Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 May 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2456747)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Race 7, 8 & 9 - Donington Park, Derbyshire - 17th May 2009

Entry List (Unofficial) for Donington

#DriverTeamCarGraphic
1Fabrizio GiovanardiVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
2Mat JacksonRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
3Jason PlatoRacing SilverlineChevrolet Lacetti
4Colin TurkingtonTeam RACBMW 320i
5Matt NealVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
9Adam JonesCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon
10Tom ChiltonTeam AonFord Focus
11Rob CollardAirwaves BMWBMW 320i
12Jonathan AdamAirwaves BMWBMW 320i
15Martyn BellSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
16Nick LeasonTeam AFM RacingBMW 120d
17Harry VaulkhardTempus SportChevrolet Lacetti
20Alan MorrisonTeam AonFord Focus
27Liam McMillanMaxtremeSEAT Toledo
29Paul O'NeillSunshine.co.uk/TechspeedHonda Integra
35James ThompsonTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
44Stephen JelleyTeam RACBMW 320i
50John GeorgeTH Motorsport with JAGHonda Integra
55Dave PinkneyTeam DynamicsHonda Civic
63Martin JohnsonBoulevard Team RacingVauxhall Astra
77Andrew JordanVX RacingVauxhall Vectra
85Dan EavesCartridge World Carbon ZeroSEAT Leon

Car graphics courtesy of AndyBlackmoreDesign | SpotterGuides.com

BTCC Timetable:
TimeSessionDay
09.40 - 10.20Free PracticeSat
12.25 - 13.05Free PracticeSat
16.00 - 16.30QualifyingSat
11.45Round 7Sun
14.20Round 8Sun
17.10Round 9Sun

Predictions Competition: Enter Here

Last edited by Hazard; 16 May 2009 at 08:24.
Old 6 May 2009, 20:59 (Ref:2456780)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Jason Plato Team Silverline
Racing Silverline

/pedant
Old 6 May 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2456787)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is the track still there?
Old 6 May 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2456797)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit odd to enter as two teams, as I'd imagine it scuppers any Independant Teams Championship run.
Old 6 May 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2456822)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Racing Silverline

/pedant

Ah thats my fault for copying / pasting that list off the previous round topic!

Sorted now.

duke - well JP's sponsor isn't paying for Jacksons entry are they?
Old 7 May 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2457009)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know how many cars RML have available?
It seems like a cost-effective way of getting into a good car, would other drivers such as Shedden or Doyle consider this route?
Old 7 May 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2457060)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is the track still there?
The teams get off-road tires instead of slicks.
Because of his "off-road" experience it would not surprise me to see John George winning all 3 races.

Old 7 May 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2457343)   #8
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Does anyone know how many cars RML have available?
It seems like a cost-effective way of getting into a good car, would other drivers such as Shedden or Doyle consider this route?
Shedden said he was considering a number of options so it's absolutely possible. Certainly RML have 2 more cars available. Let's assume that those who are racing now were driven by Huff and Menu, for instance, there are still Larini's and Orido's. Of course talking about 2008 cars. I also believe that they have enough spare parts to put together at least 1 more car, but I doubt they will need to.
Old 7 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2457348)   #9
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But don't Tempus have one of those cars, so that would bring it down to 1 complete car. What about Schie, I seem to think he either had one new car, or wanted it and didn't get it. If he didn't, and that leaves one car, I think Tempus have an option on that one, but no one knows what the details are there. It depends on wether RML can run a three car operation with the Lacetti in the UK and the Cruze in the WTCC.
Old 7 May 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2457358)   #10
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
But don't Tempus have one of those cars, so that would bring it down to 1 complete car. What about Schie, I seem to think he either had one new car, or wanted it and didn't get it. If he didn't, and that leaves one car, I think Tempus have an option on that one, but no one knows what the details are there. It depends on wether RML can run a three car operation with the Lacetti in the UK and the Cruze in the WTCC.
I think Tempus have a 2007 car updated to 2008. So should be the car they have an option on. Maybe I forgot Nykjaer, he should have one of the 2007 cars as well, though. As for Schie, TBH I have no idea. Aslak Vind might help a bit on the subject? He knows a lot about this kind of stuff.
Old 7 May 2009, 21:13 (Ref:2457528)   #11
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevrolet Danmark has their old 2007-spec cars.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2992

Schie aswell.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3253

Tempus should have a new one, but it's not really clear. Huff talks about "being back behind the wheel of the car with which I achieved so much success in the WTCC last season"
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3081
Old 8 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2458187)   #12
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shedden or Doyle consider this route
If they could'nt afford to run the cars they had then running a chevy from RML would mean they must be certain of winning the lotto tonight!
Old 9 May 2009, 11:08 (Ref:2458481)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
If they could'nt afford to run the cars they had then running a chevy from RML would mean they must be certain of winning the lotto tonight!
So, did Jackson win the lotto?
Old 9 May 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2458528)   #14
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does it matter? Forget the rumours, the season has begun now.
Old 9 May 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2458563)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The season has begun, but at both rounds so far at least one last minute change has occured to the line-up.
Having seen both Plato and Jackson negotiate last minute deals into RML Chevys, I was wondering if Donington may see another of these deals?
Old 9 May 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2458581)   #16
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see it personally. We don't want to get too carried away and expect this every round. I think those two entries are the exception to the usual rule.
Old 9 May 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2458611)   #17
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Your missing Jason Hughes from your list who should be back out in his MG.
Old 10 May 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2459268)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
What's the current track layout they'll be using?
Old 10 May 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2459352)   #19
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They'll use the National layout I believe, as they did last year. I'm really glad it's going ahead, going to be a great weekend.
Old 10 May 2009, 20:49 (Ref:2459539)   #20
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
And it would have been bad for the series if they changed the calendar while the season was running. I know Alan Gow would have had no blame for it, but not everyone is informed about how this stuff goes on and it could have hurt the image of the Btcc, which is the last thing they need.
Old 10 May 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2459614)   #21
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
They'll use the National layout I believe, as they did last year. I'm really glad it's going ahead, going to be a great weekend.
Ah, I was under the impression the track was half torn up.
Old 10 May 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2459649)   #22
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope - as I understand it, they won't start on the track modifications until they have their major commitments for this season out of the way. June or July, if memory serves. So far they've been working on infrastructure I think.
Old 11 May 2009, 03:33 (Ref:2459721)   #23
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a part of the track that was dug up to build the access tunnel to the infield for the new pit complex/construction traffic. I'd say it's probably been relayed now as they were racing there this weekend!
Old 11 May 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2459741)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Is any of the track under a yellow flag restriction or does the current license allow unrestricted racing?
Old 11 May 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2459746)   #25
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unrestricted as the run off area is now large enough.