Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Apr 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1566859)   #1
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's the New Guy??

I see we have a new moderator
Old 1 Apr 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1566882)   #2
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
never heard of him
Old 1 Apr 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1566888)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have heard of Woolley, I think I saw him down at the Indy last year
Old 1 Apr 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1567195)   #4
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Welcome to Australia & New Zealand Touring Cars Woolley, please be gentle!
Old 1 Apr 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1567257)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woolley is a new moderator to this forum, but not new to 10/10ths moderating..

He is a fan of our V8Supercar series, like more and more of our European-based posters are tending to be, and spends some time down in this part of the world on occassion....

A welcome to the team
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Apr 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1567273)   #6
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just another example of how our australian jobs are being sent offshore for cheaper labour.

Welcome Woolley
Old 1 Apr 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1567294)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H
just another example of how our australian jobs are being sent offshore for cheaper labour.
I guess you havent compared our paypackets then
Fully imported, with the Royal Warrant and all that costs big bucks compared to us convict folks

The biggest advantage having a European rattling their chains in our halls is that a moderator will (hopefully) be around during the Australian daytime... to keep the place on the straight and narrow.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Apr 2006, 03:45 (Ref:1567395)   #8
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am around during the Aussie daytime, what is the problem???
Old 2 Apr 2006, 05:56 (Ref:1567425)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
I am around during the Aussie daytime, what is the problem???
It could be you.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1567778)   #10
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he runs a tight ship,this forum certainly needs it at the momenent.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1568390)   #11
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
I hope he runs a tight ship,this forum certainly needs it at the momenent.
Where can I get tickets for this tight ship that this forum needs at 'the momenent'???
When is it leaving for momenent???
Where is momenent, and is the weather nice at this time of the year???
Old 2 Apr 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1568569)   #12
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Where can I get tickets for this tight ship that this forum needs at 'the momenent'???
When is it leaving for momenent???
Where is momenent, and is the weather nice at this time of the year???
Old 3 Apr 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1568682)   #13
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.....Yeah,small things amuse small minds.

The moderating standards on this forum have dropped in the last six months and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.Too many trolls,spoilers in the middle of threads on totally unrelated subjects and too many threads that wander off topic (Yes,no doubt I am guilty too).It's getting like V8 Central here.

Again,I hope by the addition of Mr Wolley as a moderator that the admin of Ten-Tenths wish to raise the forum standards.

Old 3 Apr 2006, 04:00 (Ref:1568691)   #14
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
The moderating standards on this forum have dropped in the last six months and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Too many trolls,spoilers in the middle of threads on totally unrelated subjects and too many threads that wander off topic

Again,I hope by the addition of Mr Wolley as a moderator that the admin of Ten-Tenths wish to raise the forum standards.
Why dont you say what you really think.

A pity you do nothing to improve the situation either.

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1568769)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The moderating standards have not dropped. The quality of postings and posters has dropped and the increased level of drivel being posted is making it difficult for the mods to keep up with every single post.

Please remember all our moderators are volunteers with lives off Ten-Tenths. Much as we would love to be able to pay them to be here full-time, they have to work for a living like everyone else.

If you want the forum to be better moderated, then start taking a bit of responsibility. The "Warn" button is there for a reason. If you think a post needs to be looked at, then USE it.

If people are trolling, then IGNORE them. Don't rise to flame bait. Anyone who trolls does it because they are looking for a reaction. If they don't get one, they'll eventually get bored and go away.

Our mod team are doing their best - but without your help, both in letting them know of a problem, and in discouraging those who are trying to make trouble - then there's only so much they can do.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1568894)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H

Welcome Woolley
LOL, no, I'm on the same rate as the existing mods - absolutely nothing. What I am, is on a different time zone in order to give support to the already overworked regulars. As EP says, there's way too much posting without thinking going on - flamebait, slagging off, in-fighting - and the best way for that to be cured is for a little consideration before pressing the button. If you think someone's post is diatribe, tell us, don't post it in the thread.

By way of background, I've been following Aussie V8s since they started hitting our screens a few years ago, Parker Enzed and Utes have followed more recently. I don't claim to be an expert, and I'm definitely not up to speed on the local politics. However, I did make sure that my Australian holiday adventure last year coincided with Surfer's paradise for the chance to see these beasts for real. What I found was wonderful hospitality, friendly locals - including the chance to meet several drivers who were without exception courteous and welcoming, and cars that exceeded my expectations. You guys don't know how lucky you are. What I hope to see here is the same attitude that I found in real life. It's up to you guys to want to show the world what a friendly nation you are.

Up to you now. Have fun, but excercise a little decorum.

Chris
Old 3 Apr 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1568904)   #17
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope you dont see some local joviality in the wrong light, or you may be branded a whinging pom!!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1568957)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, my official recommendation from the Aussie marshals was 'Not bad value for a Pom!', so I took that as a success.

Pictures
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1568967)   #19
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG - and the first image is of the head of the Oran Park Mafia!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1568977)   #20
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
OMG - and the first image is of the head of the Oran Park Mafia!
Obviously an "in" joke?