Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Nov 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3592745)   #1
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
The Annual Competition Licence Debate, or Debacle. 2015/16

Been threatening to go to Le Mans Classic for years.....might have to try it this year........

Having received my Comp licence renewal papers today trying to decide whether to renew early or wait until near the first meeting......won't get a medical booked before we disappear to Tenerife, so it'll have to wait until the new year anyway.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3592750)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
If you don't need licence early in new year, wait. Then if you do 2017 application earlier than 2016, your medical will still be valid.....

Old 23 Nov 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3592754)   #3
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If you don't need licence early in new year, wait. Then if you do 2017 application earlier than 2016, your medical will still be valid.....

I'm following this exact process - trying to renew early to use the existing medical that they have on file.

Unfortunately there seem to be quite a few others trying to do the same at the moment as the MSA website is locking up when selecting the online renewal.

I'll try again in the morning......
Old 23 Nov 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3592763)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
I'm following this exact process - trying to renew early to use the existing medical that they have on file.

Unfortunately there seem to be quite a few others trying to do the same at the moment as the MSA website is locking up when selecting the online renewal.

I'll try again in the morning......
'Website crashes' due to unprecedented demand?

I used my medical and ECG bonuses this year, so am waiting until Jan to start the process again....
Old 23 Nov 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3592781)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just applied online, all seems accepted & licenced promised in the post within a fortnight. Had to tell porkies (like they tell you to) and say no to all the pre-existing medical conditions - if you've already declared it, it only confuses the 'puter if you tell it again, apparently. Fortunately it doesn't ask if you've ever been diagnosed as a pathological liar

Seems much too easy, what can possibly go wrong???

Watch this space!
Old 24 Nov 2015, 04:58 (Ref:3592891)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone from Licensing Dept reads your post??
Old 24 Nov 2015, 06:33 (Ref:3592912)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Just applied online, all seems accepted & licenced promised in the post within a fortnight.

Seems much too easy, what can possibly go wrong???
As Terence said- your card is now probably well and truly marked!
Old 24 Nov 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3593044)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Always confused about this - my medical for 2015 licence was only in July, so on your basis I can renew anytime before next July, but the forms say that medical has to be within 3 months?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, mind.....
Old 24 Nov 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3593051)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Always confused about this - my medical for 2015 licence was only in July, so on your basis I can renew anytime before next July, but the forms say that medical has to be within 3 months?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, mind.....
Think we discuss it every year, Richard- but with good reason, it IS confusing! Maybe renewing is different to taking out a licence for the first time, when it has to be done within 3 months of medical.....

Best just to accept it as an anomaly and be happy that it works. Up to this moment, anyway!
Old 24 Nov 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3593052)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's actually written on your licence application form now.

https://members.msauk.org/uploadedfi..._comp_form.pdf

I had mine yesterday even though I don't have a race licence this year. Alex, who has a licence, hasn't had his renewal form!

BTW if I only take out a kart licence I don't need a medical at all, even as an old fart.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3593071)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well spotted! I hadn't looked at the renewal form, still in envelope!

Old 25 Nov 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3593232)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As Terence said- your card is now probably well and truly marked!
For all you doubting Thomases (sp?):

"Good news! Your Competition Licence has been sent for printing today, and the printed Licence will be dispatched from our printers within the next 3 working days"

Under 48 hours and I haven't even opened the envelope that came in the post yet! Good old MSA is all I can say
Old 25 Nov 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3593241)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
For all you doubting Thomases (sp?):

"Good news! Your Competition Licence has been sent for printing today, and the printed Licence will be dispatched from our printers within the next 3 working days"

Under 48 hours and I haven't even opened the envelope that came in the post yet! Good old MSA is all I can say
On previous experience I have to agree. BTW you did want a restricted speed licence, didn't you?
Old 25 Nov 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3593246)   #14
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used my medical 'go free' pass this year so as I may need an 'International'( ) next year I'm waiting till Autosport or Race Retro to do my running machine thingy.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 25 Nov 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3593262)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I used my medical 'go free' pass this year so as I may need an 'International'( ) next year I'm waiting till Autosport or Race Retro to do my running machine thingy.
This we got to see Wayne
Old 25 Nov 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3593307)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Will tickets be available, or will the extra event be covered by the normal entry fee?

Old 25 Nov 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3593331)   #17
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looks like I will join the ranks of old farts next year…..This is my last year not needing a medical….I take it that I will only need a medical in my 45th year at next years renewal…I turn 45 in March 2016?

N.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3593403)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
looks like I will join the ranks of old farts next year…..This is my last year not needing a medical….I take it that I will only need a medical in my 45th year at next years renewal…I turn 45 in March 2016?

N.
Try renewing on-line, it will soon tell you if medical required. As I read the form, if you are not yet 45 years old, shouldn't need one. I would renew sooner rather than later though!

BTW there is an argument that says you are already in your 45th year, it started this March....
Old 26 Nov 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3593421)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm 44 1/3 and renewed on line in a matter of minutes.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 09:27 (Ref:3593426)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post

N.
Renew before March and then as late as possible for 2017s licence when you'll need a medical, that should take you to 2019 before you'll need another.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3593437)   #21
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheeky buggers

I'll have you know my get fit campaign has been going errr, well, maybe gone!! Havn't been out on my bike since August (I blame the good weather!) and have just spent the last few days doing minor plumbing jobs around the home whilst trying to get through a mountain of cupcakes given to me for my Birthday last Sunday.

I'd best get some practice and qually in ready for the main event early next year - yes tickets will be available at £15pp to include a free tea/coffee and biscuit An extra £5 will get you a VIP pass which includes 'close to the action' deckchair seating and a downloadable signed photo
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 26 Nov 2015, 19:21 (Ref:3593502)   #22
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Try renewing on-line, it will soon tell you if medical required. As I read the form, if you are not yet 45 years old, shouldn't need one. I would renew sooner rather than later though!

BTW there is an argument that says you are already in your 45th year, it started this March....
Renewed no problem…and don't write me off before my time..Not sure where this grey hair came from.. I still only feel 12
N.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3593503)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What happens if I don't bother next year, will I be able to renew in 2017 or 18 without doing the ARDS ********?
Old 26 Nov 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3593505)   #24
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
What happens if I don't bother next year, will I be able to renew in 2017 or 18 without doing the ARDS ********?
Aren't you allowed 2 years away before needing to re-do the ARDS?
N.
Old 26 Nov 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3593507)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Now that question was asked last year by Richard. Assume you have Nat A, in which case you have five years before retaking ARDS. (Licence notes, 8.2.3.)

Nat B is less, see 8.2.2