Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

ALGARVE CLASSIC FESTIVAL
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

28 Oct 2017 to 29 Oct 2017 07:00 to 19:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Well established, and popular. Usually coincides with school half term, and in previous years entry fees have included 5 star hotel accommodation overlooking the beach at Praia da Rocha...

Oh- and there are rumours that some much needed track resurfacing will have been done over the winter!

Includes Motor Racing Legends Grids, GTSCC, U2TC (x2) and local races.

Old 29 Aug 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3762557)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Entry for the MRL HTCC/Tony Trophy now in. Delta will be sharing the Rover.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3773815)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only two weeks away. Who's going?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 07:47 (Ref:3773818)   #18
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Only two weeks away. Who's going?
Mr Rowley and you certainly, as seen in MRL press release...

I'm leaving base this coming Monday afternoon as there is the small matter of Le Castellet weekend after this one coming. Should get to AIA by 1700hrs Wednesday before the meeting, which is usually when the circuit staff relent in their practiced refusal of access to all and sundry!

No doubt several others will be travelling via Estoril, including your co-driver.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3773819)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
We fly in Thursday afternoon. Friday practice and qually.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3774829)   #20
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We fly in Thursday afternoon. Friday practice and qually.
Look forward to seeing you, our cars are leaving at the weekend and will be in the paddock before your arrival.

Watch out for the flag of St Piran, understand the old Cornish Pirate is supplying the beers!.

Last edited by eamonn ledwidge; 18 Oct 2017 at 12:32. Reason: typo
Old 18 Oct 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3774929)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to buy you a beer Eamonn . ��
Old 19 Oct 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3775041)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
MRL HTCC and TDT Entry list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ACF MRL Historic Touring Car Challenge Entry List V1.pdf (393.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 27 Oct 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3776837)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow what a fantastic car Peter letting me co drive with him . I'm really enjoying the Rover . Race tomorrow will. Report in with results
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3776844)   #24
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wow what a fantastic car Peter letting me co drive with him . I'm really enjoying the Rover . Race tomorrow will. Report in with results
Hope for your sake you don't bend it!
Old 28 Oct 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3776953)   #25
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Well, eventful for box 19 so far. Arrived from Ricard with two dead cars, so was working from moment of arrival. The SLR has had engine out to replace flywheel spigot, and that’s proved successful. The B19 is not raceable so the owner has had his B8 rushed out from UK to replace it.... That has qualified OK.

The SLR I’m co driving (all 3 are here ) was flying during Thursday test, but died at the end of free practice yesterday. Diagnosis was that timing had slipped, and as both engine failures this season were down to dizzy problems I had the whole drive out to check. No faults found so reassembled and re timed. Gave it a razz down the local roads and felt OK, so fingers crossed for qualifying later today. Worrying when no obvious reasons for something.....

Good stuff- weather fab, all fellow racers smiling and chilled, and had two superb evening meals without even venturing to the seafood places on the beach! Just to make Delta jealous- excellent pizza last night, followed by best ice cream in the Algarve and free limoncello’s at the end........
Old 28 Oct 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3776955)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Swinei I am Jelous . But my T bone steak was a good substitute 😀 And we had a wild bore staring at us on the way back . Glad I was not on push bike
Old 28 Oct 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3776973)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Swinei I am Jelous . But my T bone steak was a good substitute 😀 And we had a wild bore staring at us on the way back . Glad I was not on push bike
How the other half live ! whereas us two OAPs have to live on bread and water and collect firewood to keep warm !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Oct 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3777007)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
How the other half live ! whereas us two OAPs have to live on bread and water and collect firewood to keep warm !
Guess there'll be a lot of that in Spain once the Catalonians have blockaded everything...!!!
Old 29 Oct 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3777159)   #29
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike we heard about another race to take place at Braga on 2/3rd of December, cheap entry fee. The right day to announce it because Braga is anti clockwise style!
How are your races?
Old 29 Oct 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3777164)   #30
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Sadly we've had to withdraw our SLR from the 2 hour GTSCC race today, which is a great shame as it's not often all 3 are on track together.

The ignition timing slipped again during qualifying, and after having all the dizzy drive out again, sending pics to the engine builder, plus showing the parts to various knowledgeable people present in the paddock, it was decided that the risk of a third engine failure was too great.

On a positive note, the weather is still great, we had another excellent supper (followed by gelato from the nearby place) last night, and the event is confirmed for the 3rd weekend in October next year. That is the weekend before Peter Auto go to Imola, so looks like it will be very difficult to truck from Portimao to Italy in the timescale available. Will need some careful planning for those wanting to race at both......

Now bracing myself for the 3 day drive up to Caen to get home- necessary as Britney ferries are once again mucking freight customers about by refusing to confirm bookings on the Bilbao route. No doubt hoping to fill the boat with more lucrative tourist bookings- ignoring the fact that freight keeps them going the rest of the year.......