Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you rate as the driver of the final Grand Prix of 2017?
Valtteri Bottas 19 50.00%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 3 7.89%
Kimi Räikkönen 0 0%
Max Verstappen 1 2.63%
Nico Hulkenberg 6 15.79%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Felipe Massa 2 5.26%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.89%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 1 2.63%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 2 5.26%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3783171)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017

Who do you rate as the driver of the final Grand Prix of 2017?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3783198)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas - superb all weekend. Great show by Hulkenberg - did what he needed to do.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3783223)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bottas as no one else impressed at all
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3783232)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Force India.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3783245)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Goes to Bottas. At least Hamilton kept him honest.

Interesting though if roles were reversed and bottas applied 50 laps of pressure on Hamilton that people would probably choose bottas over Hamilton too...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3783246)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Ohhh honourable mention to Hulk too....like he said, did his job and 6th was a great result for renault
Old 26 Nov 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3783248)   #7
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas, clearly. A great – and timely – end to the season for him. A lovely man, a worthy winner, and...zzzzzzzz. Oops, where was I?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3783263)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Massa. Just because I can.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3783274)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
VB...with the win, he helped reshaped the off season debate about his place within the team!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3783290)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has to be Mr Nice Guy: pole, win and fastest lap. I really rated him when he first came into F1, then felt disillusioned as he didn't seem to be cutting it, so now nice to see him rounding off the season like this.

Did Hamilton give him an easy time? No! They wouldn't have finished 20 seconds ahead of Vettel if they were going slowly.

Would Hamilton have passed him if the circumstances were different? If the track wasn't so difficult to pass, or the Mercedes was better at following closely, perhaps. But they were on this track, in this car, and Valtteri Bottas won.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3783298)   #11
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
What the??? Verstappen has no votes??!!!

I'll be fixing that asap!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3783299)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3783344)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Bottas ....
Old 27 Nov 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3783422)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas. Untouchable.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3783425)   #15
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo. Easy decision.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3783429)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Bottas.

Kudos to Sainz for not smashing into the wall in the pit exit tunnel when Renault failed to bolt his wheel on properly.

Nobody else really did much did they? Grosjean made a good pass on Stroll, Alonso put a move on Massa but that's about it. Hulkenburg may have got he 6th place but the penalty he got for passing Perez off track was a joke so he really shouldn't have finished 6th.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3783441)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Hulk. Bit naughty cutting the corner, but did exactly what Renault wanted by helping them to 6th in the title
Old 27 Nov 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3783537)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My cursor is on Kimi......my cursor is still on Kimi......I need time to debate it in my head. Maybe I will wait until 2018.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3783543)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Grosjean made a good pass on Stroll,
But overall I thought Stroll was pretty p poor. With Daddy's sponsorship, I imagine he's unsackable, but I don't see much evidence that he's real F1 material. Rob Smedley had to go all around the houses to find much good to say about him.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3783691)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RoBottas.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3784136)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The man whose name in Spanish means 'Boots'.

The boot was definitely on the other foot at Mercedes this weekend.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3784176)   #22
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
But overall I thought Stroll was pretty p poor. With Daddy's sponsorship, I imagine he's unsackable, but I don't see much evidence that he's real F1 material. Rob Smedley had to go all around the houses to find much good to say about him.
Agreed.

Massa out qualified Stroll 17 - 2.

Average qualifying position:

Massa 10.68
Stroll 14.9

Result: Fire Massa.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3785524)   #23
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Williams way!
Old 15 Jan 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3792887)   #24
ILikeCars
Rookie

ILikeCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I thought that Hartley really excelled on the tight corners, he must have lubed up his axles nicely.