Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3174239)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIA Announce 2013 F1 Entry List

Here is the FIA 2013 F1 Entry List.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104676
Old 2 Dec 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3174261)   #2
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting, but I'd rather wait to see the individual entry lists for the various Grands Prix. There's bound to be the odd one-off entry from enthusiasts. Obviously.
Old 2 Dec 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3174271)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Interesting, but I'd rather wait to see the individual entry lists for the various Grands Prix. There's bound to be the odd one-off entry from enthusiasts. Obviously.
those were the days........
Old 4 Dec 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3174814)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Need some Toyota & Honda engines in there...
Old 4 Dec 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3174999)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Surprised that several of the drives that we all thought were already nailed on listed as TBC?
Old 4 Dec 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3175003)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, but I guess it's just a matter of time !?
Old 4 Dec 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3175004)   #7
SteveR
Rookie

United Kingdom
SteveR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Surprised that several of the drives that we all thought were already nailed on listed as TBC?
As it says in the Autosport article, the teams have yet to decide which driver gets which of their numbers, so the list shows TBC.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3175007)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, there's a lot of superstition and that's a very complicated equation, so they must be careful !
Old 4 Dec 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3175051)   #9
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there any significance in the driver numbers - a form of driver hierarchy?

For example, the higher ranking of the two drivers in each team seem to command the number nearest to #1, e.g. Vettel 'outranks' Webber, Alonso outranks Massa, Button is #5, Perez is 6.

And yet, Hamilton (10) is a 'lower' number than Rosberg (9). Interesting ...
Old 4 Dec 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3175053)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good for Rosberg as his last teammate requested that they change numbers. cant recall if it was superstition or another reason why Schumi wanted the 3 instead of the 4 he was originally assigned?

i guess its no different than in any other sport though.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3175066)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
And yet, Hamilton (10) is a 'lower' number than Rosberg (9). Interesting ...
This is quite usual. When Alonso joined Ferrari he was number 6 to Massa's #5. When Vettel joined Red Bull he was number 15 to Webber's #14. I wouldn't read too much into it. The existing driver is usually given the lower number.
Old 4 Dec 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3175072)   #12
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
This is quite usual. When Alonso joined Ferrari he was number 6 to Massa's #5. When Vettel joined Red Bull he was number 15 to Webber's #14. I wouldn't read too much into it. The existing driver is usually given the lower number.

Ahh ... So!
Old 4 Dec 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3175074)   #13
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
good for Rosberg as his last teammate requested that they change numbers. cant recall if it was superstition or another reason why Schumi wanted the 3 instead of the 4 he was originally assigned?
'Superstition' - though I think there might have been other reasons...
Old 5 Dec 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3175388)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackmarkerUK View Post
'Superstition' - though I think there might have been other reasons...
I agree. Having the odd number, ergo his name before his team mates shows a "team leader" gamesmanship.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3175423)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd love F3 drivers to pick a two-digit number and use it their whole formula racing career. Drivers ranked 1-10 in a season would be allowed to use that number the next season in that championship.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3175478)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd love F3 drivers to pick a two-digit number and use it their whole formula racing career. Drivers ranked 1-10 in a season would be allowed to use that number the next season in that championship.
Doesn't tie in with F1's orderly way of doing things. On the entry list, you could have 2 team mates 15 spaces apart.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3175490)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
you could have 2 team mates 15 spaces apart.
I don't mind that. Triple Eight drivers in V8 Supercars have numbers 1 and 888.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3175635)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
I don't mind that. Triple Eight drivers in V8 Supercars have numbers 1 and 888.
But that's V8's. They don't do that sort of thing in F1. No uniform to the system.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3175748)   #19
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Let's change the system!
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3175778)   #20
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What happens when two drivers have the same number?
There's only 99 possible two-digit numbers to choose from, surely in the F3 championships around the world there's more than 99 drivers?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3175783)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I still marvel at the fact that, in our modern, rational age, there is no car no. 13.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3175786)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't. racing drivers are the most superstitious bunch of people you'll ever meet. they get in from one side of the car with a specific foot first, wear lucky underpants and lucky gloves and have a picture of the virgin mary in the cockpit.

and that's the non-superstitious ones who might consider driving car 13....
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3175867)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't. racing drivers are the most superstitious bunch of people you'll ever meet. they get in from one side of the car with a specific foot first, wear lucky underpants and lucky gloves and have a picture of the virgin mary in the cockpit.

The logic is why give bad luck a chance ?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3175917)   #24
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

But 13 is 'lucky-for-some'.
All it needs is an optimist to decide that he'll grab the extra luck on offer with 13 and go with it.
Not sure how it worked out for Solana though.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3176156)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The logic is why give bad luck a chance ?
luck happens regardless of what pants you're wearing. i mean, seriously... you have to be pretty deluded to believe that a driver in another car will act differently because he subconsciously is aware of the secret fact that the guy in the other car is wearing lucky pants. or that a tyre won't pick up a puncture through the debris because the driver got in the car from the left side.