Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 30 Mar 2003, 18:08 (Ref:553018)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AutoModelista

just got it and played all night for 71/2 hours. The lack of analog accelerator and braking is not missed i assure you, at first it is odd but the physics is really well done (wait till you first spin you'll see) and the clincher when you win enough races you can open the garage and do MOTORSWAPS!- Ford, Chevy, dodge being the only US makes, and represented by but 2 or 3 cars each the joy is in the many Japanese manufacturers and all those cars, retro to new the Toyota 2000gt, the original GTR from Nissan, Daihatsu copen(fun but slow) It is very entertaining and the challenge develops later on, the races at 5 and 6 plus stars of dificulty are the ones that are the real races the other is a catch up and stay in front kind, the CelShading graphics are outstanding, no clipping and the sound verycool also customizing the car with decals, and aero parts, and paint any way you like it (a heavy stripe theme). very cool. The best is the toyota sports800 (an old 60's roadster) witha Supra Motor- fast and twitchy, a ball to drive around. I recommend this game on PS2 it is a good spin on that digital road.
mind you all it is not GranTurismo, or GPL but it is the good of GranTurismo witha capcom caroon fun. (maybe too easy?)
Old 30 Mar 2003, 21:21 (Ref:553158)   #2
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, I'm mighty tempted to get my hands on this, only 20 quid at my local Smiths....looks good to me.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 05:33 (Ref:553424)   #3
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the tracks,are they any good?Are there any eruopean cars like from Porsche,Aston MArtin,Ferrari?
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:30 (Ref:553810)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I rented the game a couple of weeks back, and i really didn't like it, the graphics were good but the overall feel of the game and that stupid shouting voice everytime you do something in the menu's or go racing is just plain irritating...

The only track that i know in that game is Suzuka...

And no Porsche, Aston Martin or Ferrari...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 31 Mar 2003 at 14:32.
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:52 (Ref:553830)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no sadly no european manufacturers, it is a 'cartoon' game the yelling and shouting ok with me like in street fighter series. the feel get much better as the races get mmore intense and longer, all tracks are Japan 'club 'tracks. Wangan highway (tokyo east and west) and hill climbs (a neat series is a hillclimb going up, then race back down.) If only they would make an old european manufacturer game like this or GranTurismo with the old tracks. but no this only has Suzuka, and the Japan track. it is a bit of fun though, i have put my time in...
Old 5 Apr 2003, 03:37 (Ref:559007)   #6
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the game and I do not like it.I think I will trade it in for Splinter Cell.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog