Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Jun 2006, 15:02 (Ref:1640309)   #14
Robin Webster
Rookie

Robin Webster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the replys guys.

I've been away from the site for a while.

There are other reasons for thinking about the procedure, including having a seven year old jump on me on a regular basis! Her knees magically always find my tender bits and sticky sweety covered fingers my glasses!!

One good thing, learnt from my early motorcycle days, is washing up liquid on the inside of visors and glasses. A LITTLE on the inside, polished and let dry. Then buff up so you can see no marks or smears. Your visor/glasses will not steam up then. But on a rainy day in an open car rain WILL find it's way to your glasses and you can not just blink to clean them!

Clarity of vision is obviously very important to racing drivers. Some guy's are just more talented than others. I see, through instructing, that some have something extra over the normal. What is that?

Quicker reaction times? A more sensative inner ear, giving better ballance? Clearer eye site giving more information?

In a recent article in the motorcycle press Troy Corser (World Superbike Champ) claimed to be able to count the seeds in a sun flower head whilst doing 80 mph in a car driven past the field it was in buy a friend!

Somewere in the back of my mind may be the thought that it might improve my ability ultimately. To fullfil my dreams to be "one of the quick lads".

I post on a few forums relating to my various interests and I am very conscious of my spelling. I am slightly dyslexic and there is a theory that dyslexia hinders your hand eye co-ordination. An important thing in the activity we persue.

Yet a few of my colleagues at Silverstone Drive are dyslexic as is Jackie Stewart. One very good young man in international racing beneath F1 is dyslexic. So maybe that theory is Bo-locks!!

Anyway, apart from the first stated reasons there are more related to performance, fashion, vanity, practicality etc etc......

Robin. or that is the question!