Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 23 Oct 2003, 06:30 (Ref:760272)   #1
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Renna 1976-2003

Tony Renna had a fatal crash yesterday in his first test with Ganassi.
For next month he ahd scheduled his marriage.
I really feel devasted. Nothing to add.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 09:10 (Ref:760395)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's the day after and it still hasn't sunk in. Yesterday, we lost what could have been - should have been - an amazing talent in the IndyCar Series.

I guess all thats left to say is Goodbye Tony, you wont be forgotten. Ever.

Here's a nice photo of him in his one of his first races for Kelley Racing.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:11 (Ref:760533)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Truely devastating. The ironic cruelty of fate to snatch him away at the the very moment when the future which held so much promise was finally realized. I hope those four laps were a thrill for him.

He was a great talent. My heart goes out to his family, his fiancee and his Team.

RIP.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 14:14 (Ref:760810)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The website indypitpass.com has put a very touching tribute on thier front page. Well worth a look.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 14:40 (Ref:760847)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's sad that often we don't get to know the good people around us until something like this happens. I didn't even recognize Tony Renna's name when the message came to me that he'd been killed. Since reading what people had to say about him, I have realized that I missed knowing a hard charger and a fine young man who was only now getting to the point where things came together for him -- and in an instant it and he were gone from us.

My prayers are with his family, his team(s) -- old and new -- and those people who knew and loved him as I never got or took the chance to do.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 14:47 (Ref:760858)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony was a young driver who was about to enter his next chapter in racing, in one of the most competitive teams. To me it's tragically reminescent of Greg's demise

My thoughs are with his family, and everyone who got to know him. We that did not have the chance to know him personally are also griveing.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 04:09 (Ref:761481)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My condolences go out to his family & friends at this very sad moment, this year in motorsport just goes from bad to worse.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 20:26 (Ref:762234)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a really awful situation to lose such a gifted young driver jsut as he was set to make a real imrpession. It is indeed spookily similar to Greg Moore's death. Tony's all-too-few races showed real talent. My sympathies go out to his family and friends, and especially his fiancé.