Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 May 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2467062)   #76
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=3505

The reasonably priced car gets popular.
wasn't Nash being suggested as the most likely candidate for the second Tenmpus Lacetti? If he's now heading to RML, can we assume that one is dead in the water for now (if it wasn't before)?
Old 22 May 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2467074)   #77
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably more cost-efficient driving for the suppliers of the cars, rather than someone who would be either buying or leasing the cars from the supplier, plus all the technical support they would then need.
Old 22 May 2009, 14:55 (Ref:2467104)   #78
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe, maybe not. But if so, does Tempus have a use of existence anyway? Would in that case it not be better for Vaulkhard to race at RML also?

Btw Vaulkhard is doing a good job this year so far!
Old 22 May 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2467129)   #79
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nash confirmed at RML
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75513
Old 22 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2467145)   #80
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
At the end of the season, at this rate - there will be about 10 RML Lacetti's on the grid!
Old 22 May 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2467279)   #81
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm waiting for someone to take that remark seriously and start trying to work out where all the cars have come from and how many are left.
Old 22 May 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2467367)   #82
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Not that long ago there were people here questioning if RML had the ability to run Plato in the BTCC where there were clashes with the WTCC. Now look at it!
Old 22 May 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2467374)   #83
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm waiting for someone to take that remark seriously and start trying to work out where all the cars have come from and how many are left.
well......

How many 08 Lacettis were built? I'm assuming Nash will get an 08 car, same as Plato and Jackson.

RML had 4 for sale earlier this year, I don't know if that was their entire stock, possibly not.

Tempus brought two, although I seem to recall hearing they only leased them. Question is do they actually have the second car? If they do they that's 5 cars (Plato, Jackson, Nash, Vaulkard + spare) out of the 4 that I thought were available.

Oh wait.... you weren't being serious were you
Old 22 May 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2467386)   #84
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else see the pic of Giovanardi on btcc.net? I always thought he was a cool customer.
Old 22 May 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2467397)   #85
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gio blowing a fuse there!

Interesting to see that Vaulkhard has been juggling finishing final year coursework at uni alongside racing in the BTCC!
Old 23 May 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2467723)   #86
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not that long ago there were people here questioning if RML had the ability to run Plato in the BTCC where there were clashes with the WTCC. Now look at it!
Yes but people forgot about the RML sports car team!!!
Old 23 May 2009, 19:02 (Ref:2467765)   #87
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
The question is - do we have any clashes when the BTCC, WTCC and the LMS are all on at the same time? Not that I'm doubting their ability to do all three! Just curious.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2467793)   #88
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is still the 2 older cars that harry used last year, they could be updated if rml ran out of cars
Old 23 May 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2467804)   #89
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would that not depend on who bought the cars from Vaulkhard?
Old 23 May 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2467821)   #90
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
there is still the 2 older cars that harry used last year, they could be updated if rml ran out of cars
Not really. They were 2006-spec cars. There's enough changes to the shell that many of the latest spec parts can't be fitted.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2474569)   #91
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Tempus brought two, although I seem to recall hearing they only leased them. Question is do they actually have the second car? If they do they that's 5 cars (Plato, Jackson, Nash, Vaulkard + spare) out of the 4 that I thought were available.
I think with the lack of a 2nd driver, Tempus 2nd car might have been reallocated back to RML for Nash. For sure this is the case if they were only leased.

Also, I'd be very surprised if RML have more than 3 + 1spare -08 Chevies. If they have more, why then did they borrow the 2007 STCC Chevy and fully upgrade it to 2008 spec to race as 4th car in Macau 2008?
Old 3 Jun 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2474576)   #92
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
It was Neal, and as much as I can't stand him, it wasn't really his fault, just a racing incident. The pack was close, Jelly moved across a bit, as may have Neal, and it just sent Jelly off. Vaulkhard didn't even have a gap against Gio, he just bounced over the kerbs and into him, so I'm glad he got a penalty. I think overall it was fairly clean.
Agreed, and I'm generally quite happy about the much stricter attitude by the race officials since the first weekend of this season. I can finally enjoy the great racing in BTCC again, instead of constantly getting irritated on lesser drivers sending the opposition off the track and getting away with it. And even if they would only punish half the deserving incidents, the knowledge for a driver that there might be a consequence for naughtyness tends to be enough to play it fair. The penalties certainly made a huge impact on the driving standards (since the first weekend) to what it used to be.

Quote:
I thought Neal was a bit out of order when Turkington took him in either race 2 or 3, Turkington lined him up for most of the lap, and then just managed to out break him into McLeans and slide down the inside without any contact. Then Neal just hit the back of Turkingtons car, and because of RWD he had to get off the throttle and lost time all down the back straight.
While Neals move was a bit unfair, for me Turkington deserved that move since got away unpunished in the same race with probably the ugliest move of the weekend. At the start of race 3 he just kept pushing Jones hard from the back until he went off into the gravel. If he at any time would have backed off the throttle, when already pushing Jones ahead of him, Jones wouldn't eventually have spun around and got trapped in the gravel.