Heidfeld 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Other 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Sep 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2764740)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Singapore GP

The driver of the race is...
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2764743)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jarno for thinking "Bugger this-a I'll put-a my own fire out!"
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2764749)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fernando Alonso was supreme.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2764752)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica for the immense overtaking at the end
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2764756)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica. Would have been Alonso if not for Kubica's great overtakes.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2764758)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Almost gave it to Teflonso, but Kubica,

Actually, I change my vote. I will give it to Ferrari's chosen one.

Last edited by Born Racer; 26 Sep 2010 at 14:11.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2764785)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso

Huge honourable for Kubica and for Mark Webber too for two good recovery drives.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2764806)   #8
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I might be the only one but I voted for Kobayashi as I found him interesting to watch in this race, shame he went out early as I think hes going to be a dark horse and in future races hes really going to show his potential.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2764824)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Massa; a great drive especially as he started from the pits.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2764826)   #10
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso was great all day. Vettel did not really put any pressure on him or even get close enough all day to mount a serious move-pass. Webber had some good moves trying to make his strategy work. Kubica great on the fresh tyres.

But. I am going to strangely give it to Rosberg. Once again you only have to look at where his team mate finished...Rosberg is driving the wheels off that car lap after lap without making mistakes and getting good solid points finishes. He has been doing it all year so I think he has for the first time getting my vote for showing a similar pace to Button despite having nowhere near the car under him
Old 26 Sep 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2764833)   #11
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wish I could also vote for Kovalainen for putting the fire out because there were no marshalls and for staying in the car as long as he did.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2764855)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it has to be Teflonso. Got pole and won the race. What else do you want?

Second place has be Vettel. Did a solid job and managed to challenge Teflonso at the end.

Third place has to be Webber. Was on the backfoot with 5th place in qualifying, but thanks to the safety car pit and and some good overtaking. He also learnt from Turkey and survived a collision(this time with Hamilton). I think it is quite likely he will be world champion.

Fourth driver of the day Kubica. I hope the Renault next year is a championship winning car. His late pit(due to a slow puncture). But why didn't Renault give him a set of soft tyres? Anyway great overtakes at the end.

Dummy of the race goes to Hamilton!!! Even though I'm a Lewis fan, this was a massive mistake!!! You have got to finish races!!!! I can't help but thinking his chances are over now!!!

Schumi also had a terrible race!!!
Old 26 Sep 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2764856)   #13
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica. What a demonstration of talent.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2764896)   #14
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
I wish I could also vote for Kovalainen for putting the fire out because there were no marshalls and for staying in the car as long as he did.
If he had stopped by a marshals post rather than the pitwall he may have had marshals to him quicker.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2764901)   #15
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me. It was a near flawless performance.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2764905)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey;2764
I though it was flawless.
Alonso for me. It was a near flawless performance.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2764915)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Kubica for the immense overtaking at the end

Can't disagree with that
Old 26 Sep 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2764941)   #18
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I just assumed that he could've gone faster at some point

It really comes down to your definition of flawless. What I should perhaps have said was "I thought it was close to perfection", because I subscribe to the notion that nothing can be perfect.

Ahem. It was an amazingly good performence from Alonso.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2764961)   #19
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Alonso was flawless today and gets my vote
Old 26 Sep 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2764991)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Kubica. Immense demonstration of overtaking skill.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2765055)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso, obviously.

(yes, again)
Old 26 Sep 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2765076)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Alonso.

Cos when the chips are down.....

Big ups to Glock for making a few drivers in substantially better cars look pretty stupid early in the race when he was temporarily high up the order. Great show of fair defensive driving until Hulkenberg barged him off!

Webber for playing 'hard man' in the battle with Hamilton and clearly having 'champions' luck in not sustaining damage (and keeping cool when it looked like that early tyre change strategy appeared to be utterly hopeless)

Rosberg for doggedly hanging onto Button for large parts of the race.

Massa for not deliberately driving into a wall and bringing an early end to what was probably his worst ever race.

Schumacher for driving like we would have expected from Kobayashi who incidentally was behind him for ages.

Kubica for his late race side show, proving you can overtake round there.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2765103)   #23
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica for thrashing the field on a track where its impossible to overtake, altho he did have fresh boots
Old 26 Sep 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2765169)   #24
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
barrichello gets it for me. Nothing flashy but put together a very smart drive with good consistent pace.

alonso put together a champions weekend.

klien did a fantastic job for the time he was out there.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2765212)   #25
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My voting record will show I rarely give DOTR to the guy who goes from pole to flag, and Alonso's performance was one of these rare times.

It really was an immense battle with Vettel on the timing charts, and the pressure must have been huge having the RBR on his tail the whole race.

This was classic Alonso driving and why he is so exciting to watch, and very fast too. I thought he really showed his experience today when he did exactly what he needed to do to have a chance in the championship.

He drove at 9/10ths to 10/10ths all race, and dealt with traffic well, and brought the car home.

Other drivers that talked about the importance of getting a good finish, did not follow through on it.