Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 May 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2471406)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Once again I think SEAT will totally dominate this weekend.

Pau was BMW's only real chance of any kind of result I think, and a combination of factors took that away from them.

Again, I think the decision to give SEAT back .2 bar of boost is another knee-jerk reaction to their bad performance at Pau (which on paper, SEAT were always going to struggle there given the nature of the track).
Old 29 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2471530)   #27
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Once again I think SEAT will totally dominate this weekend.

Pau was BMW's only real chance of any kind of result I think, and a combination of factors took that away from them.

Again, I think the decision to give SEAT back .2 bar of boost is another knee-jerk reaction to their bad performance at Pau (which on paper, SEAT were always going to struggle there given the nature of the track).
I absolutely agree.
Old 29 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2471686)   #28
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
How much did you see the word SEAT on the previous livery?
Good point....although there not even SEATs corporate colour anymore!
Old 30 May 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2471940)   #29
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
It just makes no sense to further penalise and slow-down a car that hasn't even won a race!
The reason BMW hasn't won yet this year is entirely down to bad luck and bad teamwork. They could easily have had 4 wins already if things went their way. And even at Pau BMW was clearly faster than the Chevies, it's just almost impossible to pass on that track. Of course 5 of the top 6 BMWs in Pau race 2 spending first lap damaging and taking each other out didnt exactly help...

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the -20kg 2.7bar SEAT performs relative the BMW in Spain. They should look good, but just look what happened to pace predictions at Curitiba and Puebla. For the prediction contest I will probably flip a coin to help me decide.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2472007)   #30
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SEAT dominant in practice. Hopefully a 0 score in the predictions isn't on the cards for me this weekend
Old 30 May 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2472085)   #31
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not dominant now - but still first.

Monteiro fastest from Farfus then Larini. That's a nice mix now isn't it? Shape of the rest of the season, or just a one off?

Oh, and Lada 23rd mind.
Old 30 May 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2472128)   #32
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
The reason BMW hasn't won yet this year is entirely down to bad luck and bad teamwork. They could easily have had 4 wins already if things went their way. And even at Pau BMW was clearly faster than the Chevies, it's just almost impossible to pass on that track. Of course 5 of the top 6 BMWs in Pau race 2 spending first lap damaging and taking each other out didnt exactly help...

In any case, it will be interesting to see how the -20kg 2.7bar SEAT performs relative the BMW in Spain. They should look good, but just look what happened to pace predictions at Curitiba and Puebla. For the prediction contest I will probably flip a coin to help me decide.
But, be honest, were it not for the ridicolous penalty for Priaulx and other 8 drivers, do you think a BMW wouldn't have won? Things can happen at the start, it's called racing accident, but Pau was just insane. 9 drivers overrev while downshifting and Priaulx gets penalized. And, talking about Andy, he was 90rpms above the limit. The next day, Priaulx is slower than he could be to be careful while downshifting, he doesn't do any overreving, and 15 drivers break the rules. Nobody gets penalized! This is not bad luck or bad team work, this is just s**t.
Old 30 May 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2472129)   #33
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Not dominant now - but still first.

Monteiro fastest from Farfus then Larini. That's a nice mix now isn't it? Shape of the rest of the season, or just a one off?

Oh, and Lada 23rd mind.
I believe Tiago put new tires on, he improved 1.2s compared to this morning, while Farfus improved by 0.3s.
Old 30 May 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2472176)   #34
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
But, be honest, were it not for the ridicolous penalty for Priaulx and other 8 drivers, do you think a BMW wouldn't have won?
No, Im pretty confident BMW, quite likely Priaulx, would have won. Both he and Farfus looked really really strong on race pace. The win pretty much fell into Huffs lap when Farfus slid across that oil spec after the silly penalties.

Quote:
This is not bad luck or bad team work, this is just s**t.
Well, my guess, Priaulx was the innocent victim of a FIA/KOS vs Manufacturers "who will blink first" competition. At least that is the feeling I get when reading between the lines.
Old 30 May 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2472197)   #35
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Seat dominant again, all this mess and still nothing has changed. 6 Seats, 3 Chevys and 1 BMW in Q2 and this is not a particularly slipstream track, so I'm not buying it that it's BMW's fault this time again... This is disgusting.
Old 30 May 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2472223)   #36
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Seat dominant again, all this mess and still nothing has changed. 6 Seats, 3 Chevys and 1 BMW in Q2 and this is not a particularly slipstream track, so I'm not buying it that it's BMW's fault this time again... This is disgusting.
Well, due to last weekends nonsense SEAT TDi are now 20kg underweight.
Old 30 May 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2472249)   #37
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Tarquini pole - SEAT Top 4 (Rydell not so good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
seems like SEAT (finally) have a revised livery? Hope so, current one stinks!

http://media.seat.com/galeria/main.p...e9c5f0d4d41a20
Only Géne has this livery, and on camera, it actually looks terrible. Like there's a blue frame attached to the car. I think the Club SEAT liveries are better - though the old Red Bull liveries were by far better.
Old 30 May 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2472266)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Qualifying

Gene & Repsol = Spanish, so a different livery in their home race?
Old 30 May 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2472301)   #39
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Wait a minute, let me get the Coronel penalization thing straight: he was underweight during the post-Q2 scrutineering, as they said. Why were only the Q2 times taken away? If he was underweight at the end of Q2, one can hardly believe that he was within the allowed weight in the first quali. So, if I have a car that is lighter than what the rules say it should be and I make it into Q2 and then I put ballast on it so that it's within the rules nobody will get me? OMG, this is such a mess...
Old 30 May 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2472303)   #40
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
Well, due to last weekends nonsense SEAT TDi are now 20kg underweight.
6 tenths are a bit too much. I hope things will change in Brno, it's a BMW track and the German cars should be lighter, given what just happened...
Old 30 May 2009, 21:08 (Ref:2472305)   #41
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they can check you in/after Q1 to I suppose. And in that case you will be at the back of the grid. But they probably don't have enough time to check every car after Q1. Nevertheless your point is valid; you can abuse this regulation.
Old 30 May 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2472315)   #42
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Well, they can check you in/after Q1 to I suppose. And in that case you will be at the back of the grid. But they probably don't have enough time to check every car after Q1. Nevertheless your point is valid; you can abuse this regulation.
Exactly. You just can't check 10 cars in 5 minutes and still give them time to put fuel and new tyres on. They COULD check the weight after Q1, but they never will, because there's not enough time. Another fine mess.
Old 30 May 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2472319)   #43
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Wait a minute, let me get the Coronel penalization thing straight: he was underweight during the post-Q2 scrutineering, as they said. Why were only the Q2 times taken away?
Same reason that Menu only lost his Q2 times at Marrakech.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2472495)   #44
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
Same reason that Menu only lost his Q2 times at Marrakech.
Well, no, in Marrakech Alain Menu's car failed to restart after the weight checks, which is totally different.
Old 31 May 2009, 08:58 (Ref:2472507)   #45
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, no, in Marrakech Alain Menu's car failed to restart after the weight checks, which is totally different.
What I meant was that he only lost his times from Q2. Normally any failure during the weighbridge checks (weight / ride height / re-start) mean you lose all times up to that point, i.e. including Q1 times.

The punishment is consistent.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2472537)   #46
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can remember that Coronel once also had the problem that his car did not restart after a check. First he was demoted to the last place. But he appealed and in the end only got a 5 or 10 place penalty, because a race before another driver (Huff?) got the same treatment.
Unfortunately I don't remember what race it was.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2472553)   #47
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
Quote:
What I meant was that he only lost his times from Q2. Normally any failure during the weighbridge checks (weight / ride height / re-start) mean you lose all times up to that point, i.e. including Q1 times.

The punishment is consistent.
Sure. The thing is, if the car fails to restart I don't care in terms of performance of the car. If the car is underweight, then it's something bigger. Those sporting rules should be rethought of.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2472574)   #48
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Well, anyway - race #1 about to get underway. The tennis (yes, Andy Murray himself) has been shifted off for this
Old 31 May 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2472588)   #49
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Wow. Yvan wins...quite a few clashes in the midfield.

Great recovery by Farfus!

WTCC probably needs to think about borrowing the BTCC reverse grid via a hat idea.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2472599)   #50
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Maybe, although I don't think Coronel really let himself drop back. I think he would not want to risk his indy-win by fighting of Priaulx to hard.
Nevertheless he might have fought harder if being overtaken meant he might lose a front-end start.