Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3777238)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis Hamilton Champion

Woo. Champion! Four time champion! None of your pathetic only three times champion here

Well done sir. Just got better and better through the year.

Another one next year?
Old 29 Oct 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3777271)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
God, I hope not.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3777273)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now he has as many as Vettel!

Just a wee hand grenade there
Old 29 Oct 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3777274)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Deserved champion but four titles is enough.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3777308)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Be great for him to get a 5th. Be an interesting race now between Lewis and Seb to see who can match Fangio first...or will max spoil the party?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 00:06 (Ref:3777318)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Be great for him to get a 5th. Be an interesting race now between Lewis and Seb to see who can match Fangio first...or will max spoil the party?
Next season is nicely set up, regarding which of them can win 5 WDCs. If Vertappen were to win, he would be the youngest ever to win it, which would be a feat in itself and it would bring RBR right back into the Mix and break Mercedes' dominance. Though having said that, I would like to see Vettel win, only because a Ferrari driver hasn't won the WDC, since Raikkonen in 2007 and I don't see Kimi winning a second championship but I could be wrong.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3777472)   #7
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Deserved champion but four titles is enough.
is it?

What's the plan, for him to retire until someone as good in a decent car comes along?

He should keep trying and keep winning.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3777526)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
big congrats to LH! drove wonderfully since the summer break and generally excellent form all season long. some poor starts but very few mistakes otherwise!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3777593)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
is it?
For me it is.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 05:48 (Ref:3777364)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations! I'm glad to see him champion again...
Kudos to him!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3777392)   #11
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations. A very mature season where he gained lots of respect regardless of the outcome.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3777413)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Good job. He kept his head whilst his main rival did not.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3777428)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis does seem to make a meal of his end-of-season races, when the pressure starts to come off. He can't really be feeling very pleased with the way he confirmed his 4th championship, but he can be very proud of the season as a whole. Championships are won over the long haul.

Remember back in Hungary when we were all wondering whether the three points given up to return the place to Valtteri would cost Lewis the championship? Now it's looking like a great move for Valtteri! Making 15 points over Seb in two races seems a lot easier that 18. This could yet be a Mercedes one-two.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3777612)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Lewis does seem to make a meal of his end-of-season races, when the pressure starts to come off. He can't really be feeling very pleased with the way he confirmed his 4th championship, but he can be very proud of the season as a whole. Championships are won over the long haul.

Made a meal of it? Only because somebody in a red car was eating his porridge then..... After Vettel's clumsy opening, there was nothing really that Hamilton needed to go banzai over.

A hugely deserved WDC. But if Max's Red Bull is good next season, a 5th for Hamilton or Vettel will need to be hard fought for....
Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3777927)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Made a meal of it? Only because somebody in a red car was eating his porridge then..... After Vettel's clumsy opening, there was nothing really that Hamilton needed to go banzai over.

A hugely deserved WDC. But if Max's Red Bull is good next season, a 5th for Hamilton or Vettel will need to be hard fought for....
Isn’t it Mr Alonso’s turn? He keeps talking as if it is...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Oct 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3777443)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations Mr Hamilton!

Maintain the rage next season. Please.

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3777547)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wasn't quite the classic title fight we were hoping for, but take nothing away from Lewis, he's really be on it pretty much all season
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3777559)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes congratulations to Lewis, bloody good driver and seems to be maturing in the last half of the season. I hope he goes on to more championships but next year he may well have two other drivers to contend with. That should be fun..

As an aside it does demonstrate how underrated Nico was.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3777569)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes congratulations to Lewis, bloody good driver and seems to be maturing in the last half of the season. I hope he goes on to more championships but next year he may well have two other drivers to contend with. That should be fun..

As an aside it does demonstrate how underrated Nico was.
I never thought Nico was underrated, just somewhat marginalized.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3777564)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Seb, Max, Danny and maybe even Fred can give him an even greater challenge in 2018
Old 31 Oct 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3777822)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hamilton is certainly the fastest driver at the mo and is quickly becoming 'complete.'
He has done an amazing job this season. He seemed to relish it more than any other time since 07 & 08.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3777935)   #22
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great, great driver.

Not the nicest chap imo. All this social media stuff he "does for the fans" is for self publicity. He said years ago he is desperate to remain famous after F1.

I see he called the Mexican fans the best in F1. Did he not say the same in the US, Japan and Britain? He loves the fans so long as they fund his lifestyle.

All that said, I hope he stays for a while yet so we can see some great battles between him,Vettel, Danny Ric and the young guns. It all depends on Ferrari. RB and Renault producing better cars.

Savior Hamilton the driver though, he's one of those once in a generation talents. Shame he's such an ass though.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3778001)   #23
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Great, great driver.

Not the nicest chap imo. All this social media stuff he "does for the fans" is for self publicity. He said years ago he is desperate to remain famous after F1.

I see he called the Mexican fans the best in F1. Did he not say the same in the US, Japan and Britain? He loves the fans so long as they fund his lifestyle.
Welcome to the real world, where this happens EVERYWHERE. It is the current way of the world. I'll reserve judgement on his personality if/when I meet him and make a proper assessment.

And just a correction - the fans do not 'fund' his lifestyle any more than the man on the street pays yours. He is paid by Mercedes and has sponsorship deals (which pay for his salary indirectly). Just like every other top sportsman, and indeed you. If you look deep enough.

It interesting, but if people like LH or any top flight sportsman were not making money for the team, then they wouldn't be paid what they are. The team makes more money from them than they make themselves.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3778065)   #24
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Welcome to the real world, where this happens EVERYWHERE. It is the current way of the world. I'll reserve judgement on his personality if/when I meet him and make a proper assessment.

And just a correction - the fans do not 'fund' his lifestyle any more than the man on the street pays yours. He is paid by Mercedes and has sponsorship deals (which pay for his salary indirectly). Just like every other top sportsman, and indeed you. If you look deep enough.

It interesting, but if people like LH or any top flight sportsman were not making money for the team, then they wouldn't be paid what they are. The team makes more money from them than they make themselves.
I have to disagree. Of course the fans fund his lifestyle, same as they do every sportsman. Mercedes only pay him because there is a market base of fans there that make it viable for them to do so. Without merchandising, sky subscriptions and merely people turning up, there would be no multi million pound sportsmen and women. Why do you think all the manufacturers are in F1, for the craic? Look at what Sky can give the Premier League. Why? Because of subscriptions - by fans. Who therefore fund the footballers 250k a week. Same as F1, same as any sport. The money comes from the fans.

Without the fans, Mercedes wouldn't see F1 as a viable marketing tool and wouldn't be there. Wouldn't be paying drivers and wouldn't be making money off them. It starts with the fans. Without them, there is no wealth in sport. It's just sport, same as a load of lads kicking a ball around in the park every Sunday.

You also don't have to meet someone to form a view as to whether you like them or not.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3778142)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I have to disagree. Of course the fans fund his lifestyle, same as they do every sportsman. Mercedes only pay him because there is a market base of fans there that make it viable for them to do so. Without merchandising, sky subscriptions and merely people turning up, there would be no multi million pound sportsmen and women. Why do you think all the manufacturers are in F1, for the craic? Look at what Sky can give the Premier League. Why? Because of subscriptions - by fans. Who therefore fund the footballers 250k a week. Same as F1, same as any sport. The money comes from the fans.

Without the fans, Mercedes wouldn't see F1 as a viable marketing tool and wouldn't be there. Wouldn't be paying drivers and wouldn't be making money off them. It starts with the fans. Without them, there is no wealth in sport. It's just sport, same as a load of lads kicking a ball around in the park every Sunday.

You also don't have to meet someone to form a view as to whether you like them or not.
You really could not be more wrong. The fans mean nothing to Mercedes - how many fans do you think buy brand new Mercedes road cars?
The MB marketing is to people who can afford new Mercs and are influenced by advertising the success, technology, reliability and engineering that F1 bestows on the brand.