Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Spa 6Hrs Endurance
Calendar: Historic Racing
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett

14 Sep 2017 to 17 Sep 2017 23:30 to 21:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

The annual pilgrimage to Spa for the 6 hrs and support races.

The latter will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge and combined MRL sports car grids, plus Masters series. U2TC will also have 2 x 40 minute races.

Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3752316)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3.18 for that MGB is not bad . Me and Brian were doing 15/16's a couple of weeks ago and we were quickest MGB. The bus stop was quicker back then but still a good time.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3752475)   #32
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only the bus stop was changed but they also replaced gravel with macadam along the dangerous curves like Pouhon which makes people dare more than they did before. A good move for safety, gravel has a tendency to make cars roll over.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3752763)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Not only the bus stop was changed but they also replaced gravel with macadam along the dangerous curves like Pouhon which makes people dare more than they did before. A good move for safety, gravel has a tendency to make cars roll over.
yes we lost a F3 rolled at Pouhon.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3752798)   #34
Gerard C
Subscriber
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that delta. I saw an E Type rolled during the 6 hrs but can't remember the year. When we did it with a Spitfire I knew I couldn't go out fast because too tall for this car fitted with a hardtop. Scary.
There still are two bad guard rails, on outside of Blanchimont 2 and the one outside pitlane exit/ Raidillon.
As to the very good lap time you mentioned I think its hard to compare from one year to another. The region of 3'14 sounds really great for a B.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3753981)   #35
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
An provisional timetable and other info can be found on Masters website-

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...hours2017.pdf/
Old 24 Jul 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3753984)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I think we need to get a petition going and get organizers to carry on calling the 1 hour race "barry's race". WDYT. You know them well Tel???
Old 24 Jul 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3754006)   #37
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Bit like when circuits re-name corners, if you use the old name every one knows where you mean! To me (and I'm sure a lot of others), the '1 hr' is still 'Barry's Race', but official recognition would be a nice gesture....
Old 25 Jul 2017, 14:28 (Ref:3754250)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard back from Vincent,it has been agreed to keep Barry's spirit alive in the onehour@spa.
Special thanks to Vincent and Alain although I very much doubt they would evet forget Barry.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3754273)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Just heard back from Vincent,it has been agreed to keep Barry's spirit alive in the onehour@spa.
Special thanks to Vincent and Alain although I very much doubt they would evet forget Barry.
Well done Terry. I will buy you pizza in a couple of weeks at Old Timer.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3754292)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to meet up Iain.👍👍
Old 24 Aug 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3761433)   #41
MartinH
Rookie

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One make racing

Only 17 GT40s on the enty list this year ........ Or did I miss one ???

http://www.spasixhours.com/wp-conten...xhours2017.pdf
Old 25 Aug 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3761469)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Ford sponsored event?I assume they are all trully "Historic".
Old 25 Aug 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3761473)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just heard from a mate that the Barry Sidery-Smith race is way over subscribed. Good to hear it.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3761485)   #44
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just heard from a mate that the Barry Sidery-Smith race is way over subscribed. Good to hear it.
And good to see you calling it the BS-S Race and not the unimagative 'Spa 1hr'.....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3761841)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It'll be interesting to see what Chris Ward does with the GT40 he has to use.Maybe raise a few eyebrows🤔