Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3462093)   #26
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Some people are suggesting that if they keep their noses clean then a top 15 finish could be on the cards.
Whilst I've often admired your enthusiasm fan, I have to be a little contrarian when I say, with no disrespect meant, there's not a lot to be excited about there. Realistic perhaps, but nothing to get too euphoric about. I genuinely wish them the very best, but I'm not sure what their big plan is.

There are some good guys involved, but why be bothered?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3462428)   #27
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Proud to see that they are wearing Kiwi Racesuits! Got my full support.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3462517)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Whilst I've often admired your enthusiasm fan, I have to be a little contrarian when I say, with no disrespect meant, there's not a lot to be excited about there. Realistic perhaps, but nothing to get too euphoric about. I genuinely wish them the very best, but I'm not sure what their big plan is.

There are some good guys involved, but why be bothered?
To purchase the #6 REC and become a permanent part of Prodrive Racing Australia's lineup?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Oct 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3462616)   #29
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
To purchase the #6 REC and become a permanent part of Prodrive Racing Australia's lineup?
I don't think Prodrive own it anymore?
Old 10 Oct 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3462973)   #30
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
PR, you are 100% correct, Rusty French and Rod Nash purchased the entire FPR operation of Prodrive well over a year ago.

On another note its good to see Ant and Andre doing a solid job, definitely not last, and if they can keep focused a top 20 result or even top 15 is on the card's, well done guys.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3463088)   #31
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Martin Collins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
PR, you are 100% correct, Rusty French and Rod Nash purchased the entire FPR operation of Prodrive well over a year ago.

On another note its good to see Ant and Andre doing a solid job, definitely not last, and if they can keep focused a top 20 result or even top 15 is on the card's, well done guys.
Mark a top 20 shouldn't be too hard, there are only 26 entries. Even we (TKR)finished 16th out of about 55 entries in our first Bathurst back in 2000.

Super Black need to be a bit more KIWI, two kiwi drivers in a black car run by FPR? Thoughts people?
Old 11 Oct 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3463453)   #32
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Collins View Post

Super Black need to be a bit more KIWI, two kiwi drivers in a black car run by FPR? Thoughts people?
Are you forfarking real?? Seriously???????????

what about;
Team Kiwi Racing run by a fat pie eating Australian?? Hardly Kiwi
Dean Fiore, Shae Davies, Steve Owen, Adam Macrow?? Hardly Kiwi's
TKR Cars run by anyone brave enough to risk their $$ with DJ; including Paul Morris Motorsport & a technical alliance with FPR.... Hardly Kiwi.

So how can you possibly criticise SuperBlack for not being 'Kiwi' enough.

Anyone with half a clue would know that the only way to get anywhere near the pointy end of the field is to form an alliance with a major V8SC player, which is exactly what Superblack have done. Good on them & I'm hoping for a great result from them later today.

As for TKR.... Pffffffffftttttt..

Last edited by CDM; 11 Oct 2014 at 20:22. Reason: changed quote
Old 11 Oct 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3463486)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Rusty French & Rod Nash bought Prodrive Racing Australia and kept the company name (reportedly part of the deal).

The company name is still Prodrive Racing Australia.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3463527)   #34
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best of luck to SBR today. At least they are not the very last on the grid! I saw how they managed to reduce their laptimes by up to 3s over the last few days.
Keep it clean and bring it home....race about to start!!!
Old 12 Oct 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3463560)   #35
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Are you forfarking real?? Seriously???????????

what about;
Team Kiwi Racing run by a fat pie eating Australian?? Hardly Kiwi
Dean Fiore, Shae Davies, Steve Owen, Adam Macrow?? Hardly Kiwi's
TKR Cars run by anyone brave enough to risk their $$ with DJ; including Paul Morris Motorsport & a technical alliance with FPR.... Hardly Kiwi.

So how can you possibly criticise SuperBlack for not being 'Kiwi' enough.

Anyone with half a clue would know that the only way to get anywhere near the pointy end of the field is to form an alliance with a major V8SC player, which is exactly what Superblack have done. Good on them & I'm hoping for a great result from them later today.

As for TKR.... Pffffffffftttttt..
Nice you have an opinion to CDM.
David may have been Aussie and rubbed many people the wrong way but from day one all of us on the crew where Kiwi and took real pride in doing it the Kiwi way. And drivers while I was managing it Jason Richards, Angus Fogg, John Mac, Craid Baird, Paul Radisch.
Hope you enjoy todays race CDM. Apologies for not having '' half a clue''.

Last edited by Martin Collins; 12 Oct 2014 at 01:11.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3463748)   #36
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice you have an opinion to CDM.
David may have been Aussie and rubbed many people the wrong way but from day one all of us on the crew where Kiwi and took real pride in doing it the Kiwi way. And drivers while I was managing it Jason Richards, Angus Fogg, John Mac, Craid Baird, Paul Radisch.
Hope you enjoy todays race CDM. Apologies for not having '' half a clue''.
Quote:
Thoughts people?
Did you not ask for opinions???

Yes DJ did rub a number of people up the wrong way, ****ed them off, ripped them off, whatever you call it

Yes he also did give a lot of good Kiwi drivers a 'DRIVE', however I don't believe that Team Kiwi made any tangible difference to the careers of either Jason Richards, Angus Fogg, John Mac, Craid Baird or Paul Radisch.

And FYI I certainly didn't say you don't have half a clue, but 110% stand by my comment that the only way to have a chance in the CURRENT v8sc series is to align with a top team... What are your thoughts???

Last edited by CDM; 12 Oct 2014 at 06:32.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3463835)   #37
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
**** YEAH!!!!! P11 for the wildcard. Awesome drive from our boys in what has to be the most epic bathurst ever.

Can't say enuff.....just so stoked
Old 12 Oct 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3463874)   #38
Martin Collins
Rookie

New Zealand
Hampton Downs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Did you not ask for opinions???

Yes DJ did rub a number of people up the wrong way, ****ed them off, ripped them off, whatever you call it

Yes he also did give a lot of good Kiwi drivers a 'DRIVE', however I don't believe that Team Kiwi made any tangible difference to the careers of either Jason Richards, Angus Fogg, John Mac, Craid Baird or Paul Radisch.

And FYI I certainly didn't say you don't have half a clue, but 110% stand by my comment that the only way to have a chance in the CURRENT v8sc series is to align with a top team... What are your thoughts???
My thoughts....
The new SBR did a great job today in an amazing race. Two great drivers who drove with focus.
And yes I do believe being able to work with a race winning team is the way to go... but would still love to see some Kiwi talent changing wheels and fueling the car.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3463885)   #39
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
**** YEAH!!!!! P11 for the wildcard. Awesome drive from our boys in what has to be the most epic bathurst ever.

Can't say enuff.....just so stoked
epic? more like ****ing insane! I'm not even sure I believe what I just watched
Old 13 Oct 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3464258)   #40
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brings up the whole vexed question of Safety Cars yet again. Why not a race Control operated speed limiter via in ground track loops instead?

I really don't agree that letting cars unlap themselves and getting to within 200m of the leader again is particularly fair, especially if the leader hasn't made any mistakes.

Pity that the Sky recording, switched on after 100 laps as we had to go out, cut off with 25 laps to go... Had to then set it to record the Highlights this morning at 10:30 as I didn't want to read the paper or listen to the radio.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3464277)   #41
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome effort SBR considering you are up with some class outfits. Good call going with FPR, slow start but good job on remaining on the same lap and good pace later in the race.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3464295)   #42
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Rumour has it that had fuel not been miscalculated, they would have finished P6!!!
Old 13 Oct 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3464367)   #43
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rumour has it that had fuel not been miscalculated, they would have finished P6!!!
Yes they were on for a great finish. Me and a few mates were keeping a keen eye on them, amazed that they were doing so well. The last we saw them they were in about 8th theoretically not having to pit again, as they had filled after Frosty at the end of the last safety car stint, but unfortunately as you say, they must have miscalculated and needed to pit again?

Surprisingly I think they may actually be disappointed with p11, but the fact is they did great and they should be very proud of hanging in there and keeping it clean in such a shambolic race (In a good way).
Old 13 Oct 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3464466)   #44
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They were sitting in 7th during those closing laps, so you may well be right.

Outstanding drive from both drivers. I thought the aggression they showed at times was awesome, but they also showed a lot of control and maturity while others floundered. Hoping now that they can get a car together for next season.

Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3464867)   #45
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
As usual, the Herald failed to mention them... Well done guys.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3464913)   #46
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if they're on the grid next season, who drives? Down to who brings the most $$$ if those Superblack logos can't be replaced?
Old 14 Oct 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3465126)   #47
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Speedcafe story here which proves the rumour mill (i.e should have been a top 6 finish)

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/10/14/...lack-wildcard/

Now, if you want to see a true 'hater' in action, then scroll down towards the 'comments' section of this story. Have a read at what someone called 'The Stig' has written.

Makes us all look like little lambs really
Old 15 Oct 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3465168)   #48
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Speedcafe story here which proves the rumour mill (i.e should have been a top 6 finish)

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/10/14/...lack-wildcard/

Now, if you want to see a true 'hater' in action, then scroll down towards the 'comments' section of this story. Have a read at what someone called 'The Stig' has written.

Makes us all look like little lambs really
Ah the Speedcafe comments section - the 'baby that wont stop crying' of the internet.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 05:40 (Ref:3465193)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda. Didnt.

Great effort by the pilots, and the team led by Mr Ceprnich. You could hear his advice and coaching regularly on the radio, helping egg the drivers along

Lotsa noise in the funny papers that SBR II is planning a 2 car main game squad next year
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Oct 2014, 23:43 (Ref:3465469)   #50
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
^^ Mr Lentino must have deep pockets, or has secured some huuuge funding if thats to happen. It would be cool to see a 2 car kiwi team in the V8$C series.

I wonder who would drive?