Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Nov 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3474450)   #51
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new lightweights should fit in nicely
Old 14 Nov 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3474481)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Seriously? THere'll be nothing for me to race the Cortina with, I'll definitely MOT it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
First flagged by Colin, Jaguar have announced a new series for pre66 Jaguars including Mk1 and 2's! 5 rounds - dates to be announced...
Old 14 Nov 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3474657)   #53
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like I gotta drive from Sweden to Monza back to back in June.Hmmmm
Old 14 Nov 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3474659)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Looks like I gotta drive from Sweden to Monza back to back in June.Hmmmm
Lurani?
Old 15 Nov 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3474809)   #55
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is "lurani"?

Sounds like a cheap Italian suit
Old 15 Nov 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3474926)   #56
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
What is "lurani"?

Sounds like a cheap Italian suit
Tsk tsk, Mr Rowley will not be impressed! "Lurani Trophy" is the title of the FIA Formula Junior Championship. (Italian) Count 'Johnny' Lurani was the founder of the 'baby Grand Prix cars' Juniors that replaced 500cc motorcycle engined cars in the late 1950s.....

Old 15 Nov 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3474980)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was also a quite handy racer in his own right.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3475008)   #58
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Terry - One of the events I'm interested in is the "Spa Race Festival", usually held in July. Does your magazine give any idea as to when that might be?
Anyone got any more info on this?
Old 15 Nov 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3475018)   #59
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... nothing from our Germanophile friend I'm afraid.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3475124)   #60
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Iain, you need to learn to fly.

Then Compte can lend you his Helicopter!
Old 16 Nov 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3475343)   #61
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Tsk tsk, Mr Rowley will not be impressed! "Lurani Trophy" is the title of the FIA Formula Junior Championship. (Italian) Count 'Johnny' Lurani was the founder of the 'baby Grand Prix cars' Juniors that replaced 500cc motorcycle engined cars in the late 1950s.....

Thanks Mike. I feel educated! Still sounds like an fledgling Italian designer though but I will let him off that given what he' done
Old 18 Nov 2014, 04:44 (Ref:3476047)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
... nothing from our Germanophile friend I'm afraid.
You make it sound as if I'm scared of being here Alan.
I (hopefully ) will be seeing someone who will be able to shead more light a little later this week.es, tu, mihr ,leids
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3481091)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Now confirmed by Peter Auto, their dates for mainland Europe in 2015.

Categories (simplified) are-

Classic Endurance Racing (Sports racers, Le Mans cars)
Heritage Touring Cup (Gp2, GpA Touring Cars)
Sixties' Endurance (Pre 66 GTs)
Trofeu Nastro Rosso (Italian cars only)

Race Meeting. March 28/29 Vallelunga Classic- all categories

Tour. April 20-25 Tour Auto Optic 2000

Race Meeting. May 22-24 Spa Classic- all categories

Race Meeting. June 5-7 Dijon L'Age d'Or- all categories

Race Meeting. July 10-12 Monza Historic- all categories

Concours. Sept 5/6 Richard Mille Chantilly Arts and Elegance

Race Meeting. Oct 2-4 Dix Mille Tours du Castellet- all categories

Race Meeting- Oct 23-25 Algarve Classic Festival- CER only

The last date presumably rubber stamps the Portimao event, which will also be supported from UK by at least GTSCC and Motor Racing Legends.

Vallelunga at the end of March replaces the rumoured Mugello event. Weekend after Goodwood Members Meeting, and 1200 mile drive......

The Monza meeting is a new to me, with the revived (rumoured) Coppa Intereuropa Classica taking place June 19-21.

No news of whether HMRN's U2TC and Pre '63 will be joining PA for any of the above meetings.

Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3481096)   #64
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
anyone got anymore information on the Jaguar Heritage Challenge? If its 5 rounds organized by HSCC that woudl presumably be
Thruxton
Donington festival
Silverstone May
Snet and Brands GP
or do we think it will be stand alone from their own meetings?
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3481098)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
PROVISIONAL dates for the FIA Lurani Trophy Formula Junior races are-

April 10-12 Hockenheim Jim Clark Memorial

May 23/24 Pau Historique

June 20/21 Monza Coppa Intereuropa Classica

August 7-9 Nurburgring OldTimer

October 2-4 Dijon Motors Cup

October 23-25 Algarve Classic Festival

Old 2 Dec 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3481113)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am still not getting excited about any dates untill January, one date that is confirmed is "Stoke Row and Nuffield Motor Sport Day". July 4th and 5th. Yes that date would appear to clash with another event going on that weekend.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3481152)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
anyone got anymore information on the Jaguar Heritage Challenge? If its 5 rounds organized by HSCC that woudl presumably be
Thruxton
Donington festival
Silverstone May
Snet and Brands GP
or do we think it will be stand alone from their own meetings?
Simon, I only know what have read about the JHC, but appears 1 round will be other side of channel. Guess HSCC will use time at their own (big) meetings, so my prediction- Silverstone International Meeting, Autosport 3hr at Snett, Brands Superprix and Gold Cup? Other one at Spa or Dijon?

Having gone to print with that prediction, watch for me being completely wrong.....
Old 2 Dec 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3481253)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Classic Touring Car Racing Club 2015 Calendar

Silverstone 28/29th March

Castle Combe 4th May

Mallory Park 23/24th May

Donington 6/7th June

Brands Hatch 25/26th July

Pembrey 15/16th August

Snetterton 19/20th September

Thruxton 3/4th October
Old 2 Dec 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3481263)   #69
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Guess HSCC will use time at their own (big) meetings, so my prediction- Silverstone International Meeting, Autosport 3hr at Snett, Brands Superprix and Gold Cup? Other one at Spa or Dijon? Having gone to print with that prediction, watch for me being completely wrong.....
I fear you could be wrong, Mike as the likely entrants to this series have begged to be allowed to race at the Donington race on 30th May plus Cadwell, Croft and the Brands Indy event. Not sure which other will make the fifth race - possibly Snetterton, is my view.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3481273)   #70
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re Jag series, the smart money is on Donington Festival, Silverstone International, Brands Superprix and Gold Cup. Continental round will be Dijon, Spa or Nurburgring, the latter being the most probable. Don't forget that it's Jaguar money behind it and they'll want the best venues for hospitality as much as the racing.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3481353)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So wots wrong with Snett then? The A11 duel could even be open by June, and Tyrells do an excellent pasty and chips.....

Joking apart, You are probably right about Donington Festival, but it's not an HSCC event so Jag will be fighting for space with the likes of MRL, GTSCC, SuperTCC, UK FJ, maybe HGPCA and others... Having said that it is a 3 day meeting.

Nurburgring sounds logical, as Jaguar Germany usually have a presence in the paddock to counter Audi, BMW, Merc, Porsche etc!

Peter, why do I think your post is tongue in cheek.....
Old 3 Dec 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3481426)   #72
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar Germany were hugely enthusiastic about the E-type Challenge (or so I was told - never made it there for various reasons) with exceptional hospitality for teams so I think they must be front runners but in the end it will probably depend on where Jaguar want to direct their marketing effort the most. The XE will be fresh out of the box in the spring and I'll bet they'd love to give Audi, Merc & BMW corporate noses a tweak with a big display on home territory
Old 3 Dec 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3481429)   #73
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
And as for Deadpan Pete, I read your post late at night and nearly went for it......unfair of you to tease, I fell asleep dreaming of priceless C's & D's airborne on the mountain
Old 3 Dec 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3481443)   #74
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you dont think that the Jaguar Heritage Challenge would prefer a slot at the Classic rather than the HSCC May Silverstone meeting?

Either way I am delighted even though I am sure my Mk2 will be towards the back of the grid!!
Old 3 Dec 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3481453)   #75
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
I may have misheard (it was very noisy) and thought at the time that the Classic would be a better fit so you may well be right Simon.