Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Sep 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3765646)   #856
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
With very few exceptions in my 30 plus years of watching motorsport if a driver is not immediately quick when they start in a new category they are unlikely ever be quick no matter how may miles they might get.

Notable exceptions being Jimmie Johnson who was a midfield runner at best in the Busch Series ,(yes I know he won one race before his Cup debut) and closer to home Jamie Whincup.

You can slow 'em down but it is darn hard to speed 'em up.
I'd say SVG, Courtney, Coulthard were also names who struggled initially but really came on to be decent drivers, as we all know, its a mix of driver and team. But key is mileage. You put someone like Lowndes as a driver coach for the likes of Marjoram, Brodie Kostecki or Fullwood and they will accelerate, sometimes they need that spark to help them. Whincup had it when he lost his seat, but your right, a lot can't be sped up.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3765962)   #857
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Meantime is AA this week, Mr Branagan suggests that Ms De Silvestro may have been scouting out opportunities beyond her Nissan location for next season.

The article indicated that Tekno may have been involved in discussions about a switch to the Holden brand.

NisMoAu says no way, there is a contract.

Yet you might imagine if you keep being slow in 2013-model gear, and the only one in the team with gear of that vintage, something will have to give soon..
Old 11 Sep 2017, 04:55 (Ref:3765964)   #858
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the equipment is a reflection of the budget?

Perhaps, the Kelly Krate lives on?
Old 11 Sep 2017, 05:10 (Ref:3765965)   #859
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Perhaps the equipment is a reflection of the budget?

Perhaps, the Kelly Krate lives on?
I would imagine it to be complex for Supercar (and commercial friends) to withdraw support for a manufacturer supported team and place it at a privateer... especially when said manufacturer's participation is in flux.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 05:59 (Ref:3765970)   #860
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd have to imagine there would be a certain expectation on what specification the car runs in.

But then again, the bloke at the head of it all, seems to have a knack for selling pups to sponsors, teams, and drivers alike
Old 11 Sep 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3765976)   #861
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Where does Auto Fiction get their information from, I have seen a number of things from Auto Action including as GTR said, Nissan and Simona, GRM with 4 cars, and none of it has been true. I don't believe it unless its from Supercars.com or speedcafe as they are reasonably reliable
Old 11 Sep 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3765984)   #862
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Where does Auto Fiction get their information from, I have seen a number of things from Auto Action including as GTR said, Nissan and Simona, GRM with 4 cars, and none of it has been true. I don't believe it unless its from Supercars.com or speedcafe as they are reasonably reliable
They actually attend race meetings and speak to people... as funny as that might sound...
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3765994)   #863
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They actually attend race meetings and speak to people... as funny as that might sound...
So why did they claim GRM was moving to 4 cars, when GRM themselves said its not a possibility, they did look at it a while ago according to Garry, but its not a chance
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3765996)   #864
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where there is a fair bit of gibberish beings spoken. To maintain readership, credibility needs to be maintained and stories like the GRM one which was clearly wrong don't help the cause.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3765997)   #865
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
I mean seriously look at this, and I am not shooting the messanger, but there is no way that Will is headed back to PRA, as of Bright's retirement the team is looking at the young guns of Jacobson and Stanaway.

https://prnt.sc/gjplze

They got the GRM possibly expanding part right, but as of 2018, even GRM said they weren't looking at that and budget will probably not allow it in the near future, I don't care who wrote it, just because they say it doesn't mean its true, look at Mr Phelps, he goes to events and says the most ridiculous things such as mustang in 2018, neither of the Ford teams have anything set yet

https://prnt.sc/gjpmlm
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3765998)   #866
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
So why did they claim GRM was moving to 4 cars, when GRM themselves said its not a possibility, they did look at it a while ago according to Garry, but its not a chance
Why did the team owner get quoted directly in the articles?

Clearly you don't understand the purposes of some of these stories
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3765999)   #867
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Why did the team owner get quoted directly in the articles?

Clearly you don't understand the purposes of some of these stories
Got the article to show it
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3766000)   #868
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Got the article to show it
How do you choose to comment on its validity without it?
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3766001)   #869
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You'd have to imagine there would be a certain expectation on what specification the car runs in.

But then again, the bloke at the head of it all, seems to have a knack for selling pups to sponsors, teams, and drivers alike
You might need to be more specific about whether said bloke is head of the Nissan Racing outfit or otherwise? Please and thank you
Old 11 Sep 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3766002)   #870
champcarman
Racer

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long way to go yet in this silly season, team ownership, car makes etc.