Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jul 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2929272)   #151
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RPM Here with Mr Ingall confirms AA's view that SuperCheap and Mr Ingall are on the move, but no mention of whether they will be together or not...

Given the Fujitsu deal is reported to be up at the end of this season, could GRM take Mr Ingall, and the SuperCheap backing, onboard to keep the dream alive?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Jul 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2929290)   #152
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could Todd step down to focus on the business and Reynolds or Murph depending on what happens with re-signing Stratco & Pepsi Max be promoted to #7 with Ingall & SCA slotting in either #11 or #16?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2929310)   #153
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
could Todd step down to focus on the business and Reynolds or Murph depending on what happens with re-signing Stratco & Pepsi Max be promoted to #7 with Ingall & SCA slotting in either #11 or #16?
Jack Daniels' sponsorship wouldn't leave the #7 car due to it's number. (With JD's slogan is "Old No.7") The only real possiblity is giving #15 to Ingall while Rick is promoted to car #7.

Mind you, Ingall and SuperCheap are invested in the number 39 itself, quite like Murphy was with number 51 for many years.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2929325)   #154
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually #39 is a PMM number, being the birth year (1939) of Sirromet's Terry Morris. Mr Ingall won Bathurst twice with #11, so a Kelly Connection could be a Back To The Future moment in car numbers..
Old 21 Jul 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2929340)   #155
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Larry is of course the owner of the #11 REC. There was a bit of bad blood when Russel left at the end of 2002 but time seems to have healed the wounds with an Ingall / Perkins combination to appear at Bathurst this year after a 10 year absence.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2929375)   #156
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Jack Daniels' sponsorship wouldn't leave the #7 car due to it's number. (With JD's slogan is "Old No.7") The only real possiblity is giving #15 to Ingall while Rick is promoted to car #7.

Mind you, Ingall and SuperCheap are invested in the number 39 itself, quite like Murphy was with number 51 for many years.
what i'm saying is put Reynolds or Murph in the #7 with JD backing as to which one of those 2 moves over would be pending on the outcome of what Pepsi Max or Stratco do.

as for Larry owning the #11 REC thats as far as it really goes with his involvement in the team, the Kelly's decide who drives and who's stickers are on the car.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:56 (Ref:2930772)   #157
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
RPM Here with Mr Ingall confirms AA's view that SuperCheap and Mr Ingall are on the move, but no mention of whether they will be together or not...

Given the Fujitsu deal is reported to be up at the end of this season, could GRM take Mr Ingall, and the SuperCheap backing, onboard to keep the dream alive?
So... MeN tonight reports directly from Mr Ingall, that SuperCheap and he will be together.. at a new location (i.e. not PMM) in 2012.

Criteria seems to be a Holden team. So where is there space?

PMM - Seemingly not in a pink fit...
HRT - Full
WP - Mr Coulthard isnt re-signed yet Here
888 - Full
BJR - One space free and currently unsponsored
Britek - Mr Reindler isnt re-signed for 2012 but main sponsor seems to be advertising with him in the newspapers each week
GRM - Both drivers out of deal, main sponsor out of deal. Maybe
JDR - Full
PE/KR - Pepsi/Murf on a 1 year deal. Rights noises being made so may come back. Stratco seems to be pushing Mr Reynolds bigtime.. so its hard to see an opening here
LDM - WL's contract up at season's end. Would be um, interesting if SuperCheap were to go to a team with strong links to AutoPro/Autobarn...

So what if it is GRM... with that team's longstanding deal with Valvoline, what would happen with Mr Ingall's links at Castrol? And if Fujitsu doesnt come back, money wise Valvoline may become title sponsor on the other car. Who would go though.. presumably the pilot of #34?

Or BJR. Could the SuperCheap dollars land in car #14? BJR seem to have a lot of subsidiary sponsors that are across both cars, I wonder if that would suit the SuperCheap brand custodians? Or would the BJR brands shift to #21? Fuchs also clashes with Castrol..

Or is there another option... it would be hard to see a team investing in Holden hardware that will be obsolete in 12 months time.. so a deal with Mr Forklifts & Tekno for example in Commodores isnt particularly simple.. unless Holden helps.. Could they? Maybe. Maybe not.

Even if being aboard a Ford was an option...
FPR - Full
RNR - Full (PD is contracted, and more than likely to stay)
SBR - Not sure he would be welcome.. Irwin deal is up at season's end, as is Mr Davison's
JRR - Mr Slade's deal is up at season's end isnt it?
DJR - #18 may be available... but SuperCheap would want full car signage, what happens to Jim Beam?
Tekno - Presumably the team owner's son will return in 2012
TDR - Presumably the team owner's son will return in 2012
FFF - Presumably the team owner will return in 2012

Cubic dollars seems to open doors.. but from all accounts the SuperCheap dowry isnt a $2m+ deal... but could run a car with manufacturer and/or REC income assistance...

Does Mr Ingall want to own a REC?
Old 25 Jul 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2931122)   #158
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is Tim Slade considered a SOARF, where the Father is not quite a Father, if you know what i mean? I cannot see JR and Slade not being the backbone of JRR for quite a while, especially with Larko espousing the great efforts Slade makes every week without any apparent issues at JRR
Old 25 Jul 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2931127)   #159
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
is Tim Slade considered a SOARF, where the Father is not quite a Father, if you know what i mean? I cannot see JR and Slade not being the backbone of JRR for quite a while, especially with Larko espousing the great efforts Slade makes every week without any apparent issues at JRR
Sponsorship levels might be the issue there... the arrangement at SBR seems to have them responsible for securing the budget to run #47, with the whole of the REC income flowing to SBR as well. Plus any Ford factory dollars. From the look of all 3 SBR cars, they arent the best funded in the field. Sure, the cars are regularly competitive, and always look a million bucks... but arguably they run 3 cars on the price of 888 running two...

Mr Slade was said to be on a performance review process when he signed at JRR/SBR, with plans that potentially saw Mr Moffat into that seat if the attitude werent there. I guess they are.. as he is still there...

Could Mr Ingall do a better job? Maybe financially such a deal might bring more sponduli to the team, to spend on development for all 3 cars. Mr Ingall probably hasnt really shown himself as a team leader.. at Perkins, at SBR before or at PMM.. so not sure the 'competitive package' would improve for them should the SuperCheap millions rock up there...
Old 26 Jul 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2931149)   #160
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Could Mr Ingall do a better job? Maybe financially such a deal might bring more sponduli to the team, to spend on development for all 3 cars. Mr Ingall probably hasnt really shown himself as a team leader.. at Perkins, at SBR before or at PMM.. so not sure the 'competitive package' would improve for them should the SuperCheap millions rock up there...
but that goes against this:
Quote:
SBR - Not sure he would be welcome.. Irwin deal is up at season's end, as is Mr Davison's

I have a glaring question. If logistics need to be sorted out so they can decide if they can re-sign Fabs, after only 2 race meetings since a major restructure, why can HRT re-sign Tander for 3 years, after only 1 race meeting since said restructure

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/07/25/...act-extension/
Old 26 Jul 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2931152)   #161
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
why can HRT re-sign Tander for 3 years, after only 1 race meeting since said restructure
I daresay because Mr Tander, as a former champion, is seen as being a key member of any future structure... You know, build a team around your key people, etc.?

Coulthard, as a likeable guy that has undoubted talent, but has yet to fully deliver (for whatever reason), is not quite seen as being so indispensable.

Plus there is the small matter of the fact that Tander's ride is fully funded by Holden and a fleet of sponsors - certainly far more comfortably funded than the Bundaberg car of Coulthard, which receives less of the Holden money, less secure sponsorship, and less man hours than the HRT equipe... and is therefore naturally going to be a more season-to-season proposition.
Old 28 Jul 2011, 02:58 (Ref:2931987)   #162
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got no idea about any of it, however a couple of thoughts come to mind.

1. BJR could be a very good fit.
2. How much does Mr Ingall like the Gold Coast lifestyle? i think a lot. He has been there for several years now, has a young family there and might not want to uproot. With that being said, what SE QLD options are there? Or can he still live at GC where his team is located in VIC?

Perhaps he can team up with Steve Ellery in a supercheap hyundai... The Southeast queensland Hyundai International v8 racing Team.
Old 28 Jul 2011, 04:27 (Ref:2932000)   #163
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
I've got no idea about any of it, however a couple of thoughts come to mind.

1. BJR could be a very good fit.
2. How much does Mr Ingall like the Gold Coast lifestyle? i think a lot. He has been there for several years now, has a young family there and might not want to uproot. With that being said, what SE QLD options are there? Or can he still live at GC where his team is located in VIC?

Perhaps he can team up with Steve Ellery in a supercheap hyundai... The Southeast queensland Hyundai International v8 racing Team.
He's already in a S.H.I.T. team.
Old 28 Jul 2011, 05:48 (Ref:2932008)   #164
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Speed News Australia last night, they had a small interview with Russell, who said he would still be in a Holden in 2012, with Supercheap sponsorship, but may not be PMM.
Old 28 Jul 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2932028)   #165
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
could this maybe mean, that the PMM-888 tie up is still a possibility?

Bargs has not been living in albury, and i am doubtful bright or JT were either, so the travel from QLD may be a possibility. its just an extra plane
Old 30 Jul 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2933155)   #166
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With DJR next year and how they need to get a new REC for car #18, could we see a boost from Norton pay for the new REC?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2933230)   #167
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR don't need a new REC next year! The agreement to use the #18 REC is for 2 years (2011 + 2012)
Old 30 Jul 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2933260)   #168
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Well, from chatter around the traps, the current REC owner is leaving DJR at the end of the year.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2934752)   #169
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Everyone else must still be asleep...

Dumbrell to retire from full time racing at the end of the year according to MeNews, and has announced as such to a corporate function, to concentrate on business commitments.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2934873)   #170
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe after the whole will he won't he charade of last year, no body is taking it too seriously?
Old 3 Aug 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2935208)   #171
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime in AA today, Mr Fogarty reports that HRT are unlikely to be title sponsored by Toll next season

While Mobil is also not likely to be continuing as a partner

Hard questions?

Meantime Mr Walkinshaw and Mr Stewart are in the US with Rockstar, trying to encourage that company to become HRT's title sponsor

Article also says HRT's operating budget for 2 cars is around $8m per season, while the main sponsor group brings $3m a season to the table, presumably with Holden bringing the rest.

Makes the reported $1m a year to support 888 look like a good investment huh?
Old 3 Aug 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2935211)   #172
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Surprised about Mobil leaving but not surprised about Toll. It would be weird to see the HRT cars without some Mobil sponsorship somewhere on the car.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2935212)   #173
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Surprised about Mobil leaving but not surprised about Toll. It would be weird to see the HRT cars without some Mobil sponsorship somewhere on the car.
HRT was supported by Castrol until Mr Brock showed up...
Old 3 Aug 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2935215)   #174
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this series still running to have a 2012 silly season? So many moons since the last race I thought it had been cancelled.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2935236)   #175
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
hmmm maybe Mr Ingall to slot into #61 with SCA and bring Castrol support?????