Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 14 Oct 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1433194)   #26
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sucks about Davison, the team guaranteed him a seat so he gave up on Europe, only to find out he they sold his seat to Longhurst.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1433271)   #27
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Will be interested to see how Davison goes, considering he "gave up on open wheelers in Europe to focus on V8Supercars", and is presently trying to secure a drive in that series..
Funny, I thought it was the other way around.

And the True Will will have a brand spanking Lola for the Gold Coast.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 03:14 (Ref:1433272)   #28
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Well, from what I've heard it will be a Lola. New or old, I don't know - but it will definitely be a Lola.

Hackett would have been a better man for Germany than Jones - and given that he spent last weekend twiddling his thumbs it is a bit of a disappointment.

Will be interested to see how Davison goes, considering he "gave up on open wheelers in Europe to focus on V8Supercars", and is presently trying to secure a drive in that series.

James Courtney would be the best man for the job.

Your'e 100% right Mac , just a shame for some reason Courtney won't be driving for "Team Jones" . As for Will #2 hev should make his mind up which way he wants his his career to go...He would be #7 or #8 on my list as the top Aussie driver
Old 14 Oct 2005, 05:32 (Ref:1433301)   #29
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
I've just read the Team Gore press release announcing the worst kept secret this month. It is very notable in how it goes to pains as not to mention Power's A1GP success or involvement.

Strange......
Old 14 Oct 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1433486)   #30
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting read to be found Here

Looks like more of the same from Team Jones!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1433596)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No - that report is good news.

It basically means Davison will be racing it from here on in.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1434121)   #32
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3lollipops
Hollywood Hackett? To quote one J P McEnroe "You cannot be serious!"
Remember anyone is better than Jones
Old 15 Oct 2005, 05:28 (Ref:1434148)   #33
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
Remember anyone is better than Jones

I agree with you there Mark , I drive race boats and I know I could do a better job than Daddy's little boy, as I have said before while one A.Jones holds the ticket for Australia little C.Jones will have a drive and come last or near there like the last GP.

Get seroius ALAN put someone in the seat with talent not blood related
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Oct 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1434718)   #34
ninetenths
Rookie

ninetenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davison is in until the end of the year, then he will miss the last few rounds to concentrate on his V8 supercar program...Will has made up his mind and has made the committment to Australia next year. But why would he pass this opportunity up, its definately better than sitting home racing nothing for the rest of the year!!!
Old 16 Oct 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1435147)   #35
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetenths
Davison is in until the end of the year, then he will miss the last few rounds to concentrate on his V8 supercar program...Will has made up his mind and has made the committment to Australia next year. But why would he pass this opportunity up, its definately better than sitting home racing nothing for the rest of the year!!!
Which Will are we talking about

I think I missed what happened to Will Power...

If C Jones is in the car again at Estoril, I'll be barracking for another country
Old 16 Oct 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1435165)   #36
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Power has signed a three year ChampCar deal, which begins with the race in Australia next weekend.

Will Davison will be racing the A1GP Australian car from Estoril onwards
Old 17 Oct 2005, 01:27 (Ref:1435586)   #37
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Will Power has signed a three year ChampCar deal, which begins with the race in Australia next weekend.

Will Davison will be racing the A1GP Australian car from Estoril onwards
Doh!! First cricket, now this!
Old 17 Oct 2005, 03:25 (Ref:1435638)   #38
Seljak
Rookie

Croatia
Seljak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
c jones

christian jones is useless and the A1 go race showed that. my team boss was telling me about a story about christian jones the other day. He was working for a f4000 team a few years back and their normal lead driver was sick, so christian who had just came back from the asian f3 series was chosen to fill in.

This race was at phillip island, jones was 3 seconds off their normal driver and during the race the safety car came out and he was weaving profusely, he lost control and planted the car into the pit straight wall. He wasnt contacted for another drive after that. He has done nothing to impress and there are far better people out there for the drive. Some of the ff guys are bloody awesome, who cares just give them a shot, there is nothing to lose.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 04:33 (Ref:1435659)   #39
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
I remember that day. There were nearly several nasty accidents from excessive laughing.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1436050)   #40
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shows what a poor level motorsport in East Asia (except Japan) is still at that he won the Asian F3 championship
Old 26 Oct 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1443932)   #41
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do we all start putting on Will Davidson now? He didn't do any better than Christian. You were all very quick to put the preverbial onto Christian, but this thread has been pretty quiet in the last couple of weeks. So is Christian still the enemy and Davo had some excuse, or does it prove nothing other than Power is better than both of them?

Last edited by Asp; 27 Oct 2005 at 10:41. Reason: Autocensor Dodging
Old 26 Oct 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1443967)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

Will Davison did a very good job given he'd not had any testing and given he was injured.
Old 26 Oct 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1444020)   #43
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Davo did a great job ..... from ROF to 6th and defended like a champ thumbs up from me
Old 26 Oct 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1444291)   #44
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequel
So do we all start putting on Will Davidson now? He didn't do any better than Christian. You were all very quick to put the preverbial onto Christian, but this thread has been pretty quiet in the last couple of weeks. So is Christian still the enemy and Davo had some excuse, or does it prove nothing other than Power is better than both of them?
Well, at least we know he didn't get the drive on the dint of having the right surname...

Last edited by Asp; 27 Oct 2005 at 10:42. Reason: Editing of quoted post
Old 27 Oct 2005, 01:42 (Ref:1444670)   #45
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Were you even watching Sequel? Have you seen any of the results?

Or did you just wake up from a dream?
Old 30 Oct 2005, 03:13 (Ref:1447210)   #46
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't watch it but did see the results. 4th in first practice (good result), 1 second off the pace (not so good). Chose not to go out in the second session (chosing to give up his testing, Kicking-back). Qualified 19th, 6 seconds of the pace (3 secs off on a 1.30 lap). DNF race 1 (due to poor qualifiy and battling it out with other drivers at that end of the grid) , 6th of 15 finishers race 2 (so he passed 9 cars, wo hoo). Nothing to right home about really.

So like I predicted, Christian still the enemy, Will had excuses. I hope he didnt cry this time.

Now I agree Christains performance was poor (dont know what his excuses were), however I dont see how you can still rate Will so highly and at the same time Christain so poorly

Any way, the title of this thread is "Australian A1GP team / support", so lets get behind the team, rather than trying to trash the drivers. Granted the level of Asian motorsport my not be that high (and I include Japan and Australia in that), but how many of you have won ANY championship?
Old 30 Oct 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1447316)   #47
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequel
Didn't watch it but did see the results. 4th in first practice (good result), 1 second off the pace (not so good). Chose not to go out in the second session (chosing to give up his testing, Kicking-back). Qualified 19th, 6 seconds of the pace (3 secs off on a 1.30 lap). DNF race 1 (due to poor qualifiy and battling it out with other drivers at that end of the grid) , 6th of 15 finishers race 2 (so he passed 9 cars, wo hoo). Nothing to right home about really.
Well there where I think 24 starters and he started 19th so he pass more than 9 as he was 8th before the others started to fall off the track and made his way through to 5th then fought hard to only fall back to 6th so get it right !!!

BTW the fire bomb when off on the car in session 2 thats why he was not out. again get it right !!!!

Race 1 he was taken out by china

now I don't see many others jumping up and down in this thread . But I see your point on the bagging that christan got . On saying that Christain did display and controlled race in germany slow as it was it was controlled and trouble free , But understand this after coming out of a very good showing/start at brands 2nd place to 3rd last at gremany 14th from 17 finshing mind you he started 19th Christan was always going to feel some heat . Will D as had the least amount of time in the car and has shown very well thus far .
And yes I did give Christan some stick cause I want team Aussie to excel in this like we do in most sports . Now I don't think CJ is a bad driver not by a long shot I just queryed why some of our hottest open wheel talent had not had the chance to be tested ...

I support A1GP and I support team Aussie

I say to you yes look at the results they tell a picture but to get the full story watch the race !
Old 3 Nov 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1451029)   #48
bocster
Rookie

bocster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think its interesting to look at the 2004 brit f3 series where piquet ,power and davison all drove in the same races (only a few where they all finished). All three drivers are classy drivers yet atm the piquet's results are far better than the australian's. Car setup and team support in getting these cars ready is really important and im not sure whether the team has been up to scratch in giving our racers the cars that they deserve (this includes christian). these cars are allowed to have work done to them but it needs to be done in the confines of the A1 factory (which is now mobile)and only 5 people for each team are allowed to work on them when they arent at a race meeting (i think) . could it be the case that other teams have work out little tricks to their cars to make them preform better (not unfairly i might add) . at the moment the "onspeed" cars would be NZ(except for last race due to engine change) brazil,franze,switz,GB (but hes got some bad luck) . there is no way that davison should have been more than 2 seconds a lap slower then the lead cars. Word is that the Aussie car will be back on pace this weekend. I did however see the spare car fail to make it back to the garage 4 times on monday though
Old 3 Nov 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1451268)   #49
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look I have to say I thought people were overzealous when they said Jones was ****, and usually I always give drivers excuses for poor performance in a race but hovering around second last in practice/qualifying in a spec-series just isn't acceptable. He'll probably get some of the Asian rounds so we'll she how he fares there.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1465587)   #50
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neither the driver nor the team appeared to cover themselves in a great deal of glory again this round.
Was it just luck at the first round or is Will Power better than Will D. They haven't really figured since Will P left.