Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3780815)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2017 NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Reigning champions Flying Lizard Motorsports are back with their Audi R8 GT3, and a Porsche Cayman GT4, going for three wins in a row.
https://www.lizardms.com/lizards-ret...defend-titles/

Winward/HTP are bringing a new GT4 Mercedes: https://twitter.com/endurance_radio/...16981943816192

Thunderhill regulars JFC Racing will skip the 25 hours this year, but they plan to return next year: https://www.facebook.com/jfcracing/p...67916276586303

No official entry list yet, but info on a few other entries can be found here: https://twitter.com/endurance_radio
Old 16 Nov 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3780840)   #2
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://nasa25hour.com

https://nasa25hour.com/2017-teams-cars-and-classes/
Old 21 Nov 2017, 01:11 (Ref:3781864)   #3
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be running in E1 under Team Moorewood Racing in a e46 bmw 330i, pics shortly
Old 21 Nov 2017, 01:14 (Ref:3781865)   #4
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
attached
Attached Thumbnails
25 hour car.jpg  
Old 21 Nov 2017, 02:12 (Ref:3781872)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427 View Post
attached
Nice! good luck to you and the team!
Old 21 Nov 2017, 04:59 (Ref:3781899)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427 View Post
attached
Nice car. Good luck hope you have fun.

Was there a doco made of last years race at all?
Old 21 Nov 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3782070)   #7
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Rich, there was another "Survive the 25" documentary made for 2016 and it's currently airing every Tuesday on MavTV. My cable service doesn't offer that channel so I haven't been able to catch it... if anyone's got it, be a gent and upload it as an unlisted video to youtube please.

-mike
Old 22 Nov 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3782197)   #8
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Good guess is that the Ginetta G57s will be the fastest cars overall but if they break then the Flying Lizard Audi R8 will be there to pick up the scraps.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3782227)   #9
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Rich, there was another "Survive the 25" documentary made for 2016 and it's currently airing every Tuesday on MavTV. My cable service doesn't offer that channel so I haven't been able to catch it... if anyone's got it, be a gent and upload it as an unlisted video to youtube please.

-mike
What are u driving mike? I'll be up for just friday..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Nov 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3783649)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
What are u driving mike? I'll be up for just friday..

I got an e-mail today saying Mike will be in a flying lizards GT4 Porsche. Best of luck Mike!
Old 28 Nov 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3783667)   #11
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I got an e-mail today saying Mike will be in a flying lizards GT4 Porsche. Best of luck Mike!
I got that e-mail too.
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/F...id=Qxr4_dzv3Co
All sorts of cool drivers in the Lizard lineup.
#45 Audi GT3: Darren Law, Nate Stacy, Charlie Hayes, Tom Haacker
#74 Porsche GT4: Johannes Van Overbeek, Mike, Craig Watkins, Ross Thompson
Cool to see they have Craig Watkins in the Porsche. The Kussmaul Chronicles book he wrote is awesome.

http://nasportscar.com/competition-m...f-thunderhill/

Pretty impressive lineup in Competition Motorsports' Porsche GT3 Cup car too.
#73 Porsche: Preston Calvert, Michael Lewis, Andrew Davis, Kurt Rezzetano

Some serious speed there.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3783818)   #12
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ya sorry guys, couldn't say anything until they announced it. Should be fun.. I've never driven a GT4 car before.

-mike
Old 28 Nov 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3783832)   #13
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to check out practice and qualifying tomorrow!!

Old 28 Nov 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3783847)   #14
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ya sorry guys, couldn't say anything until they announced it. Should be fun.. I've never driven a GT4 car before.

-mike
Well done Mike.

Out of interest, what car classes have you driven? GT3, GTE and now GT4? Anything else fun?
Old 28 Nov 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3783896)   #15
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well done Mike.

Out of interest, what car classes have you driven? GT3, GTE and now GT4? Anything else fun?
Thanks! Hmm... I've raced 997 and 991 Porsche Cup's, a Spec E30 BMW, Maserati Trofeo, Ferrari Challenge (458), Rolex GT spec Ferrari and Porsche, FIA GT3, original World Challenge spec GT3 Audi (not full FIA GT3), LMPC, LMP3, old Conti spec GS (before GT4) and GTE. I think that's all at the moment.

Btw, it looks like NASA just published the Survive the 25 from 2016 on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo0Et2HZ2V0

Great quality video and production. They did a beautiful job on it.. (not just because we won. :P)!

-mike
Old 2 Dec 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3784763)   #16
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://livestream.com/drivenasa/25hour
Old 2 Dec 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3784767)   #17
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks! Hmm... I've raced 997 and 991 Porsche Cup's, a Spec E30 BMW, Maserati Trofeo, Ferrari Challenge (458), Rolex GT spec Ferrari and Porsche, FIA GT3, original World Challenge spec GT3 Audi (not full FIA GT3), LMPC, LMP3, old Conti spec GS (before GT4) and GTE. I think that's all at the moment.

Btw, it looks like NASA just published the Survive the 25 from 2016 on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo0Et2HZ2V0

Great quality video and production. They did a beautiful job on it.. (not just because we won. :P)!

-mike
These documentaries are great to watch. Do you or anyone else know why the 2011-2014 Survive the 25 series aren't on YouTube anymore? Any place I can find them?
Old 2 Dec 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3784774)   #18
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow neat to see a Studebaker out there in track. Other than salt flats speed runs you don't see those in motorsports
Old 3 Dec 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3784873)   #19
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Lizards are running a stream of their radio communications: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFafpyle4I
Old 4 Dec 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3785003)   #20
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Flying Lizards and drivers Darren Law, Nate Stacy, Charlie Hayes and Tom Haacker on the team's third consecutive win in this event! It just goes to show what an awesome car that first generation Audi R8 LMS ultra is, to have raced 75 hours without a failure (that I know of!). Way to go guys!
Old 4 Dec 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3785102)   #21
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
That may have been the toughest endurance race I've ever competed in. The 25 Hour never fails... such a good old school race! Congrats to my teammates in the #45 on their win.

-mike
Old 4 Dec 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3785130)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
That may have been the toughest endurance race I've ever competed in. The 25 Hour never fails... such a good old school race! Congrats to my teammates in the #45 on their win.

-mike
So how did you like the GT4?
Old 4 Dec 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3785143)   #23
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
So how did you like the GT4?
It was fun! Clearly not as fast as a GT3 car, but that's to be expected. It'd be a lot of fun to race against other GT4 cars because it moves around so much... decent power and not really any aero so it slips and slides a lot. If we had used regular slicks I think we could've fought for an overall podium (we ran on Toyo DOT tires).

The fuel mileage on the Cayman was great... around 90 minutes per stint at full green flag running. There was normally a yellow/safety car or something else going on during a stint and we double'd every driver all race so stints were in the 3:30-4 Hour range every time. I only got in the car twice during the race.

My back, wrists, and left foot (braking) hurt though... tough race!

-mike
Old 5 Dec 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3785257)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

-mike
Also Riley DP at Lime Rock 2013, correct?
Old 5 Dec 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3785274)   #25
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Also Riley DP at Lime Rock 2013, correct?
Sh*t, you're correct!

-mike