Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Dec 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3341981)   #76
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
Tracy Krohn and Nic Jönsson tested one of the Lotus LMP2 cars in Bahrain last Monday and it looks like Krohn could buy one of the cars.

What does this mean for the Lotus team?
However there is now a question mark about Krohn as they have entered TUSCC next year. So I think that means the end of there WEC adventure.
Old 9 Dec 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3341994)   #77
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
However there is now a question mark about Krohn as they have entered TUSCC next year. So I think that means the end of there WEC adventure.
Yep it's the end of the WEC for the interim.

The team will do the NAEC in the 458 in GTLM and test P2 options ahead of 2015. They could piece together a programme from different series once they've decided on the car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/kro...14-and-beyond/

No word on LM for 2014. It might have been more stress (and dollars) than it was worth this year!
Old 9 Dec 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3341995)   #78
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Congratulations Craft AMR!

Now the real speculation begins - what will the driver lineup look like? I'll throw my 2014 entry speculation hat in the ring and guess that we'll be seeing a GTE-Am car, consisting of Darryl O'Young, Tomonobu Fujii, and Frank Yu. I think that classifies as a GTE-Am lineup, although Fujii may be a Gold driver but the ACO hasn't updated their driver categorisation for him yet so I'm not really sure.

Of course they could try and pull off a GTE-Pro effort with O'Young/Mucke/Lyons. I'm not sure they'd have much of a chance against the likes of the factory Aston Martins, AF Corse, and Porsche AG Manthey though.
Mücke will be driving a factory car as he is a factory AMR drive. So that will not be possible.

Drivers_Categorisation:
http://f.cl.ly/items/263M3c0C1U2E2M0...ION_271113.pdf

Frank Yu is bronze
Darryl O'Young is Gold
Tomonobu Fujii will be gold or platinum.

So a line-up of Yu/O'Young/Fujii will also not be possible, because there is atleast one bronze and one silver driver needed for GTE-Am.

A possibility is for example to add AMR driver Johnny Adam to the line-up instead of O'Young or Fujii. He is rated silver by the FIA.

Another possibility is Keita Sawa. I think he will be rated Silver (or gold). Both Sawa and O'Young have sponsorship from LKM, so they could become a nice combination together with Yu.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3342414)   #79
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a surprise but SOFREV-ASP confirm they will lodge an entry for Le Mans in an Am 458.

With Fabien Barthez in the car this entry is as nailed on as an Audi R18. Plus they have announced a three-car (1 GTE, 2 GTC) commitment to the ELMS.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/tro...ement-au-mans/
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3342461)   #80
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/p...r-in-portugal/
Porsche has confirmed two LMP1 entries for the full season and Le Mans, but I guess they didn't deny the possibility of a 3rd entry for Le Mans...
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3342466)   #81
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/p...r-in-portugal/
Porsche has confirmed two LMP1 entries for the full season and Le Mans, but I guess they didn't deny the possibility of a 3rd entry for Le Mans...
I don't think the two-car news is news. It was never going to be anything less than two.
Old 10 Dec 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3342473)   #82
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By two cars I just meant that they didn't confirm 3 for the full season. I already knew that they would be running two cars at a minimum
Old 10 Dec 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3342485)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Keep hearing this team linked with the race but it would be great to see them lodge an entry. Again they'd surely be accepted.

Team Taisan closing in on a GT-Am entry - http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...458-en-gte-am/

Craft, Taisan, KCMG etc at La Sarthe would be a great advert for the AsLMS.
Old 12 Dec 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3343266)   #84
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the Oak's auto-invites is for Oak Racing Team Total, the AsLMS Championship winner. That team didn't use Oak 'factory' drivers, they used Oak's mechanics (as far as I know). I can see Oak Racing Team Total accepting the auto-invite. KCMG will be there also due to their WEC entry.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3343820)   #85
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the Strakka Racing team for LMP2, with their Dome S103-Nissan, I would guess that the drivers would be mostly one or two Japanese drivers due to that the Dome S103 reminds me of the Dome S102.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3343834)   #86
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
For the Strakka Racing team for LMP2, with their Dome S103-Nissan, I would guess that the drivers would be mostly one or two Japanese drivers due to that the Dome S103 reminds me of the Dome S102.
There should be two cars right? I believe that Watts/Kane/Leventis are under contract for the lead car.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3343871)   #87
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
There should be two cars right? I believe that Watts/Kane/Leventis are under contract for the lead car.
Yes, you are correct, at least according to this.

Quote:
Strakka is planning to run two S103s powered by the Nissan LMP2 V8 in next year's WEC.

It says it is in the advanced stages of negotiations with drivers to fill a second car that will run alongside the existing line-up of team owner Nick Leventis, Danny Watts and Jonny Kane.
Throwing in my two cents, here's how I think it'll break down for the 2nd car. As TheNo1F1Fan said, there will most likely be at least one Japanese driver competing in the 2nd car full-season. There are quite a few guys that come to mind, but definitely one to consider for the Le Mans 24, at least, is Tsugio Matsuda. As far as I'm aware, he has competed full-time in the Super GT Series in the GT500 class for years, as well as Formula Nippon/Super Formula. I can't exactly see him dropping all Super GT and Super Formula connections to go race full-time in the FIA WEC... he wouldn't necessarily have to if the schedules didn't conflict but unfortunately they do, at Spa and Interlagos (the 2014 Super Formula schedule hasn't been released yet). He's recently had astounding success in KCMG's LMP2 machinery in the Asian Le Mans Series, but with KCMG going global with the WEC I doubt he'll stay on due to commitments elsewhere. But for Le Mans, I think he could either be with KCMG or Dome, not sure which.

Also, Seiji Ara comes to mind, at least for the 24. Dome last entered with Pescarolo in 2012 with Ara, Bourdais, and Nic Minassian. Ara previously raced for Navi Team Goh in 2009 and Gainer International in a Dome in 2005.

Hideki Mutoh? Takuya Izawa? Kohei Hirate? Shinji Nakano? Haruki Kurosawa? Maybe even Takuma Sato? Lots of Japanese drivers to think about... I'm nearly certain there will be at least one under the Strakka/Dome banner next year.

As far as non-Japanese drivers go, Sebastien Bourdais is the only obvious one I can think of.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3343888)   #88
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Concerning the 3 Oak entries, I expect one will go to Oak Team Total as mentioned, which is fairly customer-oriented by works standards. I imagine a second would be used by Nicolet et al. as the gentleman car, which wouldn't be competing against the sort of lineups their customers would field.

I would guess the 3rd could be used as a partnership-type entry if one of their customers does not get an entry (KCMG's second car or Morand if they return). Otherwise perhaps it depends on whether the TUSC entry is 'all-factory' or relies on a client for funding. I know you don't want to race against teams buying your chassis, but you also want to provide cars for your funded client drivers at Le Mans if they want them!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3343889)   #89
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
How likely do you guys think that ESM, Mazda or Muscle Milk would submit an entry for next year's 24?
Old 14 Dec 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3343946)   #90
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
How likely do you guys think that ESM, Mazda or Muscle Milk would submit an entry for next year's 24?
I'd love to see it, but I think most top TUSC proto teams will have too much on their plate next year finding their feet in such a big series.

And that's even before you factor in that they'll be at Belle Isle the day before test day.

To be honest I'd love to see them do away with the test day again in 2015 if it becomes such a barrier to entry.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3343975)   #91
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yep. Then the other car should be with Japanese drivers, shouldn't it?
Old 19 Dec 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3345760)   #92
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Expect three Audi R18s at Le Mans come June 2014!

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/a...h-laser-light/

Quote:
The FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) will see Audi Sport Team Joest compete as the title defender in the 2014 season. In all eight races of the 2014 WEC, the World Champions will be running with two Audi R18 e-tron quattro cars. For the season’s pinnacle event at Le Mans on June 14/15, 2014, the fielding of a third R18 is planned. The driver teams will be announced at a later date.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3345948)   #93
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/br...ytona-sebring/
Westbrook and Jordan Taylor to remain Corvette Racing's 3rd drivers at Le Mans
Old 19 Dec 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3345953)   #94
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Cool.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3346071)   #95
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Craig Lowndes says he has two Ferrari seats on the table for Le Mans:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/20/...rrari-options/

Not sure who they will be, but would be great to see him there.
Old 19 Dec 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3346133)   #96
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That is great news!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3346139)   #97
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Craig Lowndes says he has two Ferrari seats on the table for Le Mans:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/20/...rrari-options/

Not sure who they will be, but would be great to see him there.
Fantastic news!... I'm going to guess that he'll join AF Corse's AsLMS auto-invite entry with the likes of Rugolo and Wyatt, since he's from the area.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 12:54 (Ref:3346283)   #98
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 auto entries next year, the only surprise comes from Risi, with a 458 back in PRO class
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...es-du-mans.pdf
Old 20 Dec 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3346303)   #99
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
12 auto entries next year, the only surprise comes from Risi, with a 458 back in PRO class
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...es-du-mans.pdf
Awesome news!

Great to see them back - but Muscle Milk is also a surprise for me. They have quite a tough job getting people from Detriot to the test day - but they have the most generic chassis/engine combo in P2 so they could easily rent a chassis and get their drivers lapped in.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3346320)   #100
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Awesome news!

Great to see them back - but Muscle Milk is also a surprise for me. They have quite a tough job getting people from Detriot to the test day - but they have the most generic chassis/engine combo in P2 so they could easily rent a chassis and get their drivers lapped in.
Isn't this just the list of those who are "invited to enter" rather than an indication that they have entered?