Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Nov 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1463386)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Honda force Biaggi and Gibernau out?

While at work last night, I was reading Motorcycle News and came across a story about Gibernau and Biaggi. Apprently there have been rumours going around the paddock that Honda wanted to replace the ageing pair of Biaggi and Gibernau so they could blood in some younger riders, Stoner, Pedrosa etc.. Its is only rumour but Gibernau suffered 6 engine failures during the year, ran out of fuel at Brno and at Valencia, HRC changed the engine in his bike after "apprently" discovering an oil leak, something Gibernau didn't report or see.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1463399)   #2
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe honda wanted them out, but i cant believe they would of deliberatly either allowed or caused sete to have engine failures as thats very bad PR for honda

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 17 Nov 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1463455)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i doubt it's the case for Gibernau .. it was Telefonica related for him .. but biaggi . most likely

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Nov 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1463608)   #4
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm on max's side these days HE WAS SABATAGED!!

Old 17 Nov 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1463620)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about Sete... does it have to do with Honda or with the preparation at Team Gresini?

As for Max, they said that HRC didn't even want him on their tent on the Valencia paddock - it's quite obvious there's no love lost between 'em.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1463934)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Sete just suffered an unlucky streak regarding his failures. He's just had one of those seasons to forget.

As for Biaggi, did Honda ever really want, or rate, him? IMO they've been waiting for someone like Pedrosa to come through so have stuck the likes of Barros and Biaggi on their machines as seat-fillers.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1464029)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Biaggi didn't do enought o make hismelf welcome at Honda in recent years, his behaviour seems quite unprofessional when contrasted with the efforts Hayden adn melandri have put in. As for Seté, I think he's been unlucky this year, but the reality is that he cna't consistantly be a top-line rider, because he's emotionally quite unbalanced and complicated. His run in 2004 and for half of 2004 was surely the best he'll be capable of doing, and Hayden, Melandri, Elias and especially Pedrosa are better long-term bets. The question of sabotage is interesting - by the time he was out of championship contention, they probably didn't want him to be the top Honda rider if they knew he had no future with them, so it's possible that they didn't work as hard on his bike - then again, Honda bikes blowing up isn't good Honda publciity?
Old 21 Nov 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1466685)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that definately HRC wanted rid of Max, in fact I am quite surprised he wasn't sacked because he basically accused the engfineers of sabotage.
He never really got on with HRC the whole time he rode a Honda, he constanly whinged in 98 when on the Marlboro bike and was always moaning with Sito's team. In some cases justifiably but you cannt complain when you are the best bike and your results are rubbish, he was outpaced and out focussed by Hayden this year and the sad part is he is still one of the few guys to really sock it to Vale over the years.
As for Sete, thatw as pure money, he has been with Movistar for years and they went with Alonso to F1, they were already there but putting more cash in.
But also think he was looking at Marco and thinking, "hell this guy is getting a bit quick" Plus I think he needed a change from Honda, he has tried his best to beat Vale on the Honda and strangely only really managed it when Vale was on one!!