Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Jul 2003, 07:47 (Ref:674997)   #1
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's my Winston Eurosport?

I'm suffering from serious Winston Cup withdrawal symptoms due to the muppets at Brit Eurosport failing to screen races this season. They began by showing races on a regular basis but have now tailed off to about one a month. Wots going on. I notice they devote plenty of air time to a bunch of Lycra clad sweaty cyclists pedalling thru France (will somebody please tell me what motivates people to watch this dross) I mean wot are the spectators thought processes as they watch this "spectacle" "Oh look there's a bloke on his bike..... Hang on! there's another one" etc ad nauseum. So I say Oi Eurosport No! Less pedalling plonkers and a bit more Winnie Cup if you'd be so kind
Old 30 Jul 2003, 07:57 (Ref:675006)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want Winston Cup it is live on the NASN channel. Nothing will be gained by knocking someone elses sport.Cycling is very popular in most of europe if not in the UK.Personally I hate all ballsports but have to accept that others like them.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 15:14 (Ref:675377)   #3
oily oaf
Racer

Sorry Reverend. Just trying to inject a little humour into a deadly serious topic Dont like ball games? Wot not even a relaxing game of pocket billiards? Still I do feel I owe an apology to all you pedal and crankers wherever you may be.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 16:32 (Ref:675456)   #4
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand your frustration with the absolutely dreadful and pathetic Eurosport coverage where cycling, sumo, tennis and nose picking contests all get priority over nascar. If you can afford the NASN subscription get it!!! The coverage is absolutely brilliant-I can find no fault with it.
I constantly e-mailed the nascar website to complain about the Eurosport coverage. I believe the contract for them to show coverage ends this season and hopefully somebody else will get the highlight coverage and will do greater justice to this brilliant racing series.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 17:33 (Ref:675532)   #5
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Motors TV will pick up Winston/Nextel Cup next year. They have been dropping a few hints during their excellent Busch coverage.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 22:31 (Ref:675833)   #6
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep your eye on NASN....I have managed to see the last two races on their "Freeview", I'll bump this thread to warn you if I see/hear of another one.

Perhaps that's good planning on NASCAR's part....if Eurosport can't be bothered to show them, then force NASN to un-encrypt to show their highlight show to all!

But yeah, I hope Motors TV DO pick up the rights next year....great channel. Plus they already have the BUSCH races, so the entire weekend will be covered (Craftsmen Truck races with the IRL doesn't it? :confused: )

Plus I've been circulating the NASN threads, and all the posters do is moan about how much time NASCAR takes up...it doesn't seem to be very popular with them!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 06:47 (Ref:675977)   #7
oily oaf
Racer

Thanks for all your input guys but which sattelite package is NASN on, I've got Freeview upstairs and Sky downstairs but I've never come across it. Well done MrSal for at least trying to get something done about this dire situation which is what I should do instead of just whingeing in this forum. Good work fella. But hey don't be too critical of the nose-picking mate it's this type of cutting-edge TV that's made Eurosport what it is today.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 06:53 (Ref:675978)   #8
MrSal
Racer

NASN is in sky digital channel 420. Great coverage-it costs £11.99 per month(I think)and during the US adverts we go to uncensored in car coverage. Some of the comments by some of the drivers(Dale jr in particular) means I wouldn't watch this with small children in the room.....
Old 31 Jul 2003, 07:24 (Ref:676010)   #9
oily oaf
Racer

Thanks mate! The reason I've been unable to pick it up is that I'm still on analogue feed. 'Bout time I entered the 21st century methinks. Hey don't worry about Dale jnr's profanities MrSal, when I watch Nassie on the magic box even my missus don't get in the room let alone the ankle-biters.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:27 (Ref:676484)   #10
Muppet
Racer

Muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Freeview coverage on NASN drove me nuts every time they went to an ad break on the Trucks (July 4th weekend) they showed the same "this is NASN" tape. Would have been bearable but the American's have an ad break every 3 minutes. Do they have weak bladders, short attention spans or what?

Apart from that, it's excellent. I'm a big fan of the Trucks now! ;-)

I'm thinking of subscribing but I'm usually out a race meetings at weekends... The NFL, etc, etc (stuff with balls) they show during the week doesn't really appeal.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:47 (Ref:676495)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by oily oaf
Thanks mate! The reason I've been unable to pick it up is that I'm still on analogue feed. 'Bout time I entered the 21st century methinks. Hey don't worry about Dale jnr's profanities MrSal, when I watch Nassie on the magic box even my missus don't get in the room let alone the ankle-biters.
I did not know you could still get Sky on analogue.i still have my analogue dish & tuner but can only get german channels on it.These are worth having BTW.If you are on cable I doubt that you will get NASN.Don't confuse the 'Freeview' service with NASN freeview-which simply means that they ocasionally allow non subsribers like me to watch!

Last edited by Rob29; 31 Jul 2003 at 17:52.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 06:24 (Ref:676830)   #12
oily oaf
Racer

Sorry Rob my mistake. The service I have downstairs is in fact cable but shows all the Sky progs hence my confusion. I guess Ill have to upgrade to Sky digital to recieve NASN. More money! Sorry to bore u all with my home entertainment details. By the way did I mention the ICE system in my car. Well it's 400w total music power drone drone drone
Old 4 Aug 2003, 21:56 (Ref:679982)   #13
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've checked NASN's schedules, and no more freeviews until at least September.(Dammit....showing the Glen could've attracted a few more "oh....so it's not just ovals" new subscribers...oh well)

But Eurosport is at least back on schedule with it's highlights from Indy next Sunday (where's the races you missed then guys?)
Old 7 Aug 2003, 12:41 (Ref:681992)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I looked in my TV magazine and saw that Nascar will be on Eurosport next Sunday. BUT when I look on the Eurosport website I see Nascar is replaced by tennis.
Last week the coverage of the Nascar race was at 00.45h CET.

Normally the Nascar coverage (With Dutch commentators) is very good. The 2 commentators are really Nascar fans and give info about drivers, teams, crewchiefs, sponsors, etcetara.

Last edited by FIRE; 7 Aug 2003 at 12:44.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 14:36 (Ref:682044)   #15
MrSal
Racer

Eurosport does not deserve nascar.
Motorsport seems to have the lowest priority on the channel and is constantly disapearing from the schedule. For God's sake, put nascar on in the midweek if the live weekend sports coverage keeps over-running. There's plenty of repeats on on midweek evenings that could be replaced.
I remember when the cart coverage was excellent on a Sunday night as well. That has all but disapeared.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:25 (Ref:682199)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSal
Eurosport does not deserve nascar.
Motorsport seems to have the lowest priority on the channel and is constantly disapearing from the schedule. For God's sake, put nascar on in the midweek if the live weekend sports coverage keeps over-running. There's plenty of repeats on on midweek evenings that could be replaced.
I remember when the cart coverage was excellent on a Sunday night as well. That has all but disapeared.
I agree some years ago the coverage of motorsport was much better. For example on Sunday evening there was CART and Nascar.
And yes, why not a 1 hour coverage of Nascar on Monday or Tuesday at 22.00h. Normally on these days there aren't big sporting events (for example football, tennis).

This week they do a live coverage of a football tournament for teenagers! How low can they go?

Also rally is always after 23.00h or 00.00h on Eurosport.

I think I send an email with my (our) complaints.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 21:57 (Ref:682338)   #17
kimi020
Rookie

kimi020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors Tv is a good channel, but there coverage of Busch is not as good as the Winston cup on NASN. I hope that it stays on NASN next year, it well worth £9.99 a month.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 19:36 (Ref:683821)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Sunday 19.00h CET Nascar on Eurosport!!!!!

Last edited by FIRE; 9 Aug 2003 at 19:38.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 13:34 (Ref:685035)   #19
oily oaf
Racer

Let joy be unconfined, let there be dancing and merrymaking in every corner of the realm, let the good times roll! Yes folks it's finally happened. Our beloved Brit Eurosport have screened a motorsport event as advertised in the schedules. I actually got to see not only Winnie Cup but live Champ car from Ohio. Hard to take in aint it. I shall now do what every right thinking red-blooded Brit must do and force down several flagons of warm unfizzy beer to be followed by a fish & chip blow out until the inevitable takes place. Call me a crazy fool but I dont care I tell you hehehehehhehehehehhohohohohohohahahahahahahah etc