Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 May 2000, 04:29 (Ref:5801)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's 12:31 a.m. here in Canada and I am watching last year's race from Japan. I hope they either keep the "window" open or cancel this race before they run out of time to broadcast it. I don't want to see half a race.

Meanwhile I will hang around here I guess. We have had a 5 hour thunderstorm here but I guess it is over now.

UPDATE: NO racing for Canada. They are off the air and the rain is still raining in Motegi. I guess I will find out tomorrow if anything happened. Ratz.

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 13 May 2000).]
Old 13 May 2000, 05:28 (Ref:5802)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

been up for 2 hours...it's half six here....
Old 13 May 2000, 05:55 (Ref:5803)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its 2:00 a.m. here. They said it might go off if they got it under way by 3:00 p.m. their time which is about an hour from now. I don't think I can stay awake that long.

UPDATE: Don't have to. They put it off until 10:30 Sunday night our time. So I get to go to work zombified. Not that I care as I'm starting a new job the following week! Ratz double triple quadruple ratz though.

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 13 May 2000).]
Old 13 May 2000, 06:35 (Ref:5804)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a thought- what if it is raining tomorrow? They pack their bags and go home without a race?
Old 13 May 2000, 16:55 (Ref:5805)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i'm very smug about this. i got up at 3.45 to watch the timesheet (no audio). and haven't had a wink of sleep since. had 3 hours sleep last night, and i'm suffering. my brain's well slow! the things i'll do for cart. do i get saddo of the week?
honestly, some people's kids.
Old 13 May 2000, 18:30 (Ref:5806)   #6
Liz
Veteran

They're broadcasting the restart (if there is one) following a lame boxing match - pray for a first round knockout! - at 10:30 tonight. I will watch the Omega Timing board until the race comes on TV. Bella, I went to bed after I posted that and slept unitl 10:00 but I'm not going out today except to pick up the laundry - it still looks like rain which is a good enough excuse.

I hope everyone at CART is well rested by now. Norberto is out of the hospital but still can't drive.
Old 14 May 2000, 02:32 (Ref:5807)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Is the race on? Is it raining in Japan? No action on the timing board and the boxing is still going on TV.