Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Oct 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2767664)   #1
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche to return?

Quote:
Porsche could make a shock return to Formula 1 racing, Porscheís new chairman, Matthias Mueller, told Autocar at the Paris motor show today.

When asked about Porscheís motorsport plans, Mueller told us that Porsche or Audi, but not both, could compete in LMP1 prototype sports car racing; with the other brand turning to Formula 1.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/253108/
Old 1 Oct 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2767671)   #2
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This could add some excitement, and with there long experience of turbocharging and the renound durability of their engines, this could make real sense.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2767690)   #3
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the future for Williams? They helped BMW with building their LMP project and later helped them getting involved with F1, altough Porsche is now part of VAG so they can use the Audi knowledge as well.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2767719)   #4
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap View Post
Is this the future for Williams? They helped BMW with building their LMP project and later helped them getting involved with F1, altough Porsche is now part of VAG so they can use the Audi knowledge as well.
VW are a sponsor of Red Bull(and Red Bull also sponsor the VW Dakar cars and the Audi DTM team) and Torro Rosso, so Mateschitz might sell Torro Rosso to Porsche.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2767726)   #5
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
VW are a sponsor of Red Bull(and Red Bull also sponsor the VW Dakar cars and the Audi DTM team) and Torro Rosso, so Mateschitz might sell Torro Rosso to Porsche.
Logistically not likely, with STR currently being sold with the Italian factory and the continuance of that team being based there a condition of sale according to Dieter Mateschitz.

I cant see Porsche being too keen on a team with an Italian base.

I could however see the likleyhood of Porsche returning as an engine supplier under the new regs.... and of course a Williams tie up, given their current (Porsche and Williams F1) joint ventures and technical collaborations with race/road car development.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2767749)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams also makes F2 cars with Audi engines.

However, VAG is linked with Red Bull in several championships (Dakar, DTM, SWRC), and that route could lead them to fight championships from te beginning.

It VAG enters F1, I believe that they will supply engines and not run a whole team.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2767699)   #7
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Audi F1, With Porsche support, (similar to Fiats support of ferrari), black livery with Lynx as the principle sponsor.

Thats my guess
Old 4 Oct 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2768870)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
Audi F1, With Porsche support, (similar to Fiats support of ferrari), black livery with Lynx as the principle sponsor.

Thats my guess
Lynx, as in the BOderant? Apart from the UK and Ireland it's known as AXE everywhere else. Or do you mean Lynx couriers?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 02:53 (Ref:2768880)   #9
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 2 cents...

If Porsche does come into F1, it wont be till after 2013. Because if the new F1 engine rules. I see them coming in as ONLY a engine supplier.

What team? I think either Williams, Toro Rosso. MAYBE Red Bull Racing, and McLaren. The reason why I said McLaren, because McLaren sign with Mercedes till 2015 (i think). But It could be cut short. We all know how it is in F1, contracts could be terminated early.

Besides McLaren and Porsche does have history together.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2769477)   #10
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
My 2 cents...

If Porsche does come into F1, it wont be till after 2013. Because if the new F1 engine rules. I see them coming in as ONLY a engine supplier.

What team? I think either Williams, Toro Rosso. MAYBE Red Bull Racing, and McLaren. The reason why I said McLaren, because McLaren sign with Mercedes till 2015 (i think). But It could be cut short. We all know how it is in F1, contracts could be terminated early.

Besides McLaren and Porsche does have history together.
Williams and Red Bull most likely.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2769569)   #11
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
How about Sauber-Porsche. Now that Telmex will partner with Sauber maybe they can get the Porsche deal or rebadge them as Volkswagen which is very big in Mexico.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2767731)   #12
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche as an engine supplier for RBR obviously! That would be great. I seriously doubt that they will do more than supplying engines tho
Old 1 Oct 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2767751)   #13
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Porsche as an engine supplier for RBR obviously! That would be great. I seriously doubt that they will do more than supplying engines tho
And recalling that when Porsche appeared in F1 of the 1980's, it was made to happen because a McLaren team benefactor / shareholder (TAG) would put up the development costs of the engine in exchange for naming rights, with the Porsche designed, built and run engine running as a TAG engine.....

... potentially Red Bull could do a 2010's update of that TAG deal, cough up some development money and end up with a Red Bull powered Red Bull. That would appeal to the D.M. ego. (not to mention any Porsche beancounters)

(Cue headline Mark Webber changes name to Red Bull to get contract and team driver preference, so we get the the Red Bull Red Bull..... driven by Red Bull.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2767767)   #14
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
...so we get the the Red Bull Red Bull..... driven by Red Bull...
I think you went to the well once too often.

(I've been hearing rumors of Porsche's return as an engine supplier for years now. I hope that it comes to fruition this time.)
Old 1 Oct 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2767793)   #15
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does sound like good news. Would spice things up a bit. What team are they going to be supplying engines to? I hope it will be Williams as they need to get back to their winning ways.