Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Feb 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3363670)   #326
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
How about a street race, the Audi looked pretty good at Norisring
Doing 6-hour races in street circuits doesn't sound like a good idea. 2-hour would work - but not in the Endurance World Championship.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3363677)   #327
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Doing 6-hour races in street circuits doesn't sound like a good idea. 2-hour would work - but not in the Endurance World Championship.
To me endurance is 4 hours or more. It's not named World Endurance Championship for nothing. Otherwise they would've gone with World Sportscar Championship...
Old 3 Feb 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3363686)   #328
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ok, this is getting silly, 8 Star and 4 AF Corse cars for WEC, who will also have two P2 cars for SMP and have two further GT Am auto entries for Le Mans. 9 cars run by one team is a bit too much, don't we think?

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/cin...pour-af-corse/
I don't think ACO will finally offer them seven 458 GTE entries at LeMans, given their #54 performed so poor last year with 1 silver and 2 bronze drivers. I can see 2 PRO cars, 3 AM cars and the 8Star car. They've only one auto entry in hand for winning 2013 AsLMS GTC class, a 2014 full season ELMS entry could ends up on the reserve list like ProSpeed did last year.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3363728)   #329
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Plus its the only race other than Le Mans that runs into the night.
So far. That´s about to change this year though with the expected COTA night race.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3363751)   #330
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/wec/af-corse...raris-for-wec/
AF Corse will field FIVE cars in the FIA WEC, + 2 for LM24 + 2 SMP LMP2s.

Wow... reflecting what was said above, I'd rather see a monopoly than a dying grid.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3363767)   #331
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I would be surprised if the FIA/ACO is to honor all those GTE-Am entry requests, I can see them denying at least 1 request (the ELMS entry) and possibly a second one if they decide to limit AF Corse´s WEC´s entries to two (again in GTE-Am).

When are the entry lists for Le Mans and WEC to be released again please? Thx.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3363768)   #332
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I would be surprised if the FIA/ACO is to honor all those GTE-Am entry requests, I can see them denying at least 1 request (the ELMS entry) and possibly a second one if they decide to limit AF Corse´s WEC´s entries to two (again in GTE-Am).

When are the entry lists for Le Mans and WEC to be released again please? Thx.
Next Thursday.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3363772)   #333
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Next Thursday.
The 13th right?
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3363773)   #334
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
The 13th right?
Yes.

...which means I'll be on a 9h coach trip to a Slovakian mountain resort just as the entries will be announced.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3363774)   #335
Coach Ep
Veteran

I assume there will live coverage (stream) for the releases again.
Old 3 Feb 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3363790)   #336
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
To me endurance is 4 hours or more. It's not named World Endurance Championship for nothing. Otherwise they would've gone with World Sportscar Championship...
That's just semantics.

I doubt the old name was the 1st choice though because ACO likes the E word, and also Ratel's World Championship still existed in 2011 when WEC was announced, so "GT" and "Sportscar" might have caused some conflict.

I can see the E word being dumped again though, for exactly same reasons it was changed in 1986.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3364319)   #337
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never seen that Lausitzring layout before. The DTM course is just a poor man's Daytona and not exactly inspiring - but the long layout looks brilliant. It's never gonna comply with FIA regs, but one can dream.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3364327)   #338
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So...any Mako-status? If he'll drive for Porsche, then never mind.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3364350)   #339
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
How about a street race, the Audi looked pretty good at Norisring
I was thinking about Surfers Paradise in Australia. Since they lost the Indycars they have tried hard to remain an 'international race', even when it made life very difficult for the V8-supercarteams that had to find suitable drivers to compete in the event.

Since they have marketed the event as an enduro already (well to 300km-races in 1 weekend on a short lap, so over 100 laps per race) a long race won't be a problem for them.

I wonder though if the long track is still available. I've read some things about a lightrail track that was supposed to be build in the middle of one of the roads that made up a part of the track.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3364500)   #340
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
The layout the DTM races on is a lot different from the one I'm talking about though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVPNE9w8Khw
http://www.lausitzring.de/besucherpo...ke-113-km.html

11.3 Km
That's the layout where Alboreto had his fatal crash.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3364532)   #341
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I was thinking about Surfers Paradise in Australia. Since they lost the Indycars they have tried hard to remain an 'international race', even when it made life very difficult for the V8-supercarteams that had to find suitable drivers to compete in the event.

Since they have marketed the event as an enduro already (well to 300km-races in 1 weekend on a short lap, so over 100 laps per race) a long race won't be a problem for them.

I wonder though if the long track is still available. I've read some things about a lightrail track that was supposed to be build in the middle of one of the roads that made up a part of the track.
It looks good at first glance, but it's far too narrow in some places to hold multiclass endurance racing. And I'm not sure the 'long' circuit is still available... it hasn't been run since A1GP in 2009, I believe.

I agree that FIA WEC should run a race in the AUS/NZ area, but the only track I can think of being suitable is Albert Park. That's a street circuit, contrary to popular belief.

The idea with Albert Park is it's wide and long, perfect for both F1 and multiclass endurance racing. I can see a 6 Hours of Melbourne in the making. Of course, they'd have to run it on a different weekend than F1...
Old 5 Feb 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3364534)   #342
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
It looks good at first glance, but it's far too narrow in some places to hold multiclass endurance racing. And I'm not sure the 'long' circuit is still available... it hasn't been run since A1GP in 2009, I believe.

I agree that FIA WEC should run a race in the AUS/NZ area, but the only track I can think of being suitable is Albert Park. That's a street circuit, contrary to popular belief.

The idea with Albert Park is it's wide and long, perfect for both F1 and multiclass endurance racing. I can see a 6 Hours of Melbourne in the making. Of course, they'd have to run it on a different weekend than F1...
Albert Park could be good, wouldn't it?
Old 5 Feb 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3364535)   #343
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A smart move could be to join in a street race of the new formula E calendar, possibly each year in a different city.
Saturday the WEC event, a 2 hours race with a mandatory pitstop and money prizes for lmp2 and gt-am class winners and best finishers. Sunday the race of the formula E.
LMP1 and GT manufacturers could use the event as a parade-showroom to promote their mark, private lmp2 and gt teams could be interested to contest to win the grand prix like baku and macau races.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3364551)   #344
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I´d rather go here!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3364554)   #345
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
I´d rather go here!
I see your Adelaide and one-up you with Mount Panorama. I know that LMPs and GTs there would equate to either bodily injuries to drivers and/or a lot of SC because of traffic incidents on the mountain, but... a LMP1 negotiating that manic downhill section and then blasting down Conrod? YES PLEASE.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3364571)   #346
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
I´d rather go here!
Adelaide?! That's another cool option!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3364592)   #347
radreps
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dilton Marsh Westbury Wilts
radreps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone tell me who to contact to marshal at WEC Silverstone?
Old 6 Feb 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3364905)   #348
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Meanwhile, Aston Martin's Danish connection in GTE-Am is maintained, as David Heinemeier Hansson joins the team for the full WEC season.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3365141)   #349
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Big news.
IMSA Performance Matmut driver Jean-Karl Vernay replaces Frédéric Makowiecki for Super GT.
http://www.honda.co.jp/Racing/news2014/02/
Old 7 Feb 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3365183)   #350
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
And P.S.: here's the link to the photo of Vernay (right).
http://as-web.jp/photonews/info.php?c_id=2&no=51164