Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Apr 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3635660)   #46
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Forecast sounds similar to what we'll be dealing with at Road Atlanta this weekend. Enjoy the show, Nick! We look forward to a report.

-Mike Cooley, The Stroker Ace
Old 23 Apr 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3635815)   #47
Nick Woodbury
Racer

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tomorrow is the day. Racing at last!

The speedway installed a new LED Scoreboard for the beginning of last year's racing season (2015), and they posted a picture of it today functioning wonderfully.

*EDIT* Forgot to post this from their track staff a few days ago.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 23 Apr 2016 at 04:56.
Old 23 Apr 2016, 05:45 (Ref:3635817)   #48
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
...who takes a panoramic shot from the middle of the racing surface...jeez that looks bad.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 01:11 (Ref:3635958)   #49
Nick Woodbury
Racer

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday was a most BEAUTIFUL day for on-track activity. It was continuously in the upper sixties with a steady breeze that kept you cool with the sun being out so much. I even got a minor sunburn on my forehead and nose.

Here are the RAW pictures that I took today, not exactly the best photos I've ever taken, given that I haven photographed any motorsports events since October.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8ce9347fc1
Old 25 Apr 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3636297)   #50
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Those Legends car without fenders and non-INEX bodies look dumb as hell.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3636306)   #51
Nick Woodbury
Racer

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Those Legends car without fenders and non-INEX bodies look dumb as hell.
Those are Northeast Classic Lites. Cheaper and more affordable than Legends Cars and, remarkably, faster than the Legends.

http://classiclites.com/

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 25 Apr 2016 at 19:22.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3636337)   #52
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Those are Northeast Classic Lites. Cheaper and more affordable than Legends Cars and, remarkably, faster than the Legends.

http://classiclites.com/
Looks like they run the engines that Legends should be transitioning over to soon.

...and they run what appears to be a 7" Hoosier, which would explain them being faster than the street tire'd Legends, hah.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3636898)   #53
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
More speedbowl upgrade pictures, we open next week.
http://racedayct.com/2016/04/picture...s-in-progress/

The silver fence is annoying. Paint them black so you can see through them easily at night instead of getting a glare off the lights from them.
Old 24 May 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3644053)   #54
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any interest out there?

http://www.dixiespeedway.com/2014/12...atured-slider/
Old 24 May 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3644064)   #55
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
We ran in the ACT race at Waterford this past weekend. Finished third in our qualifying race, and was the top running Waterford car for the entire first half of the race, before we retired due to my buddys eyes burning in the car and he couldn't see...turns out the brake master started to leak very slightly, but enough to get fluid onto the headers.
Old 24 May 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3644065)   #56
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Tomorrow is the day. Racing at last!

The speedway installed a new LED Scoreboard for the beginning of last year's racing season (2015), and they posted a picture of it today functioning wonderfully.

We now have this exact same scoreboard at our track as well. They also added a lap counter to the scoring tower facing the backstretch so people in the pits can see how many laps are remaining.
Old 24 May 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3644073)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yes but young son b-day party is Saturday and I am watching the big 3 Sunday....

I need to get up to Dixie this year!

Old 24 May 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3644074)   #58
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
We ran in the ACT race at Waterford this past weekend. Finished third in our qualifying race, and was the top running Waterford car for the entire first half of the race, before we retired due to my buddys eyes burning in the car and he couldn't see...turns out the brake master started to leak very slightly, but enough to get fluid onto the headers.
Such is racing, but frustrating to have speed and have something like that cause a retirement. I bet there's another race coming up where y'all can try again!

Old 27 Jun 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3655302)   #59
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When down in the Boro this weekend visiting the
son , we got down to Pooler to do Oglethorpe Speedway
Friday nite. Great half mile. Solid racing all nite . Super Street class had the best race.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3657878)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Just watched the end of the "Show Me 100" on CBS. Jimmy Owens won his third or fourth Show Me 100. Scott Bloomquist has come on and won the last 3 races, including one last night in Gaffney SC. That must of been a warm evening at the track!

http://lucasdirt.com/home/119-result...rokee-speedway

Scott is leading the points over Davenport and Landers. Decent bit of earnings from Scott year to date at 204K. I'd like to give that job go!