Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 5 Oct 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1424852)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gerry Taylor's famous 'Swish' Anglia - photos

Gerry Taylor has asked me to post these pics for us to see, of his famous 'Swish curtain tracks' special saloon Anglia from the early 70s. Brilliant days - thanks for sharing Gerry, happy memories!

First of all, Gerry in the ex-Roger Williamson Anglia ( still in Roger's red/yellow colours GT?) Taking on the Imps at Becketts.

Smart 'Swish' livery:

Around the outside of Pete Baldwin at Copse:

Oops!!

Old 6 Oct 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1425244)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Found some more Gerry on the net a while back. The start of the Mallory 'roll' - what was going through your mind? Clean answer! - remember- it's a family show here..
Copyright unknown on these first three.

Is this the car between the Williamson red/yellow and Swish liveries?

Is this you? Could be one of Fred Scatley's shots or David Marshall.

Some of the opposition - copyright Autosport.
Ian Mitchell.

This one is I think one of David Marshall's shots. The Brode's famous 'Run Baby Run'
Old 6 Oct 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1425377)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
they could be HRSR pictures taken last week
Old 6 Oct 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1425391)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Except for the large run-off at the hairpin now! Needed big danglies in those days with the barrier right to the edge.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1425752)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Questions Answered!

The Red/Yellow car photographs, are indeed me at the wheel, not long after getting the famous car.
The Swish Livery Colour pic is of me at AINTREE!
The Big Blue Anglia was well before the Swish car and was a 1760 unit, and that actual picture was used on the front page of a mag called "HOT CAR". As I remember it was given a seeing to down in Harrow by George Whitehead of WRA Engineering, and went very well.
As to what was going through my head when I began the roll.........I think it was "This is all in slow motion", followed by, "This may hurt a little!" I was actually third at the time, and Doug Griff was just ahead of me. If you recall it was Easter Sunday at Mallory. We rebuilt her overnight and put her on Pole Easter Monday! Lovely pic's great times. Thanks for printing them Gerry.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1431249)   #6
tigerbill65
Rookie

tigerbill65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know of ginger payne.? he drove an Anglia in the 60s. the jeff Howe car.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1431530)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Check out the positive camber on those Imps!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1431538)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats probably under acceleration, when the front weighs only as much as the flies attached to the grille

helps understeer no end
Old 12 Oct 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1431595)   #9
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iv found the pic of you at cadwell gerry and sent a few more for you to look at of other cars . will be with you any day.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1432025)   #10
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Colin!

Hi Colin, looking forward to recieving them. Gerry.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1434460)   #11
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Swish Anglia Pic,s. 1972.

Hi Colin! Thanks for the photographs, recieved earlier today. They are without exception Brilliant! I have replied with a personal note to you. So many names from my past! Malcolm Johnsons Mini. Mike Beckets Anglia. Ray Paynes Imp. names like Clinton Bourke, Tom Powell, and Tom Jeffrey. The photographs are clear and well marked with who is behind the wheel. Even Dear Gerry Marshall. Once again Thanks Mate. Gerry.