Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Mar 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3225791)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Teams Mates Comparison 2013

Here we go again. I have begun with the teams I think are more interesting (hopefully I will increase the "coverage" later ;-p ).
Code:
TEAM     AUS MAL             Rel 
================================
VET-WEB  101 111 = 5-1 (VET) 78% Advantage
ALO-MAS  011 000 = 2-4 (MAS) 31% Similar
HAM-ROS  111 101 = 5-1 (HAM) 78% Advantage
RAI-GRO  111 100 = 4-2 (RAI) 31% Similar
BUT-PER  101 100 = 3-3 (---)  0% Equalness
SUT-DIR  011 111 = 5-1 (SUT) 78% Advantage
================================
The most interesting thing as now is probably Massa's "embarrasing" pace. It's yet too early, of course, but last season Massa needed 12 GPs to get 4 points (this season just 2 GPs).
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3225809)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks mate ! Let's go with the driver's battles !
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3225812)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Given what happened in the last race, isn't this all a bit pointless? Interesting, but pointless.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3225815)   #4
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Au contraire, it is interesting about the psychology of drivers and teams. And all of it translates into points at the end of the season.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3225819)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm highly interested in Seb's psyque !
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3225822)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post
Au contraire, it is interesting about the psychology of drivers and teams. And all of it translates into points at the end of the season.
I agree with that, but you are just using what happens out the on the track as a comparison between the drivers. That's the part that I was saying was pointless, because it's controlled by means other than a drivers capability to score points, fastest laps, win races, etc.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:45 (Ref:3225823)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I'm highly interested in Seb's psyque !
Do you think that it's reached a particular score out of 100?
Old 30 Mar 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3226723)   #8
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I agree with that, but you are just using what happens out the on the track as a comparison between the drivers. That's the part that I was saying was pointless, because it's controlled by means other than a drivers capability to score points, fastest laps, win races, etc.
This type of hard team orders are unusual along a season. It can affect team mates when, for some reason, the "2nd" driver is near of and beats the "1st driver" in several occasions. Historically it is not a very repetitive scenario. Let's say it is not pointless but can be biased in some circumstances.

Even so, one can play with those circumstances to see how the score could have been. For example, Red Bull score in Sepang could have been 100 without team orders. At the end of the season one can analyze if team orders have altered the conclusions.