 23 Aug 2002, 12:43 (Ref:364413)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Salut, Fab.

Has it been confirmed that Prost brought "some" Audi? I have not seen anything in the press.

A friend of mine (who, ironically, works for BMW...) talked to Audi USA anout a month ago on this subject and they denied it.

P.S.: Have you ever been to Le May?
Old 23 Aug 2002, 12:43 (Ref:364414)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, take the Audis out of Reinhold's hands, put Bentleys in, and the two should gravitate to about the same level of competition, wouldn't you think?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Aug 2002, 13:46 (Ref:364480)   #8
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
c'mon ayse...they may not be the gt-one, but they're not that bad!
Old 23 Aug 2002, 14:12 (Ref:364491)   #9
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody know the reasons Why Champion will not be getting a second car to run in the last rounds of the ALMS??
Old 26 Aug 2002, 05:50 (Ref:365838)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Lots and lots of Audis then Fab? How lovely.
back in town, huh ?

Well, if they are privateers, with different painting, and fighting for a place, that's Ok for me... especially if there's a real opposition (and there will !). Only the work Audi Team was boring last years, because too good to be match... but remember the privateers in 2001 and 2002... in the bunch, not much !

What if there's too fiew opposition for Bentley next year ?

Old 26 Aug 2002, 05:52 (Ref:365839)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
Salut, Fab.

Has it been confirmed that Prost brought "some" Audi? I have not seen anything in the press.

A friend of mine (who, ironically, works for BMW...) talked to Audi USA anout a month ago on this subject and they denied it.
Gossips, rumours... nothing more...

Quote:
P.S.: Have you ever been to Le May?
Le May ? Do you mean April Fish, as we say in France ?
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:08 (Ref:366026)   #12
PhilD
Rookie

PhilD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion

Rumour has it that Champion are saving up to get a 2002 spec Audi over the winter and also to upgrade
existing car to new spec.
Canada Phil
Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:24 (Ref:366045)   #13
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Le May ? Do you mean April Fish, as we say in France ?
Mais non... There is small village called Le May - less than 5,000 inhabitants, close to Nantes - that I visited in 1996.

And since you are from Nantes... I wondered if you know it! (that was my only time in Nantes).

Saluts,
Old 27 Aug 2002, 04:53 (Ref:366385)   #14
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Lots and lots of Audis then Fab?

How lovely.

yes, it is a lovely thought you enjoyed the 956/962s undoubtly, now audis to some extend, providing qualitly cars to privateers like porsche did back then.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 05:59 (Ref:366393)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Mais non... There is small village called Le May - less than 5,000 inhabitants, close to Nantes - that I visited in 1996.

And since you are from Nantes... I wondered if you know it! (that was my only time in Nantes).

Saluts,
Dear Muzza, I'm really impressed that you can improve my knowing of my own surroundings ... because I've never heard about Le May before !

Le May is not a "town" or "village" (in the postal term, I mean)... impossible to find in my county (département de la Loire Atlantique)... could you name the closest "commune" ?

I wish to know Eau Claire (very french indeed !) or Wisconsin, but unfortunately I'm not...

For honorable correspondants here : sorry for this conversation, that has nothing to do with sportscars ! again

Last edited by Fab; 27 Aug 2002 at 06:01.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 06:07 (Ref:366396)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
now audis to some extend, providing qualitly cars to privateers like porsche did back then.
That's the point : having fast and reliable cars for the privateers... and is the paintings are really different from car to car, it's pleasant to follow the battle...

And don't forget : need to match the Bentleys next year, they will be the team to beat !
Old 27 Aug 2002, 08:14 (Ref:366430)   #17
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Quote:
That's the point : having fast and reliable cars for the privateers... and is the paintings are really different from car to car, it's pleasant to follow the battle...
I agree Fab, just like the 956/962 days of racing, good cars in different teams so each team will have a slightly different set up and different ways of running the car during the race (tatics and the like).

If all these Audi's make it into private hands LM 2003 will be yet another Brilliant race.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 11:04 (Ref:366499)   #18
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I know where Ayse's coming from re the R8's(correct me if I'm wrong Ays). There can be no doubt the damn things go like the clappers, but also no doubt they're boring to watch; going round the corners with no drama and an unexciting exhaust note. Great fot the car owners I know, but a tad tedious for the spectator. Maybe they'd get a bit more ragged round the edges with some more competition, I'd just like to see it come from another manufacturer.
H
Old 27 Aug 2002, 12:21 (Ref:366559)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by bigh
no doubt they're boring to watch
BigH, for me the "work" Audis are boring to watch (not always, but often)... and the Goh Audi was very unexciting (too "tasteless" ?) this year...

But how nice and impressive to see were the two privateers in 2001, the Gulf and the Dave Maraj ones...

Agree with you for the sound, a little bit too "flat"...

Well, the boring part is the fact that the three cars were running as it was "easy"... remember the emotion in May when the Dallara made it, with the second best lap time... Audi was, well, kind of "shaking", no ?
Old 27 Aug 2002, 12:45 (Ref:366575)   #20
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they do sound a little dull...maybe we should take the baffles out like we used to do on our fizzees.

this should confuse fab no end!
Old 27 Aug 2002, 13:51 (Ref:366616)   #21
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Or give one to the white Corsa/Nova brigade, they'll put a loud axhaust on, and a crapy load stereo!!!!!!!!!!!

You now the type when you hear the car rattling down the road then five minutes later it appears, the base is so heavy it's trying to fall apart!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Aug 2002, 15:03 (Ref:366669)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Kdr and Egor, what do you think of fur around the wheel ?
Old 27 Aug 2002, 15:43 (Ref:366705)   #23
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
and don't forget the furry dice!
Old 27 Aug 2002, 16:02 (Ref:366717)   #24
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The odd thing is that the 'factory' cars have had a total of 8 entries in the last three years and have finished 1,2,3 - 1,2 and 1,2,3 whilst the privateers have had 3 entries (2 in 2001 and the team Goh car this year) and have only had one finish.

Reinhold Joest is very, very lucky and very, very, very good at what he does!
Old 27 Aug 2002, 16:13 (Ref:366731)   #25
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, let's do it properly: Bucket seat cover in a leopard skin print, 'Kevin4Tracy' on the drivers visor, Playboy air freshener hanging from the starting button, a pair of knickers on the radio antenna and a selection of flavored condoms on the floor. Ah yes, driving for a manufacturer has it's advantages....