Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Aug 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3123739)   #876
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
The more the better , I agree , then they will have to limit the chassis entry , otherwise they end up turning away teams , and WEC teams are guaranteed before any new works effort .
Speaking of which, it doesn't make sense now to turn away all-pro teams or additional entries from those existing teams because of GT-Am (almost solely because it, because to call something a class there needs to be certain amount of entries in it). There isn't much space to grow for P1 unless GT-Am is dropped, which makes dropping it inevitable.

Last edited by deggis; 23 Aug 2012 at 20:39.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3123778)   #877
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
There isn't much space to grow for P1 unless GT-Am is dropped, which makes dropping it inevitable.
Let's hope so!
Old 24 Aug 2012, 02:00 (Ref:3123884)   #878
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The more the better , I agree , then they will have to limit the chassis entry , otherwise they end up turning away teams , and WEC teams are guaranteed before any new works effort .
If P1 numbers were in the 20s, the WEC would revert to a P1 and GTE grid only. That is about 30-40 cars? Still enough for a healthy P2 grid.

GTE isn't dead...yet. We all know the issues with GTE and we all want these problems solved. But we have to look at the fact that GTE numbers are down and costs are up.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 05:39 (Ref:3123915)   #879
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
GTE isn't dead...yet. We all know the issues with GTE and we all want these problems solved. But we have to look at the fact that GTE numbers are down and costs are up.
The cost was one of the main reasons for the demise of GT1 ..... I reckon the cost of GTE is getting close to what GT1 was at the time is finished in ACO sanctioned events .

Why did the rule makers let this happen , cuz of the manufacturers ?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3123917)   #880
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A really riveting discussion gentleman, but do you really think that it belongs under the Porsche LMP1 thread?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3124102)   #881
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
A really riveting discussion gentleman, but do you really think that it belongs under the Porsche LMP1 thread?
I agree:-), why not talking about the design of the P1 Porsche????
Old 24 Aug 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3124106)   #882
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Because there isn't much to talk about it?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3124108)   #883
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , I have heard some things , other private source , but not at liberty to say ..... but a few surprises and raised eyebrows .
Old 24 Aug 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3124112)   #884
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well , I have heard some things , other private source , but not at liberty to say ..... but a few surprises and raised eyebrows .
Then you don't know anything.
Tell us, or we don't believe you!
Old 24 Aug 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3124133)   #885
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Because there isn't much to talk about it?
Deleated
Old 24 Aug 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3124134)   #886
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
In the good sense I hope.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3124152)   #887
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The cost was one of the main reasons for the demise of GT1 ..... I reckon the cost of GTE is getting close to what GT1 was at the time is finished in ACO sanctioned events .

Why did the rule makers let this happen , cuz of the manufacturers ?
It is the natural cycle of a sportscar class (I made this up).
1) Class begins with simple cars.
2) Car numbers greatly increase.
3) Manufacturers get interested, start joining. (In this case, the demise of GT1 lead to more manufacturers in GT2)
4) Competition increases, development increases, costs increase.
5) Teams/cars begin to leave.
6) DEATH

Right now, GTE is somewhere between step 3 and 5. We have seen many cars leave (Spyker, Jaguar, Ford) but also many join (Aston Martin, Lotus, Dodge). There is still interest but the rules need to be addressed in order to help teams a little and reduce costs.

Quote:
Think of it as our duty to keep this thread at the top of the thread list and not in the waste land known as "page 2".
Plus, I like talking to The Badger.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3124158)   #888
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Right. I was just inquiring whether you thought the discussion was relevant to the title of the thread. You obviously do, so full speed ahead.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3124159)   #889
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It is the natural cycle of a sportscar class (I made this up).
1) Class begins with simple cars.
2) Car numbers greatly increase.
3) Manufacturers get interested, start joining. (In this case, the demise of GT1 lead to more manufacturers in GT2)
4) Competition increases, development increases, costs increase.
5) Teams/cars begin to leave.
6) DEATH

Right now, GTE is somewhere between step 3 and 5. We have seen many cars leave (Spyker, Jaguar, Ford) but also many join (Aston Martin, Lotus, Dodge). There is still interest but the rules need to be addressed in order to help teams a little and reduce costs.

Think of it as our duty to keep this thread at the top of the thread list and not in the waste land known as "page 2".
Plus, I like talking to The Badger.
Quote:
Right. I was just inquiring whether you thought the discussion was relevant to the title of the thread. You obviously do, so full speed ahead.
Your right Spyderman. The GTE discussion should not be placed in the Porsche LMP1 thread.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3124162)   #890
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Porsche dumping LMP1 and heading to NASCAR?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3124185)   #891
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
I hope you know that I said that in a joking manner. Hence the tongue face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Porsche dumping LMP1 and heading to NASCAR?
If Porsche goes to NASCAR, then Ford goes to Le Mans.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 06:43 (Ref:3124386)   #892
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ford going to Le Mans isn't out of the question but Porsche to Nascar. Not gonna happen...ever.

This is more like If Porsche goes to NASCAR, then AvtoVAZ goes to Le Mans.
Neither will ever happen.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 06:50 (Ref:3124387)   #893
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Ford going to Le Mans isn't out of the question but Porsche to Nascar. Not gonna happen...ever.

"Porsche will never build a 4-door diesel"?
Old 25 Aug 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3124418)   #894
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I hope you know that I said that in a joking manner. Hence the tongue face.

Ford could go to Le Mans ..... Porsche on the other hand , dont race hick farm machinery and run donuts !!!

Interesting stuff on the new Porsche , Its a bit of a grey area as to weather its legal or not , but its aero , thats all I can say .
Old 25 Aug 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3124419)   #895
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Kinda like Rowen Atkinson driving a TSO-30 !!!
Old 25 Aug 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3124425)   #896
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Interesting stuff on the new Porsche , Its a bit of a grey area as to weather its legal or not , but its aero , thats all I can say .
Interesting the car is this advanced that they already have Aero designs.

But thank you Badger, when are you able to tell us more?

Last edited by CTD; 25 Aug 2012 at 08:47.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3124435)   #897
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Toyota is pushing the envelope now, it's nothing even special either, so I wouldn't expect anything drastic.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3124475)   #898
The Badger
Veteran

I think their work on the rear wing is special .....everybody ranting and roaring pre season at first glimse of the Audi ..... and this isnt special !!!

Wouldnt surprise me to see them batter Audi come 2013 ..... this is a development year for the TSO-30 afterall , and look at how well its going .

Took the lead fair and square from Audi at Le Mans ..... thats special enough for me .

And the rear wing is special enough that nobody else has tried it ..... wonder who will sprout one of those next ?
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3124486)   #899
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's TS030 not TSO-30, we were talking about english and how literate 'my bad' was so we can atleast get this right no?
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3124495)   #900
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Porsche are further in this project than I expected. Great news!