Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1270168)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The first race info: Brands 25 Sept

There have been a few questions in other threads about the first race. The when, where, how much type questions. perhaps we could gather it all together.

Venue: Brands Hatch, Kent, England.
Click here for a map

Date: 23/24/25 Spetember 2005
Click here for the 10 Tenths calendar.

Races:
A1 Grand Prix Championship
FIA Thoroughbred Grand Prix Championship
International GT's
MSV Formula Ford Championship
Formula Palmer Audi Championship

There is no timetable yet.

Cost (online booking):
Friday: £10
Saturday: £15
Sunday: £29
Weekend ticket (online): £39

Click here for further ticket information on the MSV (Brands Hatch) website.

Last edited by Adam43; 4 Apr 2005 at 19:31.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1270181)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good idea Adam - but the race will be on Sep 25 rather than Sep 23
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1270182)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What are you talking about
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1270238)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
29 quid?!! hahaha they are having a chuckle, surely?!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1270248)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is expensive, for a new series. Although it should be good and the TGP and GTs will be good.
For a comparison: A week later the BTCC final is £19 for raceday only as is the British superbike a fortnight after A1, the World Superbikes are £34 raceday, but the historic sportscars are only a tenner.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1270250)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's a shame as I was looking forward to going along to see the new series. But not £29 worth of looking forward!!!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 08:08 (Ref:1270594)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
29 quid?!! hahaha they are having a chuckle, surely?!
Sounds reasonable for what looks like becoming the second biggest race series in the world? Compare F1 prices not tintops.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1270627)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Sounds reasonable for what looks like becoming the second biggest race series in the world? Compare F1 prices not tintops.
Surely until it actually is the second biggest race series in the world it should keep the prices reasonable? F1 gets away with high prices as it's built up its reputation over a number of years, A1GP is a startup series - surely it needs to encourage specatators to come along?

I'm not sure what to watch that weekend - there's a clash between A1GP and Rallycross, the price could be a deciding factor.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1270628)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would you pay £29 to see a band who had never played before in their lives?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1270661)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Would you pay £29 to see a band who had never played before in their lives?

TGP, FPA, GT, and the highly-rated FF1600 are all proven performers - and you get to be at the historic inaugural meeting of a new series as a bonus
Old 5 Apr 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1270705)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The BTCC has proven support series too but is a tenner cheaper for race day......
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1270727)   #12
lucypumablue
Rookie

England
(Not-so) Sunny Sussex
lucypumablue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
29 for the sunday might be a bit steep (although I'd still pay it!) but 39 for the weekend - that's got a be a bargain!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:16 (Ref:1270731)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Welcome to 10 Tenths I hope you enjoy posting here and you enjoy this new series.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1270745)   #14
lucypumablue
Rookie

England
(Not-so) Sunny Sussex
Definately will do - am planning to be marshalling it too!
Reckon it has all hallmarks of a great series - with an organiser who has the vision to see it suceed - here's hoping anyway!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1270764)   #15
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm getting excited and looking forward to this new series. However, I fail to share the vision of justifying ticket price of £39 for a race weekend though, this is quite a lot compared to other popular series.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1270772)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its to be expected really. Given the way the teams are run, then presumably all the funding for the UK car has got to come from within this country, and I guess perhaps some of the gate money will go towards it.
Plus MSV probably needs all the money it can get, and recognising this as an event which will attract a lot of people have bumped the price up to get as much from it as they can.

It looks to be a good weekend though. Not sure Formula Palmer Audi does anything for me, but the GT's and TGP do, so even if the A1GP race turns out to be a bit dull, everyone would have got to see something they found exciting

The price isn't going to deter me from going...
Old 5 Apr 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1270783)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck to it, the price certainly seems reasonable at £39.00 for a weekend ticket, but I'll be at spa for the six hours (and thats free for spectators).
Old 5 Apr 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1270896)   #18
lucypumablue
Rookie

England
(Not-so) Sunny Sussex
Ok - one more try!!
Following on from Ians analogy earlier,
Would you pay 39 for a weekend music festival where you knew the support acts were great, the venue was great, you hadn't heard the headliners but knew that they were the same genre as other stuff you liked??
I may be looking at it from a slightly different perspective though - for a single ticket its fine, but as with all these things for a family I guess it really starts to mount up.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1270913)   #19
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im really looking forward to it, amazing package of support races each could be the main event, if you follow me, will entry for this event be included with the msv season pass?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1270915)   #20
lucypumablue
Rookie

England
(Not-so) Sunny Sussex
Wouldn't have thought so - JP must need to recoup some of the money he's spent on the circuit improvements over the winter -or maybe I'm just a cynic??
Maybe some discount???
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1270963)   #21
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well same here, it wouldn't deter me from going either because I know this is going to be something special for the series' debut race, not to mention the strong support races to go with it. So has the proper GP layout at Brands been given the required licence/grading to host international races? I believe last time this layout was used for the Global GT Endurance series back in 1996...
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1270967)   #22
Ian Sowman
Veteran

That might be the last time it was used for an International event - I'm not sure. But it was used for a club event last weekend.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1270968)   #23
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Well same here, it wouldn't deter me from going either because I know this is going to be something special for the series' debut race, not to mention the strong support races to go with it. So has the proper GP layout at Brands been given the required licence/grading to host international races? I believe last time this layout was used for the Global GT Endurance series back in 1996...
I understand this is in hand,and they WILL be using the GP circuit.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1270969)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I should point out that I'll be racing at Spa. If I were to be around and spectating I think I'd make it to Brands though.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1270979)   #25
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's amazing value. £39 for a full weekends entertainment makes it affordable for the whole family.This is the nearest thing to the British GP at a fraction of the price.

Price Comparison - £98 A1GP Weekend for my whole family - Lie in and Grandstand
seats
- £95 F1 Sunday for just me - sleeping bag,queing at 4 in the morning
and rushing for the best spots before having to stay there all
day!