Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jul 2002, 14:19 (Ref:330213)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
vw

in autocar vw boss bernd pischetsrieder says that their sportscar involvement has served them well - "if the cars only raced at le mans, it might be questionable. but they race the whole alms as well, a very popular series in the usa, where le mans is bigger than any f1 race.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 17:06 (Ref:330322)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
He is also quoted today as saying that they have no intention of entering F1 - does this mean that the sportscar programme is to continue either as Audi or as Bentley. It would be great to see Bentley do a full ALMS season as wall as a proper assault on LeMans
Old 9 Jul 2002, 19:40 (Ref:330464)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lovely to see a senior representative of a major manufacturer getting his priorities right!

Seriously though, one wonders whether there are one or two other senior executives who have their companies heavily (but largely unsuccessfully) involved in F1 who looked just a little enviously at Audiis success at Le Mans and elsewhere. I can think of one such name (previously very closely associated with Le Mans)!!
Old 9 Jul 2002, 19:49 (Ref:330483)   #4
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree, well it's nearly the same company (Porsche will build a GTP for 2004) or did you mean Mr. R. Haugh who was rather silent after the F1 race at Silverstone ?
Old 10 Jul 2002, 06:10 (Ref:330746)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I can think of one such name (previously very closely associated with Le Mans)!!
Let me guess... I'll say :
- Norbert Haug
- Mr Toyota

Old 10 Jul 2002, 08:23 (Ref:330824)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and possibly the green cars with the(now)pussycats on the side...
Old 11 Jul 2002, 14:16 (Ref:331878)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not with jag F1 programme going on. Aston Martin perhaps?
Old 11 Jul 2002, 15:06 (Ref:331923)   #8
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
Not with jag F1 programme going on. Aston Martin perhaps?
Unfortunately the chances of having Aston Martin involved with racing are very grim at best.

Ford has reduced its motorsport budget for 2002 and further cuts will happen.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 15:25 (Ref:331939)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know how Ford could cut it's motor sport budget, and dramatically too.

Close down the pathetic excuse of an F1 team, Jaguar Racing.

Take them back to Le Mans with a GTP, basing the engine on the Jaguar 4l V8 if they can. It would be great to see them chase that eighth win. Aston Martin could enter the GTS class (or GT I suppose) with the DB7.

If they need to be in F1, then let Cosworth supply some good teams.

And while we are on this theme Porsche could drop this SUV thing and get back to Le Mans pronto.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 15:28 (Ref:331943)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually don't close it down, sell it. Then Ford will reduce its motorsport spending and the team might become more successful.

I am not a fan of VW or Audi, but I like the way they go about their motor racing. There is more to motorsport (so much more!) than F1. Why can't more manufacturers see this.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 21:10 (Ref:332156)   #11
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should all be glad that not more manufacturers see this, otherwise the Sportscar scene might become the same boring, money-eating and commercial circus as F1 is...not please !!! We shouldn't bring Bernie any ideas, should we?