Alonso 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Grosjean (it's a democracy) 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3129882)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
No double-standards around here! Nothing to see, please move along!

Indeed.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3129955)   #52
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JB, of course. When everything is going right for him, he's brilliant. It's such a shame he's not quite so good at working round problems.

Hearty pats on the back for Vettel and Hulkenberg too.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3129978)   #53
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Makes me laugh though, when Seb did that race in race out last season, everyone found a reason to pick another guy, but when someone else does it......
IMO it's about style, attitude and personality, i.e how a guy behaves in triumph.... Jenson usually comes across as a bit of a gent, with humility.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3129981)   #54
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
IMO it's about style, attitude and personality, i.e how a guy behaves in triumph.... Jenson usually comes across as a bit of a gent, with humility.
So if Jenson held up a finger and Seb didn't, Seb would have been driver of the race...?
Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3129985)   #55
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
No double-standards around here! Nothing to see, please move along!
Hmm... I don't see a problem, as long as we don't get as many double standards as ... say... the FIA?

I'll get my coat
Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3129992)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FIA is perfectly fine with double standards as long as they are... standard.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3130174)   #57
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
So if Jenson held up a finger and Seb didn't, Seb would have been driver of the race...?
not that race, no - Seb didn't win it.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3130191)   #58
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
not that race, no - Seb didn't win it.
Yea he just drove from P12 (after the restart) to P2, overtook his team-mate TWICE and made a 1 stop work while technically having to drive the wheels off that Red Bull every lap. Clearly no DOTR stuff.

(And let me guess, nor was any of his pole to flag victories last year)
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3130211)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the top three all had great races. One dominated, one drove through the field, and I reckon the Renault ended up higher than it should have.

I was going to vote for Vettel, but I'd rather have by vote vilified so Button it is.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3130214)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, pants, I forgot to say. Button because he's Dutch.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3130235)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
FIA is perfectly fine with double standards as long as they are... standard.
and doubly so.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3130257)   #62
QnickFTW
Racer

http://tentenths.com/forum/poll.php?...ts&pollid=2779

Last year the same race went to Button, for driving from P13 to P3.
3 people has voted Vettel back then who drove from pole to flag.

Is it possible that 90% of this forum being British has something to do with this?

Seriously, I would never vote DOTR based on nationality, I'm too much of a racing fan (and an adult) for that. DOTR votes based on nationality are just lame and pity.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3130258)   #63
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post

Is it possible that 90% of this forum being British has something to do with this?

Seriously, I would never vote DOTR based on nationality, I'm too much of a racing fan (and an adult) for that
..or could it be that Jenson is a bit of a gent and a nice guy with it, Seb does come across sometimes as a bit of an arrogant spoilt brat.

BTW - it's not serious, it's mostly a fan thread...
Old 3 Sep 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3130263)   #64
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I do like Button. Vettel just annoys me. It's got nothing to do with nationality.

I voted for Button because he bounced back after an extended moribund period but taking the race in isolation - which I suppose is the real spirit of this thread - then I'd have to give a nod to Vettel. He was racey even if most of his main competitors were hammered at the start.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3130266)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
..or could it be that Jenson is a bit of a gent and a nice guy with it, Seb does come across sometimes as a bit of an arrogant spoilt brat.

He is a bit of a gent and good for him, it's good to see that in any sport also I think he's the better strategist than Hamilton.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3130327)   #66
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know.... the McLaren looked like the quickest car on the day to me. What was faster? You can't say RB because it was a brick down the straight and Webber could barely even pass Petrov with it.

Hamilton seemed to lose all his time in qualy due to the wing and his mistake, but was just as quick in the corners going by the screenshot he posted on twitter. So the McLaren was fast. And in the hands of Hamilton has been possibly the quickest car overall this season, despite some down-races. So because Button finally got to grips with it for once, I don't think makes him the DOTR.

If Vettel had dominated pole to flag and Button had driven from 12th to 2nd, passing his teammate twice, you can just about guarantee Button would get 100% of the votes. But I guess that's what happens when you have a lot of fans that respect one driver a lot (Button) and not so many like Vettel - DOTY is always going to be a little biased.

I've probably been biased myself in voting for my favourites too.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 06:02 (Ref:3130344)   #67
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
I agree about Vettel being an ignorant rich brat, and hes also a big sook (amongst others) and obvious that hes got one of the fastest cars in F1. Where as Buttons a Genuine bloke and a top guy.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3130372)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Seriously, I would never vote DOTR based on nationality, I'm too much of a racing fan (and an adult) for that. DOTR votes based on nationality are just lame and pity.
See voting for Webber.

So what? Be an adult and drop it, this isn't a new concept. What is annoying is when you vote for someone who happens to be your nationality and you are accused of doing so because of it.
A lot of posters vote and then justify their reason by saying 'because he's French' or similar, this is because we've had this discussion a million times.

Although looking at the recent voting, I think it may be really have a point right.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3130381)   #69
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yea he just drove from P12 (after the restart) to P2, overtook his team-mate TWICE and made a 1 stop work while technically having to drive the wheels off that Red Bull every lap. Clearly no DOTR stuff.

(And let me guess, nor was any of his pole to flag victories last year)
However: Koby, Perez, Alonso, Ham and Rogro were eliminated in 1 st lap and Maldonado shortly after, so there go 6 faster drivers than Seb. 12 to 6 immediately, even if a couple of minnows did sneek through in the mayhem.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3130450)   #70
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:

Again, it couldnt be more of a lame and pity reason to vote some1 DOTR. Based on their personality? Like really? Im a racing fan, I base my vote on who drove their heart out there, and P12 to P2 on a 1-stop was just that last weekend.

Last time I checked the question was not "Who do you like the most" , "Which country issued your passport" , "Who is not a spoiled brat" ... Driver of the race could not have less to do with nationality or personality.

I also agree it's not serious, we are having fun, I certainly do and I like how 1000000% of the votes gone for Jenson now
Old 4 Sep 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3130596)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Again, it couldnt be more of a lame and pity reason to vote some1 DOTR. Based on their personality? Like really? Im a racing fan, I base my vote on who drove their heart out there...
did he literally 'drive this heart out' on Sunday?

even that saying is as subjective as saying you like their personality (im guilty of this with numerous votes for Massa over the years) or nationality...its all just based on perception and not quantifiable at all. we have no way of knowing or proving who 'tried the hardest' out there...although im pretty sure Vettel's heart is still where its supposed to be but im not a doctor.

voted for Button btw. kept his cool after the restart which has been a problem for him in the past.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3130598)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Yep. Some things we just don't like. as The Cat once said, 'shallow IS my middle name!'.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3130723)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I also agree it's not serious, we are having fun, I certainly do and I like how 1000000% of the votes gone for Jenson now
It is no where near 1000000% of the vote, it is just under 100%, 10000 times lower than your exaggeration.
Anyway, he really is that nice an English chap.
Old 4 Sep 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3130778)   #74
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Jenson is a VERY popular guy !!!!
Old 4 Sep 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3130781)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

For me, absolutely not.

But I'm perfectly content for you to continue to think so.

It doesn't matter what you, or I or any of us think. We can vote for who we like for any reason we like. The more insane the reason the better.....