Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Mar 2019, 23:23 (Ref:3889379)   #1976
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/wec-e...vQMMF-v8kSwmKw

Some made up TV stats about how more people than ever watched WEC. I quite like the bit about 138 million audience in Spain, in a country with around 45 million people. Even if this is adding all the races together, the entire nation of Spain all watched 3 WEC races.

I especially like the bit about how the third most popular race was Silverstone. After they tried to drop it, then brought it back, and are now cutting the distance. So even these made up stats support the use of Silverstone.

Anyway, I'm sure all the races had a good 55,000 people there too.
I'm pretty sure that total for Spain is the culmination of the wec races since Alonso joined. The amount the broadcasts for the 3 wec races and probably Le Mans is 34.5 million people per race. Same thing with the "55,000" people, that would be weekend total, everyone knows that's what they mean, be fair.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 23:43 (Ref:3889381)   #1977
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I'm sure they are sandbagging

Guess only lmp2 marked some serious lap.
GTpro should be in low 1.55 at least and toyotas could run easily in 1.38
Old 10 Mar 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3889393)   #1978
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I'm pretty sure that total for Spain is the culmination of the wec races since Alonso joined. The amount the broadcasts for the 3 wec races and probably Le Mans is 34.5 million people per race. Same thing with the "55,000" people, that would be weekend total, everyone knows that's what they mean, be fair.
I think his point still stands. if they are claiming 34.5 million people per race in a country with 43 million people that is absurd.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 04:09 (Ref:3889403)   #1979
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think his point still stands. if they are claiming 34.5 million people per race in a country with 43 million people that is absurd.
I read the site and I thought it was pretty clear that they are talking about the reach of the tv audience. At least imo it's easy to recognize that they are talking about the reach of the networks/tv stations combined. That article leads with "WEC enjoys increased TV exposure". I don't think 34 million people watched the wec in Spain but they had the potential to in some form or another it seems. Good that it's growing in exposure. Maybe a more grounded statement would be better next time though I agree.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3889419)   #1980
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Portgual v Spain in the World Cup got 10m viewers in Spain.(source). WEC will be lucky if it even had 1 million viewers in Spain. VERY lucky.

If we're talking about potential reach then we're into pure fantasy numbers. Quite literally, make it up. That means every show on BBC in the UK has the potential reach of the entire country. WEC has the potential reach of 3 billion people because that's the estimated number of people in the world who have internet access.

This is why everybody jokes about 55k every race. Because they're just making it up. Potential reach, lol.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3889423)   #1981
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
World cup will always be top viewing. WEC ain't exactly up there at the moment. Shame really

I think it just doesn't float enough people's boat and not enough people are interested. But it will always have it's fans. That's probably enough for them and that's about as much they will get
Old 10 Mar 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3889439)   #1982
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 'potential reach' thing, while sounding a little daft to most of us, clearly isn't meant for most of us.
It's meant for sponsors and manufacturers - "look at how many people could see your logo" - makes perfect sense to publish figures about that when you're trying to draw more money into the sport.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3889462)   #1983
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018-2019 WEC Super Season

The #56 Project 1 Porsche has had a significant fire during testing at Sebring. They might have to source a new chassis.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3889508)   #1984
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that’s not a good start
Old 10 Mar 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3889535)   #1985
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well that’s not a good start
According to S365 they are waiting for a chassis to arrive from Germany.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-sebring-test/
Old 10 Mar 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3889547)   #1986
S griffin
Veteran

Well let’s hope for their sake it arrives on time and in one piece
Old 11 Mar 2019, 01:00 (Ref:3889569)   #1987
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
According to DailySportsCar's sources, the car burnt to the ground.

Endurance-Info has an article with a photo: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/254182-2/
Old 11 Mar 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3889619)   #1988
S griffin
Veteran

Oh dear, hope they find the fault to make sure that doesn't happen again. Will have to check the photo out later
Old 11 Mar 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3889656)   #1989
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know any details about the status of Project One Porsche? You think guys that they made it for the next weekend?? I heard that they will look for a spare chassis from Porsche..
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3889712)   #1990
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
The 'potential reach' thing, while sounding a little daft to most of us, clearly isn't meant for most of us.
It's meant for sponsors and manufacturers - "look at how many people could see your logo" - makes perfect sense to publish figures about that when you're trying to draw more money into the sport.
An excellent point.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3889716)   #1991
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickberg555 View Post
Anyone know any details about the status of Project One Porsche? You think guys that they made it for the next weekend?? I heard that they will look for a spare chassis from Porsche..
Last I read, a chassis was on it's way to Sebring from Weissach.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3889720)   #1992
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but is there insurance of any sort for such an event, or did someone literally just see half a million £ go up in smoke?
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3889736)   #1993
S griffin
Veteran

Well it would be a good job if it was insured. Otherwise that’s a lot down the swanny as you say
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3889747)   #1994
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That would be nice! Good team, great car! Would be a shame if they dont gonna make it.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3889755)   #1995
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but is there insurance of any sort for such an event, or did someone literally just see half a million £ go up in smoke?
I think our resident racer had said the insurance offered wasn't really worth it for the races he'd been in, lots to pay and very little in return. But I think that was for US GT3 series but I'm guessing that's a half million pounds in flames yes. And possibly some collector's car they were hoping for some race pedigree before putting in storage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12 Mar 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3889939)   #1996
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember that there WILL be RLM coverage of FP1-3, starting tomorrow

For the last few (maybe even 5?) years the only ACO events with practices covered were LM and Silverstone so it's a bonus
Old 12 Mar 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3889941)   #1997
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Some cars are insured and some aren't. The RSR that was ran by the company I work for was insured by the owner. I seem to remember the first £25k of damaged wasn't covered.

Project 1 have posted this on Instagram.

"There is a solution for the #1000MSebring. We are working on the realization now - there is another car at the airport in the moment. Tomorrow morning we will have the confirmation, if we can run the event .... For now we want to thank everybody at @dhlexpress / @dhlmotorsports & @fiawec_official & @porsche_newsroom for their help 🙏 And our #crew has a day off, to prepare for the upcoming challenges."
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3889970)   #1998
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Project 1 have posted this on Instagram.

"There is a solution for the #1000MSebring. We are working on the realization now - there is another car at the airport in the moment. Tomorrow morning we will have the confirmation, if we can run the event .... For now we want to thank everybody at @dhlexpress / @dhlmotorsports & @fiawec_official & @porsche_newsroom for their help 🙏 And our #crew has a day off, to prepare for the upcoming challenges."
DSC report that the replacement is their ELMS car and they haven't yet decided whether to order a new chassis to replace the destroyed one.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3889996)   #1999
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
DSC report that the replacement is their ELMS car and they haven't yet decided whether to order a new chassis to replace the destroyed one.
Guess they'll see if they can repair it first.
Old 13 Mar 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3890073)   #2000
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://racer.com/2019/03/12/huge-ru...bring-tickets/

"And then we had this WEC thing come along. And good heavens though, what they’ve brought here…”

I think the chances of the race happening for years to come are looking pretty solid