Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 15 Jul 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2927151)   #101
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Think Dario had a wall on rhs & power on lhs - which would you hit
Dario was turning right, following the wall round to the right, so not much on his rhs to hit really.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2927675)   #102
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
...and Franchitti tried to attack him...
This is the key... While he may have tried to attack him, the best he could muster was his front wheel alongside Power's rear wheel, which is absolutely not good enough, and deserves a penalty... He stuck his nose up the inside, but that was all - you could never claim he had his car up the inside like, say, Zanardi did on Andretti in 1998... While Alex was decisive, Franchitti was tentative and it was never ever going to come off... Definitely deserved a penalty...
Old 21 Jul 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2929244)   #103
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good reason on why Indycar suck so bad.

Quote:
Q: I've spent most of my adult life involved in motorsports in some way. From drag racing as a kid, to helping our local super modified driver at the dirt tracks of MO/IA, to attending F1 races in Europe in the '60's courtesy the US Army, to racing dirt tracks in CA, to working for short track promoters, to working for a major road course, to working for the biggest corporate sponsor in the US for 18 yrs., which included everything from sports cars to NASCAR to F1...I've been active in just about every form of racing, except Indy cars. Last year, I thought the Indy 500 was headed for oblivion and decided to start supporting the efforts of Randy Bernard to help resurrect the race and the series. In addition to corresponding with several influential people, included you, I have made initial steps to approach a major sponsor who is not involved in IndyCar at present. I worked in racing sponsorship for a long time and think I know a thing or two about it. After watching the Toronto race and later reading that IndyCar officials instructed drivers that the lead car into Turn 3 was directed to not take the inside line, but instead leave room for another car on the inside, I have decided that IndyCar is not really serious about being a professional racing series. This type of rule is used in amateur, kiddy racing, like Legends, 1/4 midgets, 5-yr-old go karters, etc. I'm sorry to see such a great tradition go by the boards, and I hope I'm wrong. Until Bernard and the owners decide to make the series a real racing series I won't be watching any more or attending any races. We will give our free tickets to Vegas to someone else and cancel plans for the suite to which we were inviting some potential corporate sponsors. Sponsors that would have been for the series or teams, whichever. I can't spend a whole race trying to explain to a CEO why the cars keep crashing in the same place all the time. It's like the PGA ruling that the person with the lowest score in a foursome must hit his ball into the rough instead of onto the green. Corporate money won't understand and will put their sponsorships elsewhere.

Duncan Lee, former Director of International Sponsorships, R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.

RM: I took the liberty of sending your letter directly to Randy Bernard and I'm sad to hear of your decision. But you have correctly identified the problem: telling the leader of a road course race that he or she cannot protect the inside line is lunacy. Like you said, it's not racing. And neither is blocking but there's a big difference between defending and blocking. Alex Tagliani used the outside to pass Graham Rahal and unlap himself and last year at Edmonton, Helio left the outside open for Will Power, who tried it and lost a spot. I believe that's called racing.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...s-mailbag-720/
Old 21 Jul 2011, 05:09 (Ref:2929265)   #104
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, what he said.

Chris