Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3763571)   #2071
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I have the Blu-Ray on order. Just in time to take away with me on my hols......
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3763574)   #2072
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!
I was tossing up whether to order Steve McQueen: The Man And Le Mans and noticed that the LM2017 BD was due in a fortnight. Thanks for keeping it in my mind Simmi, I likely would have forgotten about it by the time it becomes available.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 22:54 (Ref:3763604)   #2073
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I'm a bit torn. I've got the recent Duke offerings, but they never make it to the top of my playlist, simply because it's too much of an investment of time and, dare I say it, they've not really been edited to appeal? My fear here is it will be 4 hours of footage cropped from commentary that works fine if you're watching it at track or live, but a retrospective requires a little bit more work...

A genuinely well produced context plus highlights package running to about 90 minutes would work for me, and I suspect would serve as a good introduction to the non aficionados.

In a world where full reruns are put up on YouTube my gut feel is something like this might, sadly, be a little bit of anachronism.

Obviously if someone who's invested and watched can convince me otherwise then I'd be delighted to invest for my hols (thinking sometime later in October, so bags of time...).
Old 2 Sep 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3763708)   #2074
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're probably right Ian, I buy it as much now as a record of the event, more than entertainment. I watch it through once and return to it for snippets now and again. The one thing that is vital for me however is the live RLM commentary. I hated the review videos when they had added on commentary. The false 'surprise' of the commentator when something happened was a total turn-off for me....
Old 2 Sep 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3763752)   #2075
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ACO showed they could not be trusted to put together a decent review DVD. I think 2009 was a particularly low point. Almost like someone had set them a personal challenge as to how far into the DVD you could get before the race actually started.

Like Ayse says the RLM commentary on this current breed is great because it links the footage with the memories you had at the track watching the race. Couple that with great quality Blu-Ray pictures and I think it's a decent purchase. Even if it does often require a couple of sittings to watch, or a good risk of me falling asleep.

The irony that I can stay awake for a full 24 hour race but can't make it through a four hour review!
Old 2 Sep 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3763754)   #2076
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

The irony that I can stay awake for a full 24 hour race but can't make it through a four hour review!
Now that - is spot on! Bizarre.....
Old 12 Sep 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3766197)   #2077
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Le Mans Legend Café

The Le Mans Legend Café closes his doors definitively.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...me-ses-portes/
Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3766275)   #2078
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a real surprise, but still sad to see it go. So after the Union Jack went belly up a few years ago, and now the Legend café gone, where does one go for a drink in Le Mans?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3769134)   #2079
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Quick question. Off the top of your heads (or more specific if you're able), does anyone know when tickets will go on sale from the ACO for LM next year? Particularly for members.....?
Old 22 Sep 2017, 15:34 (Ref:3769278)   #2080
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
usually end of october early November, not had the usual form from the tourist office yet but i am sure it will be sent out in plenty of time
Old 23 Sep 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3769388)   #2081
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Simon, we're keen not to miss the members date this year!
Old Yesterday, 09:05 (Ref:3769700)   #2082
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!Bentley03 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Quick question. Off the top of your heads (or more specific if you're able), does anyone know when tickets will go on sale from the ACO for LM next year? Particularly for members.....?
They seem to be bringing the date further forward each year. Tuesday 17th October for ACO members and the 20th October for non members:

https://ticket.lemans.org/pre-home-site

Old Yesterday, 16:29 (Ref:3769769)   #2083
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Makes me think they are running a big overdraft and want cash as early as possible, or is that me just being cynical.
Old Yesterday, 23:05 (Ref:3769835)   #2084
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, it's the ACO getting organised, finally. Last year I received my tickets November 6th, this year I'm guessing October 25th
Old Today, 11:31 (Ref:3769908)   #2085
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
No, it's the ACO getting organised, finally. Last year I received my tickets November 6th, this year I'm guessing October 25th
Have you had the form from the tourist office yet?