Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Jan 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3353887)   #176
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it seems that Koba will drive for caterham this year.. Vilander drove for spirit of race at the roar so maybe he'll be one of their drivers..
Old 14 Jan 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3353890)   #177
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure #51 will be Bruni-Vilander, #71 can be Rigon- someone between Bertolini or Beretta, or again Kobayashi if he won't drive for caterham. An involvment of Montermini or Filippi is not realistic. Other ferrari aficionados drivers like Cioci and Griffin surely will remain with AF Corse but in GTAM. If Team Risi won't be at le mans, I expect to see Fisichella the third driver of #51 and Malucelli the third driver of #71.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3353891)   #178
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My late vote goes to Audi.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3353901)   #179
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very intrigued to see what Ferrari do with drivers. I think Kobayashi is gone so there is a bit of a shortage, especially in the endurance races.

If you contrast with someone like Porsche and Aston who have a queue of pro drivers, Ferrari aren't quite on that level.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3353905)   #180
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin lost Makowiecki, I don't know if Senna will stay or not but for now they have just Turner and Mucke as top drivers. Ferrari is in the same situation, three great drivers and a many other good but not top drivers. I fear that ferrari corse did a great mistake to don't hire Mako.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3353914)   #181
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Aston Martin lost Makowiecki, I don't know if Senna will stay or not but for now they have just Turner and Mucke as top drivers. Ferrari is in the same situation, three great drivers and a many other good but not top drivers. I fear that ferrari corse did a great mistake to don't hire Mako.
I'd say Aston have more talent. A guy like Richie Stanaway has only done a few races but will be their quickest guy this year I believe. Nicki Thiim could move up to a Pro car too I think. Both should certainly make their Le Mans debuts.

Agreed though that Makowiecki should have been on everyone's shopping list.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3354064)   #182
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd say Aston have more talent. A guy like Richie Stanaway has only done a few races but will be their quickest guy this year I believe. Nicki Thiim could move up to a Pro car too I think. Both should certainly make their Le Mans debuts.

Totally agree with that one

I'm a true believer in Daniel Zampieri's and Davide Rigon's talent... judging by their performances in BES, they could do very well with AF Corse's GTE-Pro program.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3354069)   #183
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

You would also expect Senna to look for a LMP1 drive, having had both GTE and single seater experience.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3354070)   #184
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why you discard Montermini? He had very good performances at GT Open last year.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3354082)   #185
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Why you discard Montermini? He had very good performances at GT Open last year.
He won the championship, yes, but he will be turning 50 years old this May. I know driver ranking automatically go down past a certain age... perhaps AF Corse will consider him as a fast silver or gold driver for GTE-Am?
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3354187)   #186
carbon_titanium
Veteran

Yes, maybe we can expect to see Montermini in a 458 GTAM, maybe in ELMS. He won 2013 int gt-open season, but who fought against? only the V8 racing corvette when was Pastorelli on board.

Last edited by carbon_titanium; 15 Jan 2014 at 10:23.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3354220)   #187
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm a true believer in Daniel Zampieri's and Davide Rigon's talent... judging by their performances in BES, they could do very well with AF Corse's GTE-Pro program.
rigon is very well regarded, he's done some excellent work in single seaters. i'd agree with your assessment on him.

zampieri however was almost always without fail completely underwhelming. only ever saw him do a "crikey" drive once in 2 seasons and that was at motorland, which is known to produce some slightly random results.

perhaps now the pressures off in sportscars he's able to drive to his ability. he always seemed very nervy in single seaters.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3354634)   #188
FxL
Rookie

FxL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filipe Albuquerque will contest the 24h of Le Mans and the 6h of Spa in the R18. As another german webesite reports, he isn't Allan's replacement and will drive the #3 car in Le Mans. His role in Spa is more probably a supportive one, not sure about that.
http://audi-motorsport-blog.blogspot...o-compete.html

Last edited by FxL; 16 Jan 2014 at 10:57.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3354738)   #189
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
Filipe Albuquerque will contest the 24h of Le Mans and the 6h of Spa in the R18. As another german webesite reports, he isn't Allan's replacement and will drive the #3 car in Le Mans. His role in Spa is more probably a supportive one, not sure about that.
I expect Audi to enter all three cars with three drivers each at Spa for the Le Mans dress rehearsal.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3354740)   #190
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
Nico Mueller takes his seat in DTM. Thus, Albuquerque will be focusing on GT in north America probably? As a factory drive in GMG or Flying lizard?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3354752)   #191
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I expect Audi to enter all three cars with three drivers each at Spa for the Le Mans dress rehearsal.
...like from last year.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3354828)   #192
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Wasn't aware that already in June, Eurosport and ACO agreed to extend their deal until 2016. Not exactly breaking news back when it was actually news, but a slight improvement:

Quote:
Eurosport has also signed a deal with Le Mans Endurance Management to broadcast the final hour of all other World Endurance Championship (WEC) races live until 2016
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/e...ec_until_2016/

I hope this doesn't change anything in terms of internet streaming exclusivity (the fiawec.com streaming)... that would be shortsighted from ACO.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3354857)   #193
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Nico Mueller takes his seat in DTM. Thus, Albuquerque will be focusing on GT in north America probably? As a factory drive in GMG or Flying lizard?
My guess is the Blancpain GT championship.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3354903)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
...like from last year.
What do you mean currently playing GT6, I have never meet you
Old 17 Jan 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3355039)   #195
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What do you mean currently playing GT6, I have never meet you
It's my signature, now deal with it.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3355059)   #196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
It's my signature, now deal with it.
Well if you make it to Le mans this year we can meet
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3355127)   #197
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport-total reports Lotus to LMP1!

The car, called Lotus T129, is likely to be powered by an AER engine

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14011705.html
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3355141)   #198
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if you make it to Le mans this year we can meet
I won't go to Le Mans, sorry. I'll just only watch Le Mans live on TV at home.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3355148)   #199
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
Motorsport-total reports Lotus to LMP1!

The car, called Lotus T129, is likely to be powered by an AER engine

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14011705.html
That's tremendous if true.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3355177)   #200
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great news.

On the other hand - no surprise but Level 5 aren't going to be in the WEC in P1 this year - http://www.racer.com/level-5-to-focu...rticle/329825/