Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Sep 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3298341)   #1
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit des Remparts Angouleme

Anyone else going to Angouleme, unfortunately the same weekend as the Spa Six Hour.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3298359)   #2
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
Anyone else going to Angouleme, unfortunately the same weekend as the Spa Six Hour.
Delta is going to Angouleme.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3298391)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Your Dutch namesake Pieter Bakker is aking the Legendary Circuits series there, I'm sure he'll be along soon
Old 3 Sep 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3298471)   #4
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confusing sometimes, but he is a lot more successful than me. We treat Angouleme as part holiday. Slow drive down, decent hotel, good food with friends, and a day of atmospheric street racing. Then another N road drive back home topped off with a final meal in Calais. Looking forward to the taking our newly acquired Jaguar MK2, albeit the unloved 2.4 litre. Beggars know how to compromise.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3298535)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
I've always wanted to go ever since we stumbled across the town on holiday some years ago. I hadn't heard of Le Circuit des Remparts, but there was a section in the local museum devoted to the period races. Gradually my Pineau-befuddled brain realised the pictures of K3s and MG C Types had switched to colour and the drivers were friends of mine, and an obsession was born.

One year I'll make it, either as spectator or preferably competitor.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3298568)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spare seat in the delta truck max unless g p changes his mind
Old 4 Sep 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3298688)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
Ohhhhh tempting Iain! Let me check calendars, I'm "Doing a Delta" on this karting lark at the moment and may be running some young drivers that weekend.

A windy army parade ground alongside the A303 or the sunshine of Angouleme? Decisions, decisions.....
Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3298995)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjohn ruston should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great place!

Won the concours in 1996 and had to do it in fancy dress.

Had a dish dash and finished with five Dior models in car.Told them Laurence of Arabia was previous owner!

Went to the party in the overed market the next day and got completely ****ed and missed Sunday.

Highlight of miserable old mans life.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3299123)   #9
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Only five?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3299145)   #10
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to do it and Pieter Bakker has done an excellent job getting a grid there. Spectated many years ago and loved it but unfortunately the clash with Spa 6Hrs means no can do. If it didn't I'd be first in the queue
Old 5 Sep 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3299365)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The town where I went to Grammar school (Bury) is Angouleme's twin town and I've often threatened to go there - guess this is just another excuse (reason) so to do
Old 5 Sep 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3299662)   #12
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Angouleme

We are going with an entourage of five cars! Ian racing the Warwick, me in the Allardette (!) a G4, G12 and a Midget. Really looking forward to it. Ian has raced there four times before and I have twice. Fab place, great atmosphere, unique 30s style street racing and incredibly enthusiastic crowds. Anyone going come and find us!
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3308734)   #13
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I despair. Fabulous weekend, wonderful weather and really lovely people BUT the organisation does leave a great deal to be desired. When there was a three car crash in the Junior race completely blocking the track only yellow flags were waved whilst the drivers tried to push their cars out of the way!
Old 24 Sep 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3308771)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but now with the big screan we could all watch the action from the paddock. Pile up was the best TV I have watched I hope you can see the footage sometime.It was just so funny.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3308804)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I confess, I always thought this was a sprint rather than a race meeting.