Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3762605)   #826
V8 Fireworks
Veteran
 
V8 Fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 901
V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post
So you are saying every other driver in the (Super2) field has no track record in top levels of motorsport - what do you class as top level of motorsport?
Well, obviously the Supercars series as opposed to the lesser Super2, Kumho or NZV8 series.

The Australian Carrera Cup and Australian GT (aside from the Bathurst 12 hour where there is an influx of top level international teams and drivers) would also be considered lesser series, whereas the Blancpain GT series, World Endurance Championship (where Stanway races) or WeatherTech Sportscar series would be considered a top-level series.

With the other Super2 drivers you are taking a punt whether they would be good enough, since many Super2 champions & front runners have only been average Supercars series drivers (average in the sense of being in the middle of the pack, and eventually being dropped, to take Andrew Jones, Greg Ritter, Steve Owen & Dean Canto as examples).

Whereas Stanaway, being proven in top level motorsport overseas has a better-than-average chance of being fast and consistent in the Supercars series (unlike the Golding, Muscats etc who may or may not be good enough in the Supercars series -- they might be Dean Canto or Greg Ritter Mk2, or they might be McLaughlin Mk2 and be spectacularly impressive -- its hard to say). [Obviously the top drivers in the top Supercars series are proven in top level motorsport locally.]

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 29 Aug 2017 at 13:44.
V8 Fireworks is offline  
Quote
Old 29 Aug 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3762785)   #827
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 2,451
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I did, hence why I said the only one yet to sign a contract is Bright.
No you didn't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
At this stage the only one to sign a contract is Bright for 2018
mayhem is online now  
Quote
Old 29 Aug 2017, 23:45 (Ref:3762792)   #828
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
No you didn't:
You have contradicted yourself, I cant believe what I see
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 02:24 (Ref:3762809)   #829
T-star
Racer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 386
T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe you can't believe it!
T-star is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 02:36 (Ref:3762811)   #830
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,104
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more rediculous.
Umai Naa is online now  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 02:49 (Ref:3762815)   #831
WatchingOn
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
WatchingOn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Well, obviously the Supercars series as opposed to the lesser Super2, Kumho or NZV8 series.

The Australian Carrera Cup and Australian GT (aside from the Bathurst 12 hour where there is an influx of top level international teams and drivers) would also be considered lesser series, whereas the Blancpain GT series, World Endurance Championship (where Stanway races) or WeatherTech Sportscar series would be considered a top-level series.

With the other Super2 drivers you are taking a punt whether they would be good enough, since many Super2 champions & front runners have only been average Supercars series drivers (average in the sense of being in the middle of the pack, and eventually being dropped, to take Andrew Jones, Greg Ritter, Steve Owen & Dean Canto as examples).

Whereas Stanaway, being proven in top level motorsport overseas has a better-than-average chance of being fast and consistent in the Supercars series (unlike the Golding, Muscats etc who may or may not be good enough in the Supercars series -- they might be Dean Canto or Greg Ritter Mk2, or they might be McLaughlin Mk2 and be spectacularly impressive -- its hard to say). [Obviously the top drivers in the top Supercars series are proven in top level motorsport locally.]
I do agree that competing overseas can be beneficial whether in cars or open wheelers, but I believe that competing locally is also beneficial but depends on who you are racing, not everyone has the chance to compete overseas.

If you are winning or running in the top 3-5 in a highly competitive field then this would stand you as a better driver than those that are winning in a less competitive field/competition.

I don't think you can discredit current competitors and refer to them as essentially "unproven nobodies"
WatchingOn is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3762816)   #832
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 2,451
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
You have contradicted yourself, I cant believe what I see
I mean, seriously... Good luck with your studies champ, but here's hoping you've got a strong proof reader.
mayhem is online now  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3762818)   #833
T-star
Racer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 386
T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will probably just get a mate to sit the exams for him...and then not believe the outcome
T-star is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3762824)   #834
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I mean, seriously... Good luck with your studies champ, but here's hoping you've got a strong proof reader.
I'll admit, my grammar on his isn't at it's standards in my assignments, but not many others have it here either. Seems to be the way when it's not serious. Next step from what I'm doing now is the Motorsports Training Australia campus in Albury, it allows people to be trained in areas that could lead to a job within V8 Supercars.

Also, to the couple who are none believers, explain why I have not said a thing for the last two years, leave school and go into studies this year, nothing and then something is said, I don't talk on forums too often, as more trolling happens then actually conversation. Strange that my friend has a strong opinion and is a race fan too, they have gone straight into working with cars, I'd say they know.

Last edited by mceci1; 30 Aug 2017 at 04:20.
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3762825)   #835
ford71
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Australia
Adelaide
Posts: 878
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just assumed mceci1 missed out the word "yet" in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
At this stage the only one to sign a contract is Bright for 2018
--> At this stage the only one YET to sign a contract is Bright for 2018


I think thats all the problem is.
...but if you are going to be outspoken then you should be sure your posts are accurate, not confusing.
ford71 is offline  
__________________
.......just waiting for CHAZ MOSTERT to chalk up his first V8SC Championship!
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 04:26 (Ref:3762826)   #836
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post
I do agree that competing overseas can be beneficial whether in cars or open wheelers, but I believe that competing locally is also beneficial but depends on who you are racing, not everyone has the chance to compete overseas.

If you are winning or running in the top 3-5 in a highly competitive field then this would stand you as a better driver than those that are winning in a less competitive field/competition.

I don't think you can discredit current competitors and refer to them as essentially "unproven nobodies"
Some in the Development series now seem to have some potential. In the Waters era, 13 to 15, it went through a real low and there was no competition to Cam and Paul. Now this year its a strong as the Mostert, McLaughling era, which was a decent era, as we saw now. There are probably three drivers I wouldn't agree with them being in Super2, but other then that, the rest aren't too bad. Josh Kean, no concept of racing in him, and the Kostecki Brothers, Brodie has talent, the other two went up too early. But Josh Kean I can't understand how someone could be so lacking in one of, if not the best car in the field, it's impacting Jacobson too I think as he doesn't have that experience of JLB and someone pushing him
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 04:27 (Ref:3762827)   #837
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I just assumed mceci1 missed out the word "yet" in this post:



--> At this stage the only one YET to sign a contract is Bright for 2018


I think thats all the problem is.
...but if you are going to be outspoken then you should be sure your posts are accurate, not confusing.
Yes that's it, not sure when I typed the post and no excuse as to why I missed the word yet, probably typing too fast
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3762835)   #838
mayhem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Posts: 2,451
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Yes that's it, not sure when I typed the post and no excuse as to why I missed the word yet, probably typing too fast
Whats that? Sorry? Oh no worries. Dolt.
mayhem is online now  
__________________
The Jerk Store rang...
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3762839)   #839
mceci1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Australia
Posts: 575
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Whats that? Sorry? Oh no worries. Dolt.
I made a typing error, I'll admit to that as it was a stupid one at that. I have seen plenty of others do it, and some even worse then my error
mceci1 is offline  
Quote
Old 30 Aug 2017, 06:40 (Ref:3762842)   #840
Axeman444
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Axeman444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Posts: 3,844
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
I made a typing error, I'll admit to that as it was a stupid one at that. I have seen plenty of others do it, and some even worse then my error
*than my error...

Russell to LDM a possibilty next year if he secures the coin off the back of a decent endurance program? He seems one of the few willing to pay more coin once he has already experienced their inner workings
Axeman444 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GTE / GTLM 2018, on the way to a new GT1 era hondafan37 ACO Regulated Series 375 Yesterday 23:05
[WEC] BMW confirmed in GTE in 2018 AkioAsakura95 ACO Regulated Series 264 13 Sep 2017 17:52
2018 New Manufacturers GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 60 28 Nov 2016 03:56
Hockenheim secures new deal until 2018 jab Formula One 13 2 Oct 2009 01:25


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.