Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 3 Dec 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3174776)   #51
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Roger Penske officially announced that he has offered Tony Stewart a ride at the Indianapolis 500!

Bad news is, when the Captain announced it at the Nascar awards ceremony, attendants all laughed.
That's the most harshest thing they have ever did to Mr. Penske!

Still, I doubt that Tony Stewart can race at next year's Indy 500...
Old 7 Dec 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3176015)   #52
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Former CART boss Andrew Craig has ruled out returning to American single-seater management as part of the IndyCar Series' organisation reshuffle.
Now that is just hilarious that they would even look at bringing him in. The irony of history.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3176250)   #53
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Roger Penske officially announced that he has offered Tony Stewart a ride at the Indianapolis 500!

Bad news is, when the Captain announced it at the Nascar awards ceremony, attendants all laughed.
They thought he was joking. He reiterated it later on to journalists, saying it wasn't a joke and was in fact a genuine offer.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3176519)   #54
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Captain joking? They must be joking... he ain't no Mayor of Hinchtown.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3177741)   #55
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubens to brazilian stock cars.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-ride-in-2013/
Old 11 Dec 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3177771)   #56
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Bernard, no Barrichello, no body kits, only 2 engine manufacturers, no home race for me... My interest in this series is waning again. So glad I went and watched a race this year, could have been the high water mark post-merger.
Old 16 Dec 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3179083)   #57
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
It's a no brainer. He'll make more than in the irl and he'll be at home.
Old 16 Dec 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3179189)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Briscoe's quit Penske.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...xt-opportunity
Old 16 Dec 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3179245)   #59
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does that mean Penske is running only 2 cars in 2013 - hope Briscoe picks up a ride too...
Old 18 Dec 2012, 05:26 (Ref:3179700)   #60
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily enough, I could see Briscoe landing at RLR. He's the steady, experienced hand that they'll need in the team.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3180467)   #61
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Esteban Guerrieri will run full-time at the Argentine Turismo Carretera with a Dodge as Pechito López' teammate. But he still wants to run the Indianapolis 500.

Old 27 Dec 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3182229)   #62
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
@NaBUru38 hat can I say? At last. Decision came five years to late as he could've been multiple champion in different Argie series. He was chasing dream that would never come true, not with his thin wallet. When I heard he testing WSR car recently I thought he was a waster... A VERY GOOD DECISIon that came to late. Good luck to hin as he is one of the best, if not the best Argie in Msport.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 16:05 (Ref:3182240)   #63
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Barrichello has confirmed he's going to run the full 2013 Brazilian Stock Car Championship. A real shame, I thought he had the potential to be very big in Indy Cars.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3182283)   #64
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There's a good economy in Brazil, national adulation in cheap cars. In Indycar extravagant expense, big bills with little coverage. I didn't predict it but I'm not surprised with the switch.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3182295)   #65
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I will miss Barrichello, but he's old so he's fine at Stock Car. But Guerrieri could have had a decent run if he had found backing. I'm very disappointed. He will struggle the first year and win everything in 2014, I think.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3182595)   #66
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From a Jayski update on Phoenix Racing's Cup drivers.

Quote:
UPDATE: James (Finch) telling Newschannel 7 Sports he's committed to run at least 18 Cup races in 2013, starting with the Daytona 500. He says he's secured a sponsor for both Daytona races in February, but won't announce that sponsor until after the first. James says Regan Smith will drive for Phoenix in the Daytona 500. Finch will use Smith for some other Cup races, though he'll have to share Smith, since he will drive the Nationwide Series for JR Motorsports. Allmendinger is another driver Finch would like to use on the Cup Series. AJ ran the final four races of 2012 for Phoenix and James says he liked how AJ handled the car. Allmendinger though apparently considering some offers to race Indy cars. As for running the whole cup circuit, Finch says he's hoping for some early success and that more sponsorship will come along, making running a full slate more possible.(News Channel 7, Panama City Beach, FL)(12-28-2012)
Old 29 Dec 2012, 01:14 (Ref:3182597)   #67
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Nice parting shot.

Quote:
12/27/12 Barrichello to opt for stock cars UPDATE #2 Rubens Barrichello has announced that he will leave IndyCar to race in Brazil's Stock Car V8 series in 2013. He will drive for Peugeot squad Full Time Sports.

"After my 20-plus years representing Brazil racing all over the world, it is time to come home," said Barrichello.

"It will be amazing to race in my home country again, while allowing me to be closer to family. I have much enthusiasm for what this perfect fit will bring and look forward to racing in front of large crowds again."
Old 29 Dec 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3182730)   #68
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Allmendinger though apparently considering some offers to race Indy cars" is a "sentence" only Jayski could construct.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3183078)   #69
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
"Allmendinger though apparently considering some offers to race Indy cars" is a "sentence" only Jayski could construct.
I guess that is the old news when Foyt were still considering Allmendinger. Now, it looks much more likely Sato will drive this machine.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3183293)   #70
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Nice parting shot.
Parting shot or honest observation?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3187516)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Sato has been confirmed as the #14 Foyt Honda driver.

So, where will Briscoe land? ganassi, Rahal, Schmidt? KV, Coyne? Sports car racing, V8 Supercars?
Old 11 Jan 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3187679)   #72
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's obvious Foyt hired Sato because Foyt is determined to get back into victory lane. They have hired a driver with good chances of winning before with Conway, and to some degree, with Meira, too. But what Foyt really need to do is train their pit crew to make quicker stops.
Old 11 Jan 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3187876)   #73
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Fresh from today's PitPass:

Quote:
Not expected to renew: #38 Ganassi, #2 Penske

"I'm definitely feeling better and better about things," Ryan Briscoe said. "Things are looking good."

"Another driver who could land a seat is Indy Lights champion Tristan Vautier"

"IndyCar has a waiting list. There are at least two teams -and perhaps as many as five- interested. Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing's car for Josef Newgarden is one of them. Dragon Racing hopes it can get spots for the two cars.

Also in the mix are HVM Racing, which currently does not have an engine deal or a funded program, and the possible second cars of teams owned by Sam Schmidt and Bobby Rahal."
Old 12 Jan 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3188170)   #74
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I have a program that is currently unfunded as well, and I lack an engine deal...the future is indeed bright...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 Jan 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3188312)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news for Foyt and Sato.