Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Apr 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3898917)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2019 SRO America: Virginia International Raceway

Happy Easter everyone!
Next weekend, SRO's Blancpain GT World Challenge America, GT4 America and TC America series are all back in action at VIR.

Looking forward to this one, as I'll be taking a road trip to visit VIR for the first time.

Schedule

Entry List (GT3)
Entry List (GT4 Sprint & SprintX)
Entry List (TC Classes)

Live Stream (Website)
Live Stream (GTWorld YouTube)

Live Timing and Scoring

Track Map

Weather (Racecast Weather)
Weather (National Weather Service)

Tickets

@SROAmerica on Twitter
Old 21 Apr 2019, 23:25 (Ref:3898929)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TCR is not looking good.
Old 21 Apr 2019, 23:57 (Ref:3898931)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the race thread! Spring is in the air and everything is blooming. Should be a beautiful setting for the race.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3898995)   #4
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT3 dropped as expected, but 17 is still ok, hopefully they gradually gain again through the season too
Old 22 Apr 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3899040)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I love VIR speaking from the standpoint of only ever watched races on tv and never been there in person.

I'm thinking of going as a last minute thing. I work Friday and Sunday morning so would only be able to attend Saturday and keeping in mind it's 650 miles away.

I can get a one way rental car for a total of $28 to drive up there Friday afternoon and have Saturday for the races. Then can fly home Saturday night for $49 one way direct flight.

Is this crazy? Can someone who's been to VIR chime in about how the track is for spectators or talk me into or out of this?
Old 23 Apr 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3899069)   #6
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I love VIR speaking from the standpoint of only ever watched races on tv and never been there in person.

I'm thinking of going as a last minute thing. I work Friday and Sunday morning so would only be able to attend Saturday and keeping in mind it's 650 miles away.

I can get a one way rental car for a total of $28 to drive up there Friday afternoon and have Saturday for the races. Then can fly home Saturday night for $49 one way direct flight.

Is this crazy? Can someone who's been to VIR chime in about how the track is for spectators or talk me into or out of this?

Do it!

I haven't been before either, but that's totally not crazy. I only decided a few weeks ago to drive to VIR from here in the Midwest. You won't be the only VIR rookie from a long ways away!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 23 Apr 2019 at 01:09.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 02:42 (Ref:3899086)   #7
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Do it!

I haven't been before either, but that's totally not crazy. I only decided a few weeks ago to drive to VIR from here in the Midwest. You won't be the only VIR rookie from a long ways away!
Well I guess I'm doing it! I procrastinated on the plane ticket which worked in my favor as I got one for $38 now. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to splurge on a cheap motel Friday or just sleep in the car.

I've always wanted to go to VIR, figured it would be for IMSA but this will work. I've done something similar to this going to Barber and to the Indy 500 before where I drove up and flew back real cheap both ways. Beats sitting at home on my day off! I'll see you there!
Old 23 Apr 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3899176)   #8
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Well I guess I'm doing it! I procrastinated on the plane ticket which worked in my favor as I got one for $38 now. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to splurge on a cheap motel Friday or just sleep in the car.

I've always wanted to go to VIR, figured it would be for IMSA but this will work. I've done something similar to this going to Barber and to the Indy 500 before where I drove up and flew back real cheap both ways. Beats sitting at home on my day off! I'll see you there!
Heck of a deal! I'll be the guy in his mid 20's with a gray Lizard hat and probably a camera in hand. See you there!
Old 23 Apr 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3899203)   #9
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@lankeyturtle wife and I went to VIR for the PWC event in 2017 and absolutely loved it. Would love to get back in the near future! Great viewing from all over the circuit
Old 23 Apr 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3899205)   #10
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm from another country, but I'd say do it as well.

VIR looks like a nice facility.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3899237)   #11
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Is this crazy?
Sounds like you have a great plan going, have a blast!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 02:42 (Ref:3899283)   #12
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
.....Is this crazy?
Yes, that is totally insane.
Glad to see my brother and I aren't the only loony race fans out there.

Should be an awesome weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3899298)   #13
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Heck of a deal! I'll be the guy in his mid 20's with a gray Lizard hat and probably a camera in hand. See you there!
Right on I'll be the really tall guy with hair like a caveman and probably a Guns N' Roses shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
@lankeyturtle wife and I went to VIR for the PWC event in 2017 and absolutely loved it. Would love to get back in the near future! Great viewing from all over the circuit
Very good can't wait to check it out Matt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm from another country, but I'd say do it as well.
VIR looks like a nice facility.
I'm doing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Sounds like you have a great plan going, have a blast!
I hope to. Not really looking forward to a 10 hour drive in the rain but should be good saturday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Yes, that is totally insane.
Glad to see my brother and I aren't the only loony race fans out there.

Should be an awesome weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
Yeah I'm getting excited about it now. If I'd planned it a little sooner or had more than one day off work it wouldn't be a big deal, but if that flight gets delayed I'm screwed at work Sunday morning. I'm just going to assume everything will go smoothly though!
Old 24 Apr 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3899432)   #14
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Make sure to stop by the trailer for their tour... they love it when folks have lizard gear on! Have fun! :-)

-mike
Old 24 Apr 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3899492)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Make sure to stop by the trailer for their tour... they love it when folks have lizard gear on! Have fun! :-)

-mike
Don't worry, I never miss the KBru Lizard garage tours!
Old 25 Apr 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3899660)   #16
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VIR Thursday Notebook:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ay-notebook-5/
Old 26 Apr 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3899802)   #17
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the pick 'em for this weekend. Winner gets Panoz signed Hero card https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...VYJVzjzauKSPtg
Old 26 Apr 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3899813)   #18
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT4 Practice 1 notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-ame...actice-at-vir/

Sprint results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp1g4a.pdf

SprintX and East results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp1g4e.pdf
Old 26 Apr 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3899841)   #19
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
GT3 Practice 1 notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...tice-1-at-vir/

And results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp1wcg.pdf

Last edited by cbbrit; 26 Apr 2019 at 18:26.
Old 26 Apr 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3899842)   #20
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
Dane Cameron talks about his return to GT3 racing:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ked-all-boxes/
Old 26 Apr 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3899874)   #21
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
GT4 Practice 2 notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-ame...sion-2-at-vir/
Old 26 Apr 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3899890)   #22
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
GT4 Practice 2 Sprint results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp2g4a.pdf

GT4 Practice 2 SprintX and East results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp2g4e.pdf
Old 26 Apr 2019, 23:34 (Ref:3899891)   #23
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
GT3 Practice 2 notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...on-practice-2/

And results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706fp2wcg.pdf
Old 26 Apr 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3899892)   #24
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
VIR Friday Notebook:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpa...ay-notebook-7/
Old 27 Apr 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3899997)   #25
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
GT4 Sprint Qualifying notes:

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-ame...4-sprint-pole/

And results:

https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=P...1706qu1g4a.pdf

Last edited by cbbrit; 27 Apr 2019 at 14:08.