Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Oct 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3153876)   #101
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Another reason I like to be sure to the track early. On more than one occasion, I've seen a one off entry eliminated during early testing and practice.

Interesting comment by Bryan Sellers when asked if the Delta Wing was hard to see? His reply, "No way! That thing looks like a jet landing!. It has lights all over it." I agree. Couldn't believe how bright those lights are.
Do you have a link to that interview? A bunch of friends are convinced that the accidents are because other cars cant see it.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3153888)   #102
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Do you have a link to that interview? A bunch of friends are convinced that the accidents are because other cars cant see it.
Here's a shot while it was running yesterday. Not the best photo, but you can see the lights. Two very bright lights on the outside of the rear wings and two smaller ones on the front. Coming down the track all you see are four very bright lights.

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p...ing_o_2143.jpg
Old 18 Oct 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3153893)   #103
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really doesn't take much to push the Delta Wing off - same style of hit as LeMans this year. Scary to see it go upside down so easily, glad nobody was hurt. That is a serious flaw of its design having narrow front/wide rear, it gets very unstable when hit from the side...
Old 18 Oct 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3153894)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing quite like a morning beer in T6. This one's for you, joeb.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1350572166058.jpg  
Old 18 Oct 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3153897)   #105
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I also meant to add, I really don't like black race cars. There is a popular belief going around that black is secretive, stealthy and cool. I really like black in certain situations like dressing (black tie event or a night out), but for race cars I think it is silly and, possibly, dangerous. Besides, why spend millions of dollars designing, building and racing something that is hard to see?

Corvette's bright yellow cars are some of the easiest to see. They know that they want the prototypes that are 60-80 mph faster than them to see them. Plus, they have a distinctive look that people recognize and the color serves as a good backdrop for the sponsors.

Black absorbs light. Colorful is the opposite and a lot of colors are reflected and displayed to the eyes. That's why we call it a 'colorful' sport. The cars are beautiful. Show them off, don't try to hide them!

I really liked the Champion Audis with their white and then cool reflective strips that lit up a night when the flashes hit them from the cameras. I liked the Panoz silver with Visteon black accents. That was classy and was pleasant to see.

Since I've been vocal about this thought over the years I figured that I should try some experimentation on my own. We play a fair amount of beach volleyball (played five games last night after being up at the track all day). Anyway, I have a yellow shirt, an orange shirt and a black one. When wearing them, I have watched for the different reactions from the other players, especially, the other team.

What I have found is that when I'm wearing the yellow or orange shirt, it gets the attention of the other players, especially, the spikers. When attempting to block a spike, it works to my advantage because it attracts the attention of their vision transferring the information to the brain before anything else. As a result, they either hit out of bounds more often or mis-hit the ball a higher percentage of the time and I get more blocks. Wearing the black shirt does not have these effects. When I am tired or not up to my 'A' game, I'll wear the black shirt. When I'm ready for some action, I wear the yellow or orange shirt.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3153942)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Nothing quite like a morning beer in T6. This one's for you, joeb.
Thanks Jeremy. Wish I was there!
Old 18 Oct 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3153988)   #107
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Practice 2 is underway.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3154004)   #108
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Now to catch a plane to Atlanta
Hey Andy, look me up when you get here. I want to show you something that I think you will like.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3154046)   #109
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Cyber Motor heard it in person in one of the tours we gave to 10 Tenth members.

Thanks to all who came out! We had a few more users show up today. It's been a busy morning for sure, but it was nice to briefly meet and chat with everyone.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3154082)   #110
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
What's the best way to show support during the race for you guys?
Old 18 Oct 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3154103)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Night Practice; one of my favorite tours of the year. Top of the hill in T2.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1350602068419.jpg  
Old 18 Oct 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3154105)   #112
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn, were the vipers sandbagging like hell before? Tommy Kendall in the 93 is now only 7 tenths off the gt pace from last practice and is now fastest this practice

Edit: as I say that corvette and BMW go faster. Yay America :P

Also, didn't see time was set by Marc goosens
Old 18 Oct 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3154114)   #113
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Damn, were the vipers sandbagging like hell before? Tommy Kendall in the 93 is now only 7 tenths off the gt pace from last practice and is now fastest this practice

Edit: as I say that corvette and BMW go faster. Yay America :P

Also, didn't see time was set by Marc goosens
Weight break on the Vipers also coming into play. Yay BoP!

With regards to your Yay America comment, BMW exports more $$ worth of automobiles from the U.S. than any other automobile manufacturer. #jussayin

Can't wait to get to the track, will be my 3rd PLM after 20 Sebrings!
Old 19 Oct 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3154188)   #114
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Night Practice; one of my favorite tours of the year. Top of the hill in T2.
Yeah , it must be great to hear them coming up the hill and suddenly nurst into view screaming ..... happy days .

Noticed there wasnt much mention in the new ACO regs about noise regulation either ?
Old 19 Oct 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3154220)   #115
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Weight break on the Vipers also coming into play. Yay BoP!

With regards to your Yay America comment, BMW exports more $$ worth of automobiles from the U.S. than any other automobile manufacturer. #jussayin

Can't wait to get to the track, will be my 3rd PLM after 20 Sebrings!
Viper started at 1295kg. It was overweight compared to the others in gte. So if it is lighter now its really just at the weight the gte class is suppose to be
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3154389)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody know how qualifying is going to go for the DW? Do they qualify or just start from the back? If it is the latter I'm sure they will be making the passes on gt cars very carefully!
Old 19 Oct 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3154391)   #117
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Anybody know how qualifying is going to go for the DW? Do they qualify or just start from the back? If it is the latter I'm sure they will be making the passes on gt cars very carefully!
At Le Mans the car qualified and started from the grid slot in which it qualified. I see no reason why it won't do so here too, if they were allowed to do so at the big event.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3154409)   #118
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
At Le Mans the car qualified and started from the grid slot in which it qualified. I see no reason why it won't do so here too, if they were allowed to do so at the big event.
Because in the past unclassified cars such as the 911 Hybrid have not been allowed to qualify and have had to start at the back.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3154410)   #119
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Because in the past unclassified cars such as the 911 Hybrid have not been allowed to qualify and have had to start at the back.
Yeah, I see your point, checked again and "unclassified" cars have been allowed to qualify and start the race from their grid slot in ACO-run races (Le Mans this year, Zhuhai 2010 with the Porsche hybrid), but not in ALMS (your example, plus the isobutanol Dyson Lola in '09).
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3154416)   #120
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
So, the final practice before Qualifying stacks up like this.
LMP1- 1:10.565
LMP2- 1:13.182
DW- 1:13.835
LMPC- 1:14.836
GT- 1:18.766
GTAm- 1:21.798
GTC- 1:24.155
Old 19 Oct 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3154419)   #121
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
And crucially, the fastest P1 car was... Rebellion.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3154422)   #122
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And crucially, the fastest P1 car was... Rebellion.
Its not over till the fat lady sings during qualy Victor

What time is that at CET please ?
Old 19 Oct 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3154435)   #123
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
CET should be 6 hours ahead of Eastern, so Qualifying for you, Badger, I think will be at 8:00.

Another note about that practice, is that the GT classes were all clear of each other. All the GT-Am cars were ahead of the GTCs, and all the GTs were ahead of the GT-Ams.
Old 19 Oct 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3154480)   #124
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, ESM has really hit their stride this year! They're qualified 1-2 in GT!

Vipers in fifth behind the corvettes and bmw, good promise
Old 19 Oct 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3154483)   #125
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proof if it were ever needed that ESM don't need the ESM specific .6 larger restrictor.