Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 2017, 06:42 (Ref:3725210)   #1151
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
John,

You should be able to add up to 6 images using the "Manage Attachments" button that appears a little below the message edit box into which we type. They have to be added one at a time afaik but it's not normally too difficult so if you are having problems they should be resolvable.

On Mini (originals) I see there is to be a run of 100 "modernised" continuation Minis available at £50k each.

Presumably they will make more than £10 a car on those.

Somewhere around my part of the world is a chap who buys non-BMW Minis and, in the main, sells them on to the USA un-refurbished.

Nostalgia works in so many mysterious ways.
Thank you. Whenever I've tried before it asks me for a 'url' & there I'm stymied, not being much of a computer geek.

A German company was showing a Broadspeed Mini which somehow didn't look quite right. My new-found French friend from Cambridge says he wants to do a Minisprint next, now he's finished the Crayford - the finishing touches were actually completed whilst waiting for the ferry!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3725211)   #1152
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Terence- what model M3 is it? E30, E36, E46.....

I've not hidden my interest in battery electric vehicles, or BEVs for short, on here previously. This new Merc is really interesting for it's slightly alternative approach...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1tbf8muMc
Mike, I may have found just the thing for you! A German company called EVEX is producing a battery-powered Porsche 910 replica. Probably not eligible for LM Classic though...
Old 10 Apr 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3725240)   #1153
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I notice that the forum has a 'New Member' section.

I wonder if I could get one, I am in need of a replacement.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3725241)   #1154
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I notice that the forum has a 'New Member' section.

Boots not the only thing you've lost Bob?
Old 10 Apr 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3725244)   #1155
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Mike, I may have found just the thing for you! A German company called EVEX is producing a battery-powered Porsche 910 replica. Probably not eligible for LM Classic though...
There is a company in the U.K. that convert classic cars to electric power. Started with a 'dead' Beetle, from memory, but have done other types as well.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3725246)   #1156
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There is a company in the U.K. that convert classic cars to electric power. Started with a 'dead' Beetle, from memory, but have done other types as well.

Shocking, isn't it?
Old 10 Apr 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3725273)   #1157
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Shocking, isn't it?
Could be- depends on the quality of their wiring!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 10:49 (Ref:3725274)   #1158
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Did you ever test an electric bicycle, Robert? Good when the wind blows…
Old 10 Apr 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3725284)   #1159
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Don't mention Bauble & wind in the same sentence, some people will be eating lunch aroundabouts now...
Old 10 Apr 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3725298)   #1160
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Don't mention Bauble & wind in the same sentence, some people will be eating lunch aroundabouts now...
When writing was wondering if in your language a double meaning could exist! Got the answer by now, thanks Viva!!

Jean, an electric replica of 910 for LMC then… Dont neglect the power of half a potato or Kartoffel! In this case, the owner could be asked to add a cucumber and some bananas too but if he doesn't try…
Old 10 Apr 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3725303)   #1161
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
When writing was wondering if in your language a double meaning could exist! Got the answer by now, thanks Viva!!

Jean, an electric replica of 910 for LMC then… Dont neglect the power of half a potato or Kartoffel! In this case, the owner could be asked to add a cucumber and some bananas too but if he doesn't try…
The Elektro Prototyp 910 claims a top speed of 300 km/h & 0-100 km/h in 2.5 seconds so might be quick enough but it weighs 1100kg, which seems quite a lot. At least you don't have to add a tank of fuel to that.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3725306)   #1162
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Elektro Prototyp 910 claims a top speed of 300 km/h & 0-100 km/h in 2.5 seconds so might be quick enough but it weighs 1100kg, which seems quite a lot. At least you don't have to add a tank of fuel to that.
No, but a lorry load of PP9 batteries is going to weigh a bit...
Old 10 Apr 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3725307)   #1163
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
No, but a lorry load of PP9 batteries is going to weigh a bit...
What I meant was the batteries are included in the 1100kg. There's not fuel to add in addition to that.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3725312)   #1164
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Do the French have a word for Whimps? No true cyclist uses an electric bike, only the weak and the weary.

Viva! Wind? give me a break.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3725316)   #1165
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Do the French have a word for Whimps? No true cyclist uses an electric bike, only the weak and the weary.

I suppose you'll be moaning about flat(ulent) tyres next...
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3725318)   #1166
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I suppose you'll be moaning about flat(ulent) tyres next...
Flat! You lent flat tyres?

Sounds about your style.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3725319)   #1167
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Flat! You lent flat tyres?

Sounds about your style.
I may have lent flat tyres, but at least I'm not daft enough to be walking around without any shoes...
Old 10 Apr 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3725332)   #1168
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Whimp yes we have if I understand well, it means "cave". You should have a look to the inventions made for the pro racers. Electric engine hidden in the vertical frame tube attacking the pedal box via a pinion, two plastic bottles, one for the usual medicine the other for the batteries! To detect evidences of cheating, their scrutineers have thermal cameras now!!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3725333)   #1169
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
There's not fuel to add in addition to that.
Of course but ask terence about the weight of half a potato!
It "weights" about 3 000 € ex VAT!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3725336)   #1170
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Whimp yes we have if I understand well, it means "cave". You should have a look to the inventions made for the pro racers. Electric engine hidden in the vertical frame tube attacking the pedal box via a pinion, two plastic bottles, one for the usual medicine the other for the batteries! To detect evidences of cheating, their scrutineers have thermal cameras now!!
Gerard, according to my trusty dictionary the French word for what Bob means by wimp is 'mouillee'.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3725337)   #1171
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Brian Robinson rides one as did the legendary 'Putney Sparrow' Alan Brunsden.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3725343)   #1172
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Gerard, according to my trusty dictionary the French word for what Bob means by wimp is 'mouillee'.
Jean you miss "poule mouillée". It could mean cave or naze or tapette also.
From some of Bob's words you're directly sent to Michel Audiard's world. He use to write dialogues for films. He was so good that even the worse movie became a master piece. Get someone to show you films like Les tontons flingueurs. So bad but so tasty. French in fact!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3725344)   #1173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So many famous from Audiard. So many still up to date like "Les cons ça ose tout c'est même Ã* ça qu'on les reconnaît!" Put that in the mouth of actors like Lino Ventura, Bernard Blier or Françis Blanche and you have an all time collector. Bauble is a Tonton flingueur!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3725346)   #1174
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You can add: When a guy weighting 130 kilos says something, the guy weighting 60 kilos have better to listen!!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3725351)   #1175
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.D View Post
Brian Robinson rides one as did the legendary 'Putney Sparrow' Alan Brunsden.
Well I always had my suspicions about Brun.