Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 6 Nov 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3163391)   #26
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
It's going to be pay driver or bust for the #38, I believe.

I don't see Wilson leaving Coyne or Servia leaving DRR.
So might it be Ernesto Viso's for the taking?

Quote:
Foyt's #14. And I put it 1st on the list. No matter how bad the entry as done this year, it's more or less the only paid drive left. And unlike Penske's #6 or Ganassi's #38, it is not going to be vapour ware.
That's an interesting thought. There was an article a while ago which said they were looking for an allrounder and listed names from all over the place such as Alex Lloyd, Ryan Briscoe, AJ Allmendinger and even Antonio Pizzonia as people the team are looking into. But why not Bruno Junqueira? He has qualified a Foyt car before at Indy.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3163444)   #27
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
So might it be Ernesto Viso's for the taking?
There already used to be strong Viso/Ganassi rumours a few years ago, so there's already a link. However, I'm not sure if Viso's co-ownership plans would fit Chip's agenda. But if Ernesto can't make it happen in 2013, he might aswell settle for "just" a ride, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
That's an interesting thought. There was an article a while ago which said they were looking for an allrounder and listed names from all over the place such as Alex Lloyd, Ryan Briscoe, AJ Allmendinger and even Antonio Pizzonia as people the team are looking into. But why not Bruno Junqueira? He has qualified a Foyt car before at Indy.
It's probably anyone's guess at this point... Well, word on the street is that AJ likes Cunningham a lot, but he might not the optimal pick on such a road heavy schedule. I suppose Briscoe could make sense, but he probably has better options than this. Meanwhile, Allmendinger is set to stay in NASCAR.
Old 6 Nov 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3163522)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
There already used to be strong Viso/Ganassi rumours a few years ago, so there's already a link. However, I'm not sure if Viso's co-ownership plans would fit Chip's agenda. But if Ernesto can't make it happen in 2013, he might aswell settle for "just" a ride, who knows.

It's probably anyone's guess at this point... Well, word on the street is that AJ likes Cunningham a lot, but he might not the optimal pick on such a road heavy schedule. I suppose Briscoe could make sense, but he probably has better options than this. Meanwhile, Allmendinger is set to stay in NASCAR.
I have nothing to add to the thread other than to say that your screen name cracks me up.
Old 7 Nov 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3163761)   #29
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems to me that Robin Miller has hit a new low.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...e-cheerleader/

orry, posted in the wrong thread:

Last edited by HJJ; 7 Nov 2012 at 15:05.
Old 8 Nov 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3164231)   #30
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
It seems to me that Robin Miller has hit a new low.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...e-cheerleader/

orry, posted in the wrong thread:
What a horrid piece.

SPEED bought him a suit this year, but you can't dress someone up in professionalism. Miller isn't reporting on IndyCar, and he isn't writing columns about IndyCar. He writes about himself, as if he's the most important thing going on in Indy. He'll personally attack anyone who doesn't make him feel good about himself, and when someone like Bernard accepts him, he exaggerates his role as if he were Bernard's chief adviser (just read the part where Miller has to make sure we all know he was the one who told an oblivious, lost Bernard to stay with Firestone to keep the owners happy. Just like TF-posters who got an automated reply when they emailed Bernard from their Yahoo accounts, Miller assumed the fact that Bernard didn't run away from him meant that Bernard really cared about him and valued his input as special, unique, and enlightening. It comes as no surprise to me that Miller's the kind of guy who assumes that anyone "new to the job" needs his hand held and can't make common sense conclusions. Maybe it's just me, but I hate people like that, who feel they know so much that you can never figure out so they just stuff it all down your throat. Talking to Miller being a prerequisite for the job makes the CEO position even less attractive than working with the Hulman board does).

So, sure, Robin, hate on Chip. Hate on Chip for trying to align the owners' interests with the series' interests. Hate on Chip for trying to keep the CEO on track of what he was saying he'd do. Hate on Chip because it hurts to know Bernard had more stakeholders than just Robin Miller and a few guys with Wordpress accounts.

Hate on Chip because it works, above all. His work is turning a thread about IndyCar into a thread about himself, just like he wanted.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 05:07 (Ref:3164364)   #31
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am fine with Millers article. Full of emotion and passion - which is something that Indycar needs plenty of these days in terms of where the sport is positioned.

I also understand is gripe - an owner who has been *****ing and moaning all year and played a role in the unseating of the CEO to pipe up with "everyone needs to be more positive" is a bit rich.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3164391)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I am fine with Millers article. Full of emotion and passion - which is something that Indycar needs plenty of these days in terms of where the sport is positioned.

I also understand is gripe - an owner who has been *****ing and moaning all year and played a role in the unseating of the CEO to pipe up with "everyone needs to be more positive" is a bit rich.
So you are ready to throw Chip and his team under his bus because he is not down with the struggle?
Old 9 Nov 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3164597)   #33
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and now back to the regular "silly season" thread. Bourdais returns to Dragon. No surprise there.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...dragon-racing/
Old 9 Nov 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3164730)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
So you are ready to throw Chip and his team under his bus because he is not down with the struggle?
Throw him under a bus? No - I was supporting the suggestion that its a little ironic that someone who has complained all year is now coming out telling people not to be so negative.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3164827)   #35
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, I sometimes score points off Penske, Chip and cranky Mike myself and will probably continue to do so thank you very much but unlike myself and Miller we don't have the kind of financial investment on the line that those bosses do. I like Bernard but I can see why Bernard was edged out as a result of his ignorance on the financial model of running a racing team. It's hard to be too sympathetic with Chip - he is mercurial to the point of self harm - but it's the Hulman regime that deserves the kind of ire that Miller directs at Ganassi. In fairness he doesn't pull many punches with the Hulmans either.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3165045)   #36
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"...mercurial to the point of self harm..."
Tasty
Old 11 Nov 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3165109)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well, I sometimes score points off Penske, Chip and cranky Mike myself and will probably continue to do so thank you very much but unlike myself and Miller we don't have the kind of financial investment on the line that those bosses do. I like Bernard but I can see why Bernard was edged out as a result of his ignorance on the financial model of running a racing team. It's hard to be too sympathetic with Chip - he is mercurial to the point of self harm - but it's the Hulman regime that deserves the kind of ire that Miller directs at Ganassi. In fairness he doesn't pull many punches with the Hulmans either.
So.. why is it that every time the team owners get something that they dont like about the series, it converts to a modern day Lord of the Flies, with people who are seemingly sane and logical, picking sides and doing everything in their power to kill... for what seems to be pleasure.. the taste of the kill...

I take issue to some extent regarding these guys' having skin in the IndyCar game.. they have sponsors, who have helped build their teams to the state that they are in, who have provided funding for equipment and development, for their team facilities, for their new cars... to keep the lights on...

... so its not like they invested their own money with no hope of a financial return...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Nov 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3165318)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So.. why is it that every time the team owners get something that they dont like about the series, it converts to a modern day Lord of the Flies, with people who are seemingly sane and logical, picking sides and doing everything in their power to kill... for what seems to be pleasure.. the taste of the kill...

I take issue to some extent regarding these guys' having skin in the IndyCar game.. they have sponsors, who have helped build their teams to the state that they are in, who have provided funding for equipment and development, for their team facilities, for their new cars... to keep the lights on...

... so its not like they invested their own money with no hope of a financial return...
If these bosses are in it for the money then they are in the wrong business.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 03:56 (Ref:3165366)   #39
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"...modern day Lord of the Flies..."
You guys are making this entertaining again.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:23 (Ref:3165699)   #40
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
"...mercurial to the point of self harm..."
Tasty
Yeah, I had to look that up. As it turns out I am mercurial.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3165755)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
"...modern day Lord of the Flies..."
You guys are making this entertaining again.
The series or the thread?
Old 15 Nov 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3166476)   #42
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
GTR, I meant it was entertaining to read what people have to say.

I ingested everything Indycar that I could get my hands on for two years.
Had a real good puke and moved on long ago.
But it's fun to drop in occasionally and read some insight, as opposed to the same old regurgitations.

Your analogy was noteworthy.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3166505)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3169968)   #44
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thread's about the silly season..........but............

Any movement on the whisper posted elsewhere that Tony Cochwane, him formerly of the Oz V8 Taxi series, is under consideration for top dog at Indycar?
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3169983)   #45
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post

Any movement on the whisper posted elsewhere that Tony Cochwane, him formerly of the Oz V8 Taxi series, is under consideration for top dog at Indycar?
He said he wasn't interested in any CEO role anymore.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3170000)   #46
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post

He is not.

They confirmed that Jeff Belskus will be the permanent IndyCar Series CEO, and will be replaced by Mark Miles as the Hulman & Company CEO.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3171424)   #47
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He said he wasn't interested in any CEO role anymore.
Thankfully.

Him in Indycar would be a freaking disaster
Old 3 Dec 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3174397)   #48
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Roger Penske officially announced that he has offered Tony Stewart a ride at the Indianapolis 500!

Bad news is, when the Captain announced it at the Nascar awards ceremony, attendants all laughed.
Old 3 Dec 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3174433)   #49
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does the Dallara DW12 come in Triple-X Wide?
Old 3 Dec 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3174619)   #50
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Former CART boss Andrew Craig has ruled out returning to American single-seater management as part of the IndyCar Series' organisation reshuffle.